Custom Chibson Experience (Internals vid added)

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4243
    edited April 2014
    Not yet - I'm trying to ignore it a bit as I'm finishing up my final uni project at the moment! :O
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bignormbignorm Frets: 196
    Good luck with the final Uni project ( I say that but what I really mean is.... fuck the Uni project .. Is it here yet lol)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    by the way, your old EGII is back in my mitts again :)image
    edited April 2014
    Ah that was a cool guitar - first one I ever imported from outside the UK! The only bit of damage was that I needed to solder one of the wires back onto the underside of the middle Fralin domino. Did you ever figure out what the bridge pickup in there was? Iirc, neither of us felt it was the correct "stock" one? :)

*edit* The Trini is currently in transit, it got collected yesterday (1st) so who wants to place a bet on how long it takes to get through customs here? :D
    edited April 2014
    The pick up is exactly the same as in my other EGII so it's probably HFS but I'm not sure tbh. There was a slight wiring fault which got sorted by the next owner, who totally rewired it after I sold it to him. So much so I ended up buying it back again last year lol I use them live for most gigs as they're so versatile.
  • funstuiefunstuie Frets: 77
    Someone tell him about Coil tapping. 

The Trini is currently in transit, it got collected yesterday (1st) so who wants to place a bet on how long it takes to get through customs here? :D
    10 days. Expect a customs fee of around £40.
  • I bought a tokai direct from the main Tokai South Africa dealer and it was in and out of customs within 24 hours.
    The best I've had was a(nother) PRS imported from the USA - 48 hours door to door!

Bignorm's EG didn't take long to get to the UK, but then got held at the "local" depot while duties paperwork was sent to me. I gave up waiting after a few days, and drove out to collect it in person. The letter didn't arrive until 2 weeks after it had landed in the UK!

@Bignorm - that's good to hear. I really didn't know too much about gear at the time, I just assumed it was a reasonably low-output set of p'ups! Let me know if it's ever for sale again, I'd like to give it another try!  :)
    It's now in the UK, awaiting customs clearance. I'll call them in the morning and see if I can speed things along without the letter that they'll send out. I hate waiting weeks for that to arrive when I know the parcel is a 15 minute drive from me!
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    edited April 2014
    Good luck hopefully it's turned out ok.
  • funstuiefunstuie Frets: 77
    guitargeek62;206089" said:
    It's now in the UK, awaiting customs clearance. I'll call them in the morning and see if I can speed things along without the letter that they'll send out. I hate waiting weeks for that to arrive when I know the parcel is a 15 minute drive from me!
    That's your best option from experience. You can pay the fee over the phone ash get the guitar next day.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3109
    Very exciting...
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• yes phone up and ask to collect it from local depot - you could be waiting letter a long time otherwise
    Bah humbug, I've got to wait until it arrives in my regional depot from the int'l hub before I can pay any charges. :(
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27951
    Bah humbug, I've got to wait until it arrives in my regional depot from the int'l hub before I can pay any charges. :(
    That part of the process is usually quite quick, once it's been opened & inspected (if necessary) and the duty due calculated.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    I hope they don't look too closely.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/banned-restricted.htm#2

Banned goods
    The following goods are banned completely regardless of which country you're travelling from or having goods sent from.
    [...]
    counterfeit, pirated and patent-infringing goods
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2014
    ^ No shit. ;)
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    Finally been able to see pics. Looks really nice. Will you be doing the obligatory unboxing video?
    Nooooooo! I can't stand those videos, pics will be as far as it goes ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Nooooooo! I can't stand those videos, pics will be as far as it goes ;)
    Very good, carry on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/jonathanchance/Graham_Chapman_Colonel.jpg
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom