123457»

Comments

• GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    Gulliver said:
    Gadget said:
    Gulliver said:
    Neunaber WET/Expanse series

Couldn't get a decent sound out of it.
    Colour me surprised. I can't stop getting great sound out of it.
    I don't really play stuff that needed the shimmer verb - so messed with loading different effects in and didn't really like any of them. The choruses sounded thin and weak, the delays were OK but nothing special.

Maybe I just need simple, analog effects for my simple analog brain!!
    Fair enough.

I've mainly tried the modulations and reverb, but not the delay.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alvin said:
    ^ this!
    Yes , i had a G System and i tolerated it for two weeks  , i managed to get some nice ambient sounds out of it eventually but it had to be the most over complicated bit of kit ever and it is well known how poor the (TC) user manual is  . A shame as they are seriously well built but only safe to use if you have a good supply of paracetamol at the ready .  There is nothing intuitive about these , it is shocking how badly TC messed up with the manuals .
    simonk said:

Ahh, the mighty G... bloody complicated and bloody heavy! And where’s the bloody manual?? It’s capable of some good sounds though, to be fair.

“Bloody heavy” is being kind - this thing weighed a tonne! They had a promo video of a tank running over it without destroying it and i’m pretty sure sure the tank came off worse.

Positives - I liked the tremolo effect. Also managed to program a very convincing “Black Hole Sun” patch. Some of the presets were cool if you’re after that super 80’s “Is This Love - Whitesnake” vibe - clean clean delays with nice compression and reverb. It looked awesome too.

They originally put terrible buffers in it (although reportedly improved in later models). I ended up buying an RJM amp gizmo just so I could bypass the unit whenever possible. 

It’s amazing how T.C. managed to get these so wrong (they’re still making them too!). Their single pedals are so good, if they were to scrap the G System and put out a new multi-fx with those sounds in then I’d be in. It would present serious competition for Helix etc (even a lot of Helix owners are having to use the Sub N Up for pitch-shifting duties and the reverbs and delays in the HOF and Flashback are industry standard).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom