Distance Selling Regulations

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1542
    Mrs been on the phone as ASDA are still advertising offer online. Store couldnt find the manager so the Mrs asked the shop assistant on the phone to check the offer. She says Yes all the wine they took off us yesterday is on offer!.
    Thats it!!, were going in . Arranged to meet assistant who says she will see to it personally that we get our Ale!!!. 
    I wouldnt mind i wont get a sniff, its for the kids teachers and nursery assistants etc.. £50 could have bought a nice shiny pedal .
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1542
    oops should have linked this to my previous.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 528
    tFB Trader
    aord43 said:

No, IANAL (or a retailer) but as I understand it the displayed price, in store on on a web site etc. is classed as an "invitation to treat".  They are still within their rights to change their mind up to the point that the sale is done, or the order is accepted online.
    ie. online they can say no at the checkout stage, but can't do so after it's been confirmed.
    Actually online retailers can cancel a sale even after payment has been made under the "invitation to treat" proviso. Sales with incorrect prices/software glitches etc do not have to be honoured. Depending on the amount of orders and the discrepancy in the price a large retailer like Amazon may honour the sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom