Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    In two minds about micro/mini pedals as my feet are still size 11. That mini Spark is on a riser which takes almost as much room as having a regular pedal.
    Still, a whole mini board would still be neat. :-B
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Here's mine latest update:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    edited January 2014
    My latest incarnation…some tweaks…it all sounds fantastic!

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    @samzadgan How's the Quantum?
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Lew said:
    @samzadgan How's the Quantum?
    mate…if there were only words to describe it!

the man is a genius and this distortion pedal his made is hands down the best i've played…it sound fat and thick…the gain is just right even maxed out…it doesn't get ear piercing. Given that he developed this with Mike Scheidt (YOB) you can definitely hear the ROSS distortion type tones in it…and you can easily dial in YOB tones from Atma and Unreal Never lived.
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited January 2014

Gave mine a bit of a switch-eroo the other night ...

We said goodbye to an MXR Micro Chorus (gone to the bass board), and an MXR MC402 Boost/OD (gone to the spares box)

And we welcomed back the Big Muff w/Wicker, and the Micro Amp

guitar >  wah > tuner > POG > muff > Gristle King > micro amp > delay > tremolo

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• MikkiMcMurdererMikkiMcMurderer Frets: 352
    edited January 2014

The latest front board:image

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962

All of those leads would make my OCD crazy! I'd have to have the cable ties out and have everything square!
    small blue one in the corner? Just a channel switch for your amp or secret sonic weapon?
    timmysoft said:

All of those leads would make my OCD crazy! I'd have to have the cable ties out and have everything square!
    I think that may be neater than mine although mine only has 5 pedals on it! However, I just can't imagine using that live - it would take up as much floor space as I've had for a 6 peice band and I probably couldn't use anything on the back row without falling over and having accidentally switched on/off a few other pedals to get there.
    My only bit of OCD regarding pedalboards is that the tuner must be the easiest thing to get to so it would bring me out in a cold sweat looking down at that.
    All kudos to anyone who can manage that on a gig.
    \m/
  • Another mini board under construction/subject to experimentation. (The one on the left!)

I've been gigging the one on the right for quite a while now, just wanted to try some different stuff! Not sure about the fuzz face (which is a shame because that was the pedal that inspired this board) - just got an EHX Soul Food so might try that in there (shame it's not a mini but it should fit). Otherwise, this seems to work well - love the Reecho and the Pickle Vibe.

Once this is all bedded down I might combine the best bits of both (love the Cruncher and the Blues Crab, although the Soul Food probably replaces the Blues Crab)
    @downbytheriver OMG that Hot Knob is so tiny! I have a Spark mini booster and find that almost too small and that Hot Knob is small compared to that, I hadn't realised. They have that little bar to protect the knobs - is it problematic actually turning it on and off? Looks like you would need to use tip toes.
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    Been using this for quite a while now. It's everything I need if I'm honest.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • downbytheriverdownbytheriver Frets: 1055
    edited January 2014
    @downbytheriver OMG that Hot Knob is so tiny! I have a Spark mini booster and find that almost too small and that Hot Knob is small compared to that, I hadn't realised. They have that little bar to protect the knobs - is it problematic actually turning it on and off? Looks like you would need to use tip toes.
    I've never really had any problem with the switches - I'm trying to arrange them slightly further apart in the front row on this one but having them very close can be a bonus (I often want to switch the Blues Crab off and the Cruncher on at the same time - easy to step on both!)

The Hot One Blues is a great little pedal - quite surprised at how versatile. With all these mini pedals it is best if you don't want to spend a lot of time twiddling (which suits me fine).

Of all the pedals on either of these boards, apart from the fuzz face,  the only one I don't really like is the EP booster - go figure that....
    I've never really had any problem with the switches - I'm trying to arrange them slightly further apart in the front row on this one but having them very close can be a bonus (I often want to switch the Blues Crab off and the Cruncher on at the same time - easy to step on both!)

The Hot One Blues is a great little pedal - quite surprised at how versatile. With all these mini pedals it is best if you don't want to spend a lot of time twiddling (which suits me fine).

Of all the pedals on either of these boards, apart from the fuzz face,  the only one I don't really like is the EP booster - go figure that....
    I had an EP Booster and traded it for something then replaced it with the mini spark.The usual complaint about the EP booster is that it adds some compression so I thought I might be better off with a more transparent boost. Turns out that me louder isn't that great after all and I would rather have the EP back so that it can smush up my sound again.Could concievably work out a trade?   
  • timmysoft said:

I think that may be neater than mine although mine only has 5 pedals on it! However, I just can't imagine using that live - it would take up as much floor space as I've had for a 6 peice band and I probably couldn't use anything on the back row without falling over and having accidentally switched on/off a few other pedals to get there.
    My only bit of OCD regarding pedalboards is that the tuner must be the easiest thing to get to so it would bring me out in a cold sweat looking down at that.
    \m/

Thanks for the kudos! Luckily I'm 6'4" so have the leg span to reach the back. I'd love to be super neat but things swap around too much to warrant the effort.
  • timmysoft said:

\m/

Thanks for the kudos! Luckily I'm 6'4" so have the leg span to reach the back. I'd love to be super neat but things swap around too much to warrant the effort.
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    My latest board that I've put together to try with the new band next week. Just picked up the Ultimate Drive...