Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Cables really do make a difference!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Time for this, I think:

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    but the fuzz face was :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    Dave_Mc said:
    but the fuzz face was :D
    Yes, but given the tone suck from the wah and the Univibe it probably makes no difference :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    Of course, but I was just arguing with the wording of it :D
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    edited December 2017
    ICBM said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    but the fuzz face was D
    Yes, but given the tone suck from the wah and the Univibe it probably makes no difference .
    That and the 300 miles of curly cable, and he still managed to sound adequate.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    Sassafras said:
    ICBM said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    but the fuzz face was D
    Yes, but given the tone suck from the wah and the Univibe it probably makes no difference .
    That and the 300 miles of curly cable, and he still managed to sound adequate.
    This is kind of the point isn’t it? 

It’s not about “right” or “ wrong”, or even “good” or “bad”, it’s whether it works for you, with your gear, for your music. If 80’ of cheap and nasty coily lead with a buffered pedal in the “wrong” place and a tone-sucky wah is what works then so be it...

[aside] Wasn’t the “sweet” switch on some PRS guitars originally designed for Carlos Santana to replicate the sound of a long cable so that he could get his “big stage” sound in a studio without needing an enormously long lead?
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    JayGee said:

[aside] Wasn’t the “sweet” switch on some PRS guitars originally designed for Carlos Santana to replicate the sound of a long cable so that he could get his “big stage” sound in a studio without needing an enormously long lead?
    It was because he hated the sound of his wireless, and at first solved the problem by actually having a coiled-up standard long cable taped to his guitar strap between the guitar and the wireless pack.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein