Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Latest incarnation - used this last night with the intention of using the Timmy for rhythm parts, zen for leads & klone for boost but ended up using the klone & tweaking guitar volume most of the night! Magic pedal that I think lives up to the hype in a gig situation..

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k405/citizen68/37E6AE76-0633-460D-90B3-2156D662EB67.jpg
    Seemed like a good idea.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Updated main board. Not sure the Sunface is working with the current amp rig. http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af135/roscoe2911/810CC6E4-AF93-4FF5-978F-7FB9DD55E7D2_zpsghrvrfsr.jpg
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30951
    Good to see the old Music Radar forum back in a new guise. HNY, and here's my first post as a total FX head!!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    Good to see the old Music Radar forum back in a new guise. HNY, and here's my first post as a total FX head!!

Hi Gassage - this maybe my mind playing tricks on me again but I thought it was your board that had a Source Audio Orbital Modulator on it? But not there anymore? I've either got the wrong person/ board or it didn't work out?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Eric- yeah dead right. I swapped it out for the TC. The Orb Mod is a good allrounder, but the TC is better. As it happens, I am thinking of a Mobius. I miss not having a Vibe, and I'm intent on one PP2 power supply.

A new addition to my rig is the EC Twinolux. OMG! What an amp.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Oh yes! I remember that big old MXR. Mind, it's almost dwarfed by those Cornish things!
  • Gassage said:

That there Badger Schism, which effects are you blending and is it any good? How's the service from Badger? Nice board by the way!
  • Gassage said:

Wow.  

What's that mxr rack mount thing?
    edited January 2014
    PretyDamned and Even;

1. Badger- yeah really top notch unit. Using it to mix the MXR only at the moment. It has an op-amp buffer, ground lifts and stuff like that which sets it apart. Service was fabulous- the guy ran out of knobs when I ordered mine, and bless, he sent me about 25 options from RS and offered discounts (which I refused)!! I was hugely impressed. Took about 10 days to make, 10 to ship. You might look at the Wounded Paw and the Xotic as alternatives. I max out the MXR in terms of mix and level, then control the parallel mix off the Badger. Worth noting that this works best if there's a dry defeat on the delay you're using, so you only mix back the trails.

2. MXR System Delay II- it's one of the greatest delays ever made IMO. It is Gilmour's number one delay since 1980, and it's the CNumb delay unit. Edge also has one and uses it as one of his staple delays. It's very warm (and deadly accurate) for a digi unit, notoriously difficult to find a good one that works (they'll fetch c. £400-500 on the bay and then some 'creep' timewise, some just die.)  Mine was serviced by Charlie Chandler and we found some original EPROM chips for it, so it's a nice one. Anorak Corner: the guy that designed the algorythym and chips and who was a shareholder in MXR (Keith Barr) founded the Alesis Corp based soley on the technology he developed for the unit. It's NOT MIDI compatible- just pure ol Line or Instrument Level, a stomp box in a rack unit, basically. If you google the Great Delay Shoot out (Gigrig) you can here my unit and my TES against each other. I would take the MXR everytime. You can also get chorus and flange sounds using the sweep and time functions.

http://www.alesis.com/keithbarr

HNY Guys.

• Very, very cool. Nice one for keeping it in shape!
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I picked up a delay system ii locally from a guy who obviously had no idea what it was worth for £50 earlier this year and then flipped it for £300; happy days! 

Seriously great delay though i just didn't want to lug it around D:
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Right, new incarnation:

You'll notice that I've got a Pedaltrain Jr - this is because it's the only way to use the LS-2 without cables running up and over pedals, which I really don't like.

Signal path is a little different - this board is designed to plug into the effects loop return of any given amp:

Polytune Mini
    Mooer Ninety Orange
    Boo Instruments Boost
    Boss LS-2 (Loop A: AMT C2, Loop B: AMT P2)
    TC Flashback

The idea is that this gives me three channels where the amp's preamp would normally be: the P2 gives me clean and dirty rhythm, the C2 gives me lead (I tried it both ways round, but the P2 just ain't my kind of lead sound even though there's an obscene amount of gain there).

It sounds pretty damn ace, actually - I've been mucking around with it into the return of my JCA50H + Montage 1x12" cab, great fun :)

Also, those AMT pedals take a boost really well - they behave exactly as you'd expect an amp to. Bonzer.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscream;120960" said:
    Right, new incarnation:

You'll notice that I've got a Pedaltrain Jr - this is because it's the only way to use the LS-2 without cables running up and over pedals, which I really don't like.

Signal path is a little different - this board is designed to plug into the effects loop return of any given amp:

Polytune MiniMooer Ninety OrangeBoo Instruments BoostBoss LS-2 (Loop A: AMT C2, Loop B: AMT P2)TC Flashback

The idea is that this gives me three channels where the amp's preamp would normally be: the P2 gives me clean and dirty rhythm, the C2 gives me lead (I tried it both ways round, but the P2 just ain't my kind of lead sound even though there's an obscene amount of gain there).

It sounds pretty damn ace, actually - I've been mucking around with it into the return of my JCA50H + Montage 1x12" cab, great fun :)

Also, those AMT pedals take a boost really well - they behave exactly as you'd expect an amp to. Bonzer.
    Blimmin awesome setup.

If you ever get the chance to plug them into a solid state amp into the effects loop, let me know how you get on :)
  • Blimmin awesome setup.

If you ever get the chance to plug them into a solid state amp into the effects loop, let me know how you get on :)
    That's probably not going to happen in the near future...however, I'm pretty sure my dad's still got my old ADA solid state 200W power amp kicking around somewhere. It's got a pair of preamp valves in there, but I'm 90% positive they're just there for glowy showy goodness.

I'll see if I can grab hold of it :)
    <space for hire>
    Hymnal said:
    I picked up a delay system ii locally from a guy who obviously had no idea what it was worth for £50 earlier this year and then flipped it for £300; happy days! 

Seriously great delay though i just didn't want to lug it around D:
    Wow! Did you try it? It's a sweet sweet unit eh? I am considering selling mine to get a timeline

• Here's mine. I just got the Tim and used it in the studio this evening. Blew my head off; sounded amazing. image
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

Right, new incarnation:

Polytune Mini
    Mooer Ninety Orange
    Boo Instruments Boost
    Boss LS-2 (Loop A: AMT C2, Loop B: AMT P2)
    TC Flashback

@digitalscream...hey man, do you run that phase ninety into the front of your amp? how does it sound?
  • samzadgan said:
    @digitalscream...hey man, do you run that phase ninety into the front of your amp? how does it sound?
    Yup, that I do - it's a warmer, more subtle effect than putting it in the loop :)
    <space for hire>
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    samzadgan said:
    Yup, that I do - it's a warmer, more subtle effect than putting it in the loop :)
    But you still cleary hear the effect right...you still get the full sweep...just lose a lot of the high end harshness right?