I've never liked SGs before, but ....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    I really like the SG ergonomics playing standing up...tricky seated though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12720
    axisus said:
    p90fool said:
    lewism said:
    ...but why you'd take a Bigsby off a guitar is beyond me.
    To get to the volume knobs. 

Seriously, I love Bigsby's, but not being an "always on ten" guy I just end up ditching them. 
    I'm really lucky, I have the ability to apply intelligence and reach past the Bigsby
    On an SG, though, unless you are equipped with laser vision (unlikely) you can't see the knobs and in some cases the switch. Plus, if you've played an SG without one and then you install one, your muscle memory for reaching down and tweaking things on the fly as you play kicks in and you bash your knuckles... or rather I did.

Ghastly things on SGs, IMHO.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    Philly_Q said:
    DLM said:
    @Philly_Q That's a Lâg. Dunno the model, though...
    @DLM Ta!  
    Yep! It's a Roxanne Racing 2000 (My favourite Guitar, but not everyone's cuppa on looks)

@andyoz Why is it tricky to play an SG seated? 
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited November 2017
    I just find everything is too far to the left compared to a LP.  Strapped on it feels great. Although, I've noticed lately that my LP is the one that feels weird sitting down so must be getting used to the SG.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    andyoz said:
    I just find everything is too far to the left compared to a LP.  Strapped on it feels great. Although, I've noticed lately that my LP is the one that feels weird sitting down so must be getting used to the SG.
    You will do - I prefer my SG alternative seated, whereas I like the Les Paul standing, but there's not a lot in it and both 50s/60s neck profiles are pretty pleasing.
  • LKV_JazzmasterLKV_Jazzmaster Frets: 163
    edited December 2017
    I love the look of the bigsby on my 2013 Deluxe but I can’t say I ever use it. 

Mines abit but more marmite then the classic white and Black here though. Lime burst

http://i.imgur.com/FvQpdJb.jpg

(Excuse the kitten, who just happens to be called Gibson)
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    My mate has a kitten called Gibson, but he hasn’t got a lime burst SG..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My first cat was called Gibson. He was a real character. I lost him to kidney failure 12 years ago :(
    At the time this pic was taken we lived in the flat and someone made a noise in the foyer just as I clicked the shutter, hence his left ear is on the swivel.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/musophilr/gibson2a.jpg

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobe said:
    My mate has a kitten called Gibson, but he hasn’t got a lime burst SG..!
    Great minds must think alike. Haha

My first cat was called Gibson. He was a real character. I lost him to kidney failure 12 years ago :(
    At the time this pic was taken we lived in the flat and someone made a noise in the foyer just as I clicked the shutter, hence his left ear is on the swivel.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/musophilr/gibson2a.jpg

Sorry to hear that @Phil_aka_Pip that an awful way to lose a furry friend. 

We we have a black and white kitten also who has some similar marks to your Gibson. Although his names is Hendrix. :)
  • @LKV_Jazzmaster ;Hendrix was my second cat. Some bastard in a car wiped him out one dark Friday night. What got me about it wasn't so much that he got killed on the road (a black cat with no road-sense in a village with no street lights may not be expected to last long) - although that was most unpleasant - but the bastard just left him in the road to get squidged by other traffic. If I ever catch that bastard I'll do the same to him as what happened to Hendrix. And I'll take my time about it ...

I decided to move out after I'd had to scrape my neighbour's cat off the same bit of road a few yards away.

Best regards to your Hendrix :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited December 2017
    If an Sg is your first serious guitar, then of course having your Cowboy Chords in a different postcode will be "normal" for you. You don't even know there is a problem.

I think that is why it took me a while to properly get Les Pauls.
    As soon as I did.....the SGs were gone. To my amazement.

If Clapton had bought the '64 Sg just a little bit earlier he might have used it on in the Beano album. And history would have taken a different course (in terms of iconic guitar ranking).

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I have watched this video about 5 times this week so badly want this guitar.

https://youtu.be/465J81hVMY0
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited December 2017
    I am not keen on the Wildwood videos. And I am assuming that the amp is to blame for the string of Les Paul demos that are underwhelming to these ears.
    But that Sg clip is stunning.
    It is absolutely obvious that Greg loves the guitar.

Haven't checked the price but "worth the money". 

• Hmmm..... I don’t like SGs, I don’t like Bigsbys and I’m not keen on white guitars.....

Otherwise - very nice.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23575
    Skipped said:
    I am not keen on the Wildwood videos. And I am assuming that the amp is to blame for the string of Les Paul demos that are underwhelming to these ears.
    But that Sg clip is stunning.
    It is absolutely obvious that Greg loves the guitar.

Haven't checked the price but "worth the money". 
    I love Greg Koch's videos but I'm normally slightly less enthused when he demos humbucker guitars because he usually plays them too damn clean for my liking.  But that was a good one.

Wildwood have some amazing Gibson Custom guitars but gosh, it would cost so much to import one.