Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What has gone wrong here on tFB?

What's Hot

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1199
    iPhone killed my smilie. Probably a conspiracy thing.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5007
    prowla said:
    A while back I had someone "fix" something I wrote, by quoting my post but editing my words to something else.

I objected to the mods but they were busy dealing with sir twatalot

I tend not to post in the off-topic area now; I'm here for the guitar/bass chat.
    FTFY

/irony
    Yep - you've demonstrated the "FTFY" thing.

But now people reading the thread might thing I'd written that (eg. if there were some posts in-between or it was on a new page and they just jumped to the most recent updates)...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14750
    edited August 2017
    Anyone who posts a new Discussion on a public forum, inviting opinions, must accept that some replies will not be in agreement with his or her own outlook.

The type of thread topic that invites the forum community to take the OP's side in a reasoned debate will be accused of being whiny - very possibly with good reason. 

When I was a regular on the Seymour Duncan User Group forum, there was young young man who seemed to wish that the threads he started would progress in the way that he had hoped when he began them. If/when these threads deviated from the course that young man desired, he would either close or delete them.

skunkwerx said:
    mods/overlords/admins ... nazis/power tripping ... on different forums.
    This is what led me to abandon the SDUGF. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    I think @skunkwerx captures it fairly well.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    Stop being mean, he only wants to air his opinions.

Lets see, people not shaving, people moving their legs in restaurants, eschewing  the horse drawn cart in favour of a motorised vehicle and whistling on a Tuesday .

Calling him a pompous attention seeker because of this , while correct, really isn't very nice... and that's why I would never call him a pompous attention seeker.

He's actually just a bit of a twat.
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Chill the shits out Rocker. No one is throwing barbs you. Your opinions on sound quality and wind farms just suck, that's all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    Don't take it too personally mate - people are more likely to be flagrant with their comments on an internet forum. I'm sure people like Kin ^ have issues of their own relating to tiny genitalia and low self esteem. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    frank1985 said:
    Don't take it too personally mate - people are more likely to be flagrant with their comments on an internet forum. I'm sure people like Kin ^ have issues of their own relating to tiny genitalia and low self esteem. 
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhaahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahaa!!

<I'm gonna take the high ground>
    <oh wait.. no, I'm gonna take the low ground>
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1199
    I didn't mean to be mean.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited August 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    frank1985 said:

Did that a hit a little too close to home? you are the archetypal forum bellend after all.  Peace x
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2017
    frank1985 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    frank1985 said:

Did that a hit a little too close to home? you are the archetypal TFB bellend after all.  Peace x
    Nah didn't touch me at all. I just found it hilarious that in the last sentence you completely invalidated everything you were saying!

And I mean... come on... how petty do you and your ilk have to be? I mean really.... we're all having a laugh and a joke, and you come in with yer big ginger balls swinging... ruining our fun times...
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
     @frank1985 ;, you are quite correct on both counts, which makes you one of the luckiest people in the world, what with having access to the contents of my mind and my trousers.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    Drew_TNBD said:
    frank1985 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    frank1985 said:

Did that a hit a little too close to home? you are the archetypal TFB bellend after all.  Peace x
    Nah didn't touch me at all. I just found it hilarious that in the last sentence you completely invalidated everything you were saying!

And I mean... come on... how petty do you and your ilk have to be? I mean really.... we're all having a laugh and a joke, and you come in with yer big ginger balls swinging... ruining our fun times...
    You and your sexy talk.... it is a good thing I am happily married otherwise I'd have made an honest misanthrope of you years ago.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Humour is the work of Satan and needs to be stamped out at all costs.
    For once, I'm serious.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Rocker said:
    Lately a lot of replies and contributions here have become very nasty and personal. I have been dished out a large number of these replies but so also have other members. It seems that holding a view which is different to that of the group in general, can result in spiteful remarks and comments. Rather than discussing and probing these different viewpoints, put downs of one type or another are the norm. We come from a wide variety of backgrounds so it is inevitable that our opinions and ideas will be different.

On BassChat, there are very few barbs thrown at fellow members even when opinions expressed are extreme opposites. There is civil debate which can get heated but remains respectful.

We in tFB are a community. Let's try and moderate our comments and keep comments to the subject under discussion. And refrain from personal barbs. At least give it a fair trial...
    To a point I agree .. there's always been issues .. politics is a good example. Brexit caused fissures to appear as has Trump etc. It's interesting to note how many old timers have left and there were a few caustic comments on Facebook today.

It's even reached the music tasks on the Making Music section ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7889
    edited August 2017
    I prefer honest bitchiness and harsh honest opinions to the fake "I respect your opinion but" two faced bullshit prevalent in fake British society. Except for Drew of course, he's just a megabitch and Octatonic needs to slap him with a dildo bought used off of Gumtree.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    Thing is everybody has a massive set of balls when it comes to online abuse, meet in real life and its all chilled mostly. Be nice to each other and if you disagree then walk on, pointless having keyboard rucks.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    I prefer honest bitchiness and harsh honest opinions to the fake "I respect your opinion but" two faced bullshit prevalent in fake British society. Except for Drew of course, he's just a megabitch and Octatonic needs to slap him with a dildo bought used off of Gumtree.

I respect your opinion, but you can eat my dick honey Mr. Pooh.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4696
    As far as I am concerned the second anybody is abusive as part of a debate they have lost the argument. At which point I walk away taking the high road.
    A good debater is able to use reason and evidence to persuade other of their opinion. I'm willing to change my mind given the right evidence.
    If somebody resorts to abusive language you have obviously hit a nerve and have made them question their own beliefs 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I do love a hurtful putdown on the internet
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom