Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• BradBrad Frets: 700
    edited February 2015
    Here is my main board...

And here is my grab n' go board I've slowly been putting together - complete with @guitarpolo's Blue Note (that really was a moment of madness dude!). Looking to fill that last space with an envelope filter perhaps...

Might look into swapping things around between the boards in the future. But I want to use the small board in anger first.   
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Loving the pink Fuzz Factory!
    It's a special edition sparkly one :D. I had an original stripboard green one, but I couldn't resist this one too - it's a later PCB one though. I sold the green one to a friend, which was probably a mistake because I do think it sounded marginally better - it was a bit 'chewier' and fatter-sounding. Not a lot in it, might even be my imagination, but you know how these things are…

I also fitted a miniature LED in the 'eye' graphic between the Drive and Stab controls, which I thought was vey clever - it looks like it's meant to be there :). You can't be doing without an LED on a Fuzz Factory you gig with ;)… because it doesn't sound like it's on until you roll the guitar volume up :-O.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Brad said:
    Here is my main board...

And here is my grab n' go board I've slowly been putting together - complete with @guitarpolo's Blue Note (that really was a moment of madness dude!). Looking to fill that last space with an envelope filter perhaps...

Might look into swapping things around between the boards in the future. But I want to use the small board in anger first.   
    :-) You're not wrong @Brad!
    Nice pedals you have there - how does the Guthrie Trapp compare to the Blue Note?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Loving the pink Fuzz Factory!
    It's a special edition sparkly one :D. I had an original stripboard green one, but I couldn't resist this one too - it's a later PCB one though. I sold the green one to a friend, which was probably a mistake because I do think it sounded marginally better - it was a bit 'chewier' and fatter-sounding. Not a lot in it, might even be my imagination, but you know how these things are…

I also fitted a miniature LED in the 'eye' graphic between the Drive and Stab controls, which I thought was vey clever - it looks like it's meant to be there :). You can't be doing without an LED on a Fuzz Factory you gig with ;)… because it doesn't sound like it's on until you roll the guitar volume up :-O.

Pink is a strong look!
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited February 2015
    A bit of a mix around tonight. Les Luis and Dirty Little Secret back on the board. Full size TC Spark is pre-dirt to act as a boost to single coils compared to humbuckers....and the mini TC Spark is post-gain for a solo boost. This will be running into the clean channel of my Hot Rod Deluxe. http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj563/not_the_dj/8ACE40FA-53C8-4DDD-8199-821A34E56BB1_zpssm9p7kpk.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 700
    :-) You're not wrong @Brad!
    Nice pedals you have there - how does the Guthrie Trapp compare to the Blue Note?
    Thanks @guitarpolo! I've not had a great deal of time to play them but the Guthrie Trapp is quite a different thing to the Blue Note. A lot more gain and more aggressive whereas the Blue Note feels smoother and warmer. I'll be gigging them at the weekend so i'll report back!  
  • This is my spare board which I am currently selling.  £200 delivered for a quick sale.

PPG OK?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A bit of a mix around tonight. Les Luis and Dirty Little Secret back on the board. Full size TC Spark is pre-dirt to act as a boost to single coils compared to humbuckers....and the mini TC Spark is post-gain for a solo boost. This will be running into the clean channel of my Hot Rod Deluxe. http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj563/not_the_dj/8ACE40FA-53C8-4DDD-8199-821A34E56BB1_zpssm9p7kpk.jpg

taken the HOF off so, presumably, using the reverb on the HRD? Interesting to see the Les Lius into a Fender amp - how does that work out? Is it too Fendery now ? :ar!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited February 2015
    taken the HOF off so, presumably, using the reverb on the HRD? Interesting to see the Les Lius into a Fender amp - how does that work out? Is it too Fendery now ? :ar!
    Surely double Fendery is a good thing ;-)

I've yet to plug this into the HRD, just my Yamaha THR10...from that it sounded great, all the options I need for the covers band.

Really the reason the Les Luis is back on the gigging board is that it's been sat in it's box for a while and it just wanted to come out and play again!

I'm also going back to a simpler "all up front no FX loop" set-up. This order was put togther based on just using the HRD clean.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    Thanks to @nickb_boy :p it seems I will have a 2nd smaller board on the way ! lol
  • I may have to do a revised "after hours" shot since the new Fairfields came in; the lights on those things are great; so bright they regularly land planes.
  • RaymondLin;533932" said:
    Thanks to @nickb_boy :p it seems I will have a 2nd smaller board on the way ! lol
    Is the original too heavy to take to gigs? It is pretty massively massive.

I'm pretty near my full board now, and it'll look awesome. I might need to send a few off to be modded (I want the Led's to colour match the pedals... It's a practicality thing). But other than that, I will be selling one pedal and buying three more in - overdrive out, reverb, overdrive and envelope filter in.
    RaymondLin;533932" said:
    Is the original too heavy to take to gigs? It is pretty massively massive.

I'm pretty near my full board now, and it'll look awesome. I might need to send a few off to be modded (I want the Led's to colour match the pedals... It's a practicality thing). But other than that, I will be selling one pedal and buying three more in - overdrive out, reverb, overdrive and envelope filter in.

It's pretty heavy, period lol  It is not a gigging board really, both size wise and too many options.  I love it for home fiddle but impractical out in the real world.  It only ever left the house once and it was a mission just to get it into the car.

Also, when I was putting it together, if you recall, I had a Cioks Pussy Power, I bought that before buying all the pedals.  Silly move as I ended up needing more power so had to get the Ciokolate, which means the Pussy Power has been back in its box since.  I also have the following pedals doing nothing.

Scarab Deluxe, Bufferlo, Klone, Panther Cub, Icarus, Decimator. 

I pretty much have a functional board sitting around (just lacking a tuner really), with a PSU as well.  So the only thing missing is a board to velcro it all down to.  Then nick gave me a heads up on a Salvage flatboard instock, no waiting this time round and it was my birthday also that day, I jumped on it.

18x13" board, pretty much perfect size for what I had in mind and I think I have room for a reverb pedal too which i am now looking into.

• GavHaus said:
    I may have to do a revised "after hours" shot since the new Fairfields came in; the lights on those things are great; so bright they regularly land planes.
    The light on the bondi is so bright! you could use it as a lamp! 
  • More than everything I need here; amazing fuzz, amazing boost, an "83 sd9 to go a bit gainier. And a line 6 M13 for all else, settings i use are delays reverbs, tremolos, comps, eqs, and a massive synth sound for when I wanna annoy the parents.
    on a PT1, powered by a voodoo labs pedal power plus 2. Kolts patch cables, and running it in the 4cm. 
    All of it possibly bar the booster is not needed, I could happily just run a guitar into a single channel amp, and then boost for solos and use volume for everything else.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • Time for an update, I am really happy with this lot, very pleased indeed

http://imageshack.us/a/img903/4914/6edX5Q.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Is it just me or does preston61's Cornish pedal look a little lonely?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    preston61 said:
    Time for an update, I am really happy with this lot, very pleased indeed

http://imageshack.us/a/img903/4914/6edX5Q.jpg

Wow Alan, that's a cracking balanced board you have there mate !
    Branshen said:
    Is it just me or does preston61's Cornish pedal look a little lonely?

Looks to be in good company to me, look at the size of his cousins! Still shocked how big they are and that's a small Cornish relatively speaking, and still doubles the size of a Flint.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom