Show us yours

What's Hot

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2043

Here is the current 'Sons of Toot' group-shot. 

Left to right they are: 1) 1980 Yamaha SG1000.  2) mid-90's Washburn MG401 (I think) - a bloody great guitar at the price, previously owned by a few other forumites.  3) 200X MIJ Tokai LS85 or 90 (?) - sodding heavy but my main squeeze ATM.  4) The TootCaster homebrew Tele - 2-piece swamp ash, with Mighty Mite neck and BKP Yardbirds - needs some setting up still but not a bad first effort.  5) 2009 USA Deluxe Strat in Olympic Pearl - took me a while to love it but I do. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket said:
    @dean2371 - do you have enough Strats? :D

And @UnclePsychosis, that blue Yamaha bass is stunning!
    Cheers dude :) 

Its really hard to photograph, it looks different under every different set of lights. Those outdoor shots really do look nice though. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10771
    bigjon said:
    viz said:
    Who do you use for the setup BJ?
    One of the chaps at Millers / Ken Stevens - usually either Pete or Keith

bigjon said:
    viz said:
    Who do you use for the setup BJ?
    One of the chaps at Millers / Ken Stevens - usually either Pete or Keith

Ah cool
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • vizviz Frets: 10771
    n3p said:
    viz;11114" said:
    Please could I have the one on the left? Thanks.

That depends... how lithesome are you? :)

A certain amount.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited August 2013
    This may be me being boring, but can I just suggest that anyone posting photos of their guitars ensures that their photo doesn't contain any geo-tagging info.  Otherwise the forum could effectively become a catalogue of 'where to find' for would-be thieves.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3020
    McToot;11733" said:
    Here is the current 'Sons of Toot' group-shot.  Left to right they are: 1) 1980 Yamaha SG1000.  2) mid-90's Washburn MG401 (I think) - a bloody great guitar at the price, previously owned by a few other forumites.  3) 200X MIJ Tokai LS85 or 90 (?) - sodding heavy but my main squeeze ATM.  4) The TootCaster homebrew Tele - 2-piece swamp ash, with Mighty Mite neck and BKP Yardbirds - needs some setting up still but not a bad first effort.  5) 2009 USA Deluxe Strat in Olympic Pearl - took me a while to love it but I do. 
    Oh look ! Another one of my old guitars that I regret (really regret in this instance) selling.. Can you 'Facepalm' yourself ? :-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    This may be me being boring, but can I just suggest that anyone posting photos of their guitars ensures that their photo doesn't contain any geo-tagging info.  Otherwise the forum could effectively become a catalogue of 'where to find' for would-be thieves.
    @random handclaps Geo-tagging!?  Wassat then and how does one know whether the pic has it in it, innit?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Joe_EasyJoe_Easy Frets: 19
    This is the selection of my modest collection which actually get any use.  The Washburn HB35 is actually bloody stunning, which was a complete surprise...picked it up super cheap, and really glad I did.  The Epi Les Paul is my first ever guitar which I've owned for about 22 years!  Tele is a Baja, and I love it.  Looking at adding either a Fender Start (Roadhouse or Lone Star), purely for the tone, or a Jazzmaster...well, ultimately both, but can't decide which comes first!  Top amp is a HRDlx MkIII, bottom is a Randall RM50 with Blackface and Plexi modules.

I also have a practically brand new Washburn N2 which I'm looking to re-home if anyone is interested?  Send me a PM if you are!

• "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • JadedJaded Frets: 127
    edited August 2013

All my Jaguars. I finally got a Cobain Jag and it's pretty much the only thing I play now, it's a nice weight (lighter than all my other Jaguars thanks to the more extensive routing) and I'm actually really enjoying the humbuckers. That said I'm still not 100% sold on the Super Distortion, was thinking about putting my set of TVJones Classics in there or just a Dimarzio Super 2 in the bridge. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    imageimage

imageimage

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Likin that 2 tone Tele dude.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    Jaded said:

All my Jaguars. I finally got a Cobain Jag and it's pretty much the only thing I play now, it's a nice weight (lighter than all my other Jaguars thanks to the more extensive routing) and I'm actually really enjoying the humbuckers. That said I'm still not 100% sold on the Super Distortion, was thinking about putting my set of TVJones Classics in there or just a Dimarzio Super 2 in the bridge. 
    Good man, finally a volume of offsets. Loving the jags. I will have to post some of mine up
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Updated family shot. Top to bottom it's:

Gibson The Paul
    Gibson Les Paul Junior
    Gibson Les Paul Smartwood Exotic
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
    Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
    Fender FSR MIM HSS Stratocaster

• Here's mine from a little while ago... the Sheraton has gone to a new owner and the pedalboard has been completely redone but everything else is current!

• strat4mustangstrat4mustang Frets: 10
    edited September 2013
    imageOnly got good photos of one of mine at the moment, and old MR users will have seen this already, but here's my no1. Gibson SG with Bigsby B7 and Creamery 57s. Also got a roller bridge and grover tuners
    Errr... on a side note, can anyone give me some help as to how to post pics? ^^This used to work for me but seems to not be doing it now
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    Errr... on a side note, can anyone give me some help as to how to post pics? ^^This used to work for me but seems to not be doing it now

Copy the direct link to the insert picture icon at the top of the space
  • Dingwall ABZ5:

Yamaha Attitude 3:

Fender 1962 Re-issue Precision:

Marleaux Consat Custom:

Zon 'Michael Manring' Hyperbass:

Zon Sonus:

Status-Graphite Energy:

Parker Nite-fly-M:

Fender American Standard Strat:

Current amp rig

Genz-Benz Shuttle 9.2
    Genz-Benz Streamliner 900
    Pair of Bergantino HD112

(Pedal board not up to date)

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3558/61v3.jpg
    1990s Japanese Jazzmaster, 1967 Jazz Bass, new Squire VI and a weird bastard Fender Jazzmaster (Fender hardware, but effectively a Hodson) P90s sound wonderful and are very powerful -I love it.
    Thought another set of offsets needed posting here.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here's mine

Back row - Audition (Teisco) short scale, Squier '51, Squier Bronco Bass, Shergold Meteor, Partscaster
    Front Row - Almeria classical, Yamaha CPX10, Charvel 375 Deluxe, Charvel Spectrum, Washburn X200pro

and then I got these two this year, a Westbury Standard, which is turning out to be a bit of a cracker...

and a Hondo strat which has had a lot of cleanup work done since this photo was taken. Plays pretty well now.