Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• After a slight modification with a Poly Mini and the addition of the Rufus Fuzz. The PP2+ is now powering 12 pedals (Wah is Battery powered).

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 506
    Nice board, really want a Rufus myself!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwanson said:
    Nice board, really want a Rufus myself!
    Thanks @MrSwanson

It covers quite a bit of ground on the Fuzzy front. I like the Wampler Velvet too.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    Nice board and additions J @Bellycaster! It'll get a good outing next week! :)
  • @bellycaster Nice board. How is The Scream? Can it do classic 808 sounds? Do the switches and trim pots really add anything you can't live without?
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5916
    edited January 2015
    Thanks @Kebabkid

I'll be Tap Dancing like Fred Astaire ;-)

Cheers, I've actually only ever owned one TS type pedal and the VFE is it. It is described as taking the TS808 circuit and adding tone shaping controls. I have to admit though that I have just set it to the stock TS808 setting and left it like that. That's me for you, I buy a pedal with bells and whistles and when I've played with it for an hour or two, I just stick it in one position.

It stacks quite well with the Bogner Blue and gives a very syrupy tone like that, sounds great on it's own too.

Good Vid here.

• Bellycaster;483656" said:
    Thanks @Kebabkid

I'll be Tap Dancing like Fred Astaire ;-)

@austint01

Cheers, I've actually only ever owned one TS type pedal and the VFE is it. It is described as taking the TS808 circuit and adding tone shaping controls. I have to admit though that I have just set it to the stock TS808 setting and left it like that. That's me for you, I buy a pedal with bells and whistles and when I've played with it for an hour or two, I just stick it in one position.

It stacks quite well with the Bogner Blue and gives a very syrupy tone like that, sounds great on it's own too.

Good Vid here.

Thanks. That was the core of my question. I've been looking at 808 spec pedals and liked the look of the VFE even though I know im a set and forget type user :)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Picture quality isn't great, but...

Here's the main board. No stone left unturned on this one, tone-wise!

Here's the secondary board for smaller gigs, rehearsals, home use, etc.

Jack
    @JackGriffiths how do you find the SP VS the Koji?
  • Picture quality isn't great, but...

Here's the main board. No stone left unturned on this one, tone-wise!

Here's the secondary board for smaller gigs, rehearsals, home use, etc.

Jack
    @JackGriffiths how do you find the SP VS the Koji?
    I generally prefer the Koji for what I do. The SP adds a subtle warmth that can be nice for some things but not great for others. The Koji sounds more 'studio' to me which I personally prefer. That being said, I've never really messed around with the internal dip switches on the SP that much. Both are great and remarkably similar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 383
    @JackGriffiths Is that a GigRig true-bypass looper?

• breadfan said:
    @JackGriffiths Is that a GigRig true-bypass looper?
    No, it's built by James at www.brightonion.co.uk. The big board also has one of his three-way patchbox on the left underside. Both are great products!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015 tFB Trader
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/monquixote/IMG_20150117_150843_1_zps1huytjzz.jpg

This is me at the moment, all wired via a Switch Dr. 

Currently in disarray as as the big plan was to replace the Badass with the Blue hooked up to the control switches on the Switch Dr (so it doesn't have to share a loop with the Velvet), but it turns out they are latching and the Bogner wants momentary so back to square one. 

The Flint isn't integrated with anything, but the plate verb sounds so good I can't part with it.

I'm really digging the MO-2. Puts a smile on my face whenever I use it.

@drew_fx I think you wanted a squiz at this.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Forgive my ignorance, but what expression pedal is that? They seem regular attendees on this thread? IV never bothered with one before, but have just bought one for my Meet Maude... It's the cheapo Moog one, and it's range is "off all the way to on, and nothing in between".
    tFB Trader
    GavHaus said:
    Forgive my ignorance, but what expression pedal is that? They seem regular attendees on this thread? IV never bothered with one before, but have just bought one for my Meet Maude... It's the cheapo Moog one, and it's range is "off all the way to on, and nothing in between".
    If you were looking at my post it's a CAE wah. If you mean the preceding one then it looks like an Ernie Ball volume pedal and a CAE wah.
  • Ahhh ta. That'll be wah I didn't know what it wah. Or something.
  • GavHaus said:
    Forgive my ignorance, but what expression pedal is that? They seem regular attendees on this thread? IV never bothered with one before, but have just bought one for my Meet Maude... It's the cheapo Moog one, and it's range is "off all the way to on, and nothing in between".
    I will PM you, I thought the same as well
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • After a slight modification with a Poly Mini and the addition of the Rufus Fuzz. The PP2+ is now powering 12 pedals (Wah is Battery powered).

great board dude

• GavHaus said:
    Annoying power supplies aside, the refit is done! I present, "The Mothership":

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff193/guitarsforminnaars/Mobile Uploads/0BBA9243-FC9E-45CD-9BE3-799790A6D5E4.jpg
    Christ, that's cool. 

Is that an Ibanez Lo Fi I see, too?! They're awesome, I've been sort of after one, if it went cheaply, but people are starting to pick up on them...
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    @gavhaus That is amazingly done. Any interest in the holy grail of all pedals, the classic Behringer UT-100 to complete the set?
    Stop crying, start buying