Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What has gone wrong here on tFB?

What's Hot

Comments

• Double Bollocks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2275
    Double Bollocks. 
    No smilies...
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    holnrew said:
    I fully acknowledge I can be an oversensitive fanny sometimes though

Some of this ought to help you.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slacker said:
    Double Bollocks. 
    No smilies...
    None intended...
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Rocker said:
    Risking being banned or put in the cooler, I have moved this back to its rightful category. This subject ought not be swept under the carpet...
    I read this, then I read your signature underneath. Irony lost on you, I presume.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    camf said:
    Middle-aged white men aren't really traditionally regarded a good benchmark for sensitivity, open-mindedness or generosity of spirit. Could this be a factor? 
    Can't believe this kind of ageism and racism is acceptable on a child friendly guitar forum such as this!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1199
    I know... I'm ashamed I wrote that. I was really just talking about myself (I'm really stretching it at middle-aged, though.)

FIFY

"Old white men like me aren't really traditionally regarded a good benchmark for sensitivity, open-mindedness or generosity of spirit. Could this be a factor?"

Is that better?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
     :'( 
  • camfcamf Frets: 1199
    :3 <3 :3 <3
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22562
    As far as I am concerned the second anybody is abusive as part of a debate they have lost the argument. At which point I walk away taking the high road.
    A good debater is able to use reason and evidence to persuade other of their opinion. I'm willing to change my mind given the right evidence.
    If somebody resorts to abusive language you have obviously hit a nerve and have made them question their own beliefs 
    As someone who regularly posts a load of political gibberish with references, it's a thoughtful post. Personally I don't want to persuade others. The basis of debate is to have your argument down and watertight. When delivered to an audience, it is down to that audience in terms of how they absorb the argument. If your audience aren't into substantive positions, you're in the shit. 

• SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    camf said:
    I know... I'm ashamed I wrote that. I was really just talking about myself (I'm really stretching it at middle-aged, though.)

FIFY

"Old white men like me aren't really traditionally regarded a good benchmark for sensitivity, open-mindedness or generosity of spirit. Could this be a factor?"

Is that better?
    I think you should have put "such as me" rather than "like me". The former includes you in the group, the latter suggests a separate group who are like you but of which you are not a member.

Heartfeltdawn said:

The basis of debate is to have your argument down and watertight.
    I think that's true in the Debate Club sense, but is a forum not for discussion rather than debate? An opportunity to learn about others' views on the subject, and then mock them? Actually, in all seriousness, I have genuinely learned from people I've disagreed with here - I might not change my position entirely to theirs, but a bit more understanding is probably a good thing.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

So, if I'm reading this correctly:- You're all a load of wankers =) =) =) =) is considered acceptable?

So, if I'm reading this correctly:- You're all a load of wankers =) =) =) =) is considered acceptable?

Absolutely, you steaming turd.  :# :expressionless: :scream: 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4378
    Isn't it as simple as ask a silly question, get a silly answer?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
     Sporky said:

Wait a second, I don't see any smiling smileys in there, I thought it was only going to be OK to call someone out as long as lots of smiley smileys are inserted? :s

• slackerslacker Frets: 2275
    With smilies apparantly.
    I reject the premise outright tbh.

This forum has gotten better over time, not worse.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
     Sporky said:

Wait a second, I don't see any smiling smileys in there, I thought it was only going to be OK to call someone out as long as lots of smiley smileys are inserted? :s

I thought it was any smiley?

Please don't tell me I have to watch the emoticon movie as punishment. :cold_sweat: 
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    I thought it was awesome when @Drew_TNBD and that Lixarto (sp?) bloke were knocking lumps out of each other. Those were the days  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I thought it was awesome when @Drew_TNBD and that Lixarto (sp?) bloke were knocking lumps out of each other. Those were the days  ;)
    Those halcyon daze!