Custom Chibson Experience (Internals vid added)

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4250
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenman;193044" said:
    The link I found via the OP and the one posted earlier both flagged and blocked by my AV as containing malware. Make of that what you will.
    I found the site way before this thread was started and have had no issues viewing it from various machines with different browsers and security. I'd say it's kosher.
  • guitargeek62;193056" said:
    It was me and Avast still won't let me access it meaning I have to use my phone to drool.
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1104
    Very interesting thread i look forward to any updates once you have it in hand.

Id been thinking of placing an order with REG for a replica for the past few weeks & Ive sent them a quick email this weekend asking about making a few changes (id want no front FB markers,a slight headstock shape change,inverted headstock,no logo ect ect)

If i like what they say/see and decide to go for one i'll post my feedback in a thread here.

Cheers
    Gizmo

• guitargeek62;193056" said:
    It was me and Avast still won't let me access it meaning I have to use my phone to drool.
    Avast here also.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Gargh, thar be ye problem me hearties. Kick your scurvy AV to Davy Jones' locker n get yourself some new booty from one of t'other ports. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • after looking further at this company - i have decided not to risk it - the video reviews on their site seem very fishy as each video poster has no other videos - seems like they are stooges to me. Also whilst the guitar may be ok it seems you can get a epiphone 355 in pelham blue for less that these replicas. At least you know what you get with epiphone (had a couple of decent guitars from epiphone).

best of luck though with the purchase
    Cheers. :) 

My intention isn't to try and sell these at all, it's just to provide an honest, open review of the process. If it turns out badly then yep, I'll feel like a fool, but you'll get the full story either way. :)

I've tried one of those pelham 355s before - they look great in that TV version of the finish and they're built tidily, but I didn't like the neck profile. I also can't get past the omission of an ebony fingerboard for a 355! :D

Incidentally, if I did a video it would be my first upload too. I'm a crap player and have felt no need to inflict that on the world at large before! :p
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    A_T_W said:
    I'm surprised that people are surprised by the popularity of these guitars! :P  Like others have said, for everyone here "fake" doesn't even come into the equation, it's just an Epiphone priced and (hopefully) Epi quality guitar which you can customise far more than from almost anywhere else. From that description what's not to love?

If you do the whole custom logo thing then how is it any different than any of the hundreds of boutique Fender copy-cats, or even the eBay bitsa's that come with a Fender logo included? I think there's a bit of snobbishness coming into play here ...
    It's not different, or it's different from the ones that come with a logo they shouldn't in that you know what you're getting. It's when they start trying to present themselves as the real thing there's a problem. I still think if they're proud of what they do then they should have no problem putting their own name on the headstock. A requested logo for a custom order is a slightly different thing, but still veers into passing-off (or helping others to do it) territory. The affordable custom guitar thing is cool, hope it turns out well.
    Update: The missing f-hole binding is being fixed. :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fair play to them on dealing with the binding
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yep, I'd expected to be offered money back tbh - I didn't need to push for a repair at all. It would have bugged me in the long-run though so I'm glad it's being sorted. :)
  • photekphotek Frets: 1471
    edited March 2014
    I wonder if they will do me one with Gil Yaron logo :-B
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    photek said:
    Brilliant :D
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11135
    tFB Trader

guitargeek62;193056" said:
    Avast says its a bad place for me too ... hey ... perhaps Avast is owned by Gibson :))
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3021
    Lixarto said:
    photek said:
    Brilliant :D
    Agreed, this is deviant genius !
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    "Knockoffai" or "Epiphoney" next maybe for me, given the price point. Maybe "Shedwoods" at a push.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27744
    I reckon "Fender" would look pretty good in that font on that headstock ;)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3021
    F**k it, why not 'Fretboard' ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4066
    DrBob;194955" said:
    F**k it, why not 'Fretboard' ?
    You know, I'm sure I've seen partscasters with a TDPRI logo on the Telecaster forum.