Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Blade Runner 2049 - SPOILERS FROM PAGE 3 - PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS!

What's Hot

Comments

• Aaaaaahhhh!!!!

I so want to see this but I'm in full time carer mode. So envious !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28075
    Floof said:
    I think we'll be seeing a fair bit of the crew on Oscars night (not sure any of the performances warrant it - which is not a criticism) 

I reckon Gosling (lead) & Ford (supporting) will both get nominations but no chance of winning - scifi never wins the big oscars, however good it is. Villeneuve may even get a Best Director nod - what else is there this year?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Floof said:
    I think we'll be seeing a fair bit of the crew on Oscars night (not sure any of the performances warrant it - which is not a criticism) 

I reckon Gosling (lead) & Ford (supporting) will both get nominations but no chance of winning - scifi never wins the big oscars, however good it is. Villeneuve may even get a Best Director nod - what else is there this year?
    Will certainly get best Score for Zimmer. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28075
    Floof said:

Will certainly get best Score for Zimmer. 
    Yeah, obviously. Forgot him!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Saw it in Imax last night... beautiful looking film.... as a massive fan of the original i was excited.... but i have to say i thought the story was a mess... didnt care about any of the characters... cartoonish villians... laughably bad performance from Jared Leto as Dr Evil.... ultimately the writing let the film down. Gosling was served a poison chalice with that role....playing a replicant who doesnt really show emotion stopped the audience from really caring about him.

Feast for the eyes, plotholes a plenty and ultimately a film that was madly in love with itself.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17153
    Erm.... spoiler alert???
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12138
    edited October 2017

SPOILER !
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4442
    edited October 2017
    WezV said:
    Erm.... spoiler alert???
    + 100000000000 - THANK YOU (@Niallseroreilly), now I know all about the main character ARGH
    Cannot believe that. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2017
     there are 3 short firms set Pre-2049 which is interesting to watch.

• lol sorry i skipped to the 3rd page of the post , assumed we were past the point of spoiler alerts..

although you find out hes a replicant 5 mins in
  • Oh do you? Well that's now so bad... but please - spoilers in hidden text :)
    Oh do you? Well that's now so bad... but please - spoilers in hidden text :)
    More like 2 mins in, but still….its not in the trailer.

I consider anything not in the trailer to be a spoiler. 

anyone like the film who watched it?
    edited October 2017

Oh do you? Well that's now so bad... but please - spoilers in hidden text

I love it.

Spoiler below

I feel it is not what you think it is.  It's not a good vs evil, it is not Gosling vs Leto. 

Yep, struggle to think of a film I’ve enjoyed more in a long time. 

• Oh do you? Well that's now so bad... but please - spoilers in hidden text

I love it.

I feel it is not what you think it is.  It's not a good vs evil, it is not Gosling vs Leto.  

i dont mean in that way just thought Leto character was very two dimensional... typical evil genuis who kills people in the name of progress... 'you dont know the meaning of pain' 

The original creator of the replicants,  Tyrell was far more intriguing.

Spoiler Alert

I also thought the main plot was laughably convenient... what are the chances that deckhard and Rachel are the first replicants to have a child....and hey what are the chances that the same child is the dreammaker who works for Letos corporation....and Deckhard is still living in an abandoned hotel.... then K visits gaff and he makes an origami figure of a horse... thats laughably bad writing.

• Oh do you? Well that's now so bad... but please - spoilers in hidden text

I love it.

i dont mean in that way just thought Leto character was very two dimensional... typical evil genuis who kills people in the name of progress... 'you dont know the meaning of pain' 

The original creator of the replicants,  Tyrell was far more intriguing.

Spoiler Alert

I also thought the main plot was laughably convenient... what are the chances that deckhard and Rachel are the first replicants to have a child....and hey what are the chances that the same child is the dreammaker who works for Letos corporation....and Deckhard is still living in an abandoned hotel.... then K visits gaff and he makes an origami figure of a horse... thats laughably bad writing.
    @GavRichList after all that shite?
    edited October 2017
    More spoiler - MASSIVE SPOILER !!!!!! DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT.

The film explores further from what was set up in the 1982 original, the original movie explores the notion that whether perhaps if Human can fall in love with a replican, and whether replican can fall in love with another replican.  (depends whether you see Deckard as a replican, although Ridley Scott pretty much said that he is a replican in interviews and the Final Cut version of the movie makes it quite clear.

Anyway, 2049 takes the idea further and explores if replican can reproduce, are they now consider a life form and if that means they have a soul, can they feel? do they have feelings? what are those feelings.  Then there is the idea of slavery and whether it is now right to hold such "specie" to serve and obey us that are born.  And at what level does one becomes human and what is humanity is the only qualification is that we are born.  It also explores the notion whether now whether replican can feel love, and whether programming is real enough to be love.  Such ideas have been explored in other movies like A.I. by Spielberg, or Bicentennial Man or even Pinocchio.  

That is the core of the movie, Leto is not the villain, in reality human themselves are the villain, or are they? That's the question.  Is it wrong, or unnatural to want to stay on top of the food chain, to maintain the natural order of things.  Robin Wright plays that character.  Leto plays the part of of the struggles of a class trying to break free from the constraints of the rules set up by another species of no fault of their own.

2049 takes the original Blade Runner, the mere idea of whether Replicans can be close enough to be humans, and what is humans then throw it all out there again.  

It is NOT Gosling being the hero and Leto being the villain.  You have missed the boat if you think that.

This is a film, 2049 is what it is to be a film, it is not a blockbuster.

You need to know how to do spoiler tags properly.

There is a button at the top, click it.

• You need to know how to do spoiler tags properly.

There is a button at the top, click it.
    No sweat mate, makes sense. Didn't know there was one