Discovery Sport or Jaguar F Pace

What's Hot
Anyone got either....?

Any good?.....Ive had the Freelander 2 HSE for 5 years, looking for a change.

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6927
    I know someone who’s had both in the last few months and currently got the Disco. The F Pace was returned because it had too many issues including panel allignment which is disgusting for a brand new car. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2489
    edited January 2018
    Disco is a fair bit cheaper, still very nice inside, and has the option of 7 seats

I presume the engine is identical in both.
    Go for a newer 2 litre, not the older 2.2
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31087
    Land Rover.

The Jaaag is too 'new money'.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3087
    It may be too new money, but it is a lovely car. Father in Law was considering one so I went with him to the local Jag dealer and loved it. The discovery I here is one of the dirtiest diesel cars on the road, so may want to take that into consideration for depreciation etc
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29048
    Disco Sport is still on the creaky old Freelancer platform, so very heavy, hence slow and thirsty.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    My brother ordered a new F Pace early last summer.... he still hasn't got it. Delivery has been delayed several times and is now due at the end of Feb I think. They have added a load of extras as an apology though but 8 months is a long time to wait imo 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Budgie said:
    My brother ordered a new F Pace early last summer.... he still hasn't got it. Delivery has been delayed several times and is now due at the end of Feb I think. They have added a load of extras as an apology though but 8 months is a long time to wait imo 
    wow, shocking wait time!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    Mmm....depreciation isn't a issue in my situation, have to say that the Freelander has been good, especially in the recent bad weather, not sure how the Jag would have coped.

The Discovery seems to have generally better reviews that the Jag...best try both !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16267
    Gassage said:
    Land Rover.

The Jaaag is too 'new money'.
    Don't listen to such snobbery
    Better Nouveau Riche than Never Riche
    If you are a farmer or live down a track in the middle of the Pennines get the Disco
    If you may get the odd bit of snow, use the odd country lane get the Jag
    The jag is smoother, less cumbersome and more stylish .....it's a much nicer drive and looks a lot less boxy
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    I honestly wouldn’t consider either. I know a few people with either one or the other and they all seem to have problems. Shame really, as they are otherwise nice. Better quality with the usual suspects (German) or if you feel a bit adventurous go for either Volvo or Skoda.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I'd rather a Kodiak or Ateca or, possibly, a Stelvio.
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 928
    Yup, Skoda Kodiak
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4757
    Macan
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    Sporky said:
    Wash your mouth out with soap young man!

and I say that as a ture Alfisti :(
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16267
    rlw said:
    Macan
    great vehicle but a bit girly
  • SSanyong Rexton just been voted best 4x4 for 2018 by 4x4 magazine, http://4x4i.com/4x4-of-the-year-awards-ssangyong-rexton-wins-main-gong/ ; having a love hate relationship with my Kyron but would buy another Subaru Forester in a heart beat if funds were available!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    FX_Munkee said:
    Sporky said:
    Wash your mouth out with soap young man!

and I say that as a ture Alfisti :(
    Too reliable? ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    If you've got the budget, I'd ditch both and get a BMW X3. Or possible a 3 series GT with XDrive? X4?

Disco - check its got the new infotainment system. I had a Range Rover Sport for a couple of months (courtesy car, 64 reg) and whilst the system sounded ace, it was archaic and shite in terms of useability. To the point where it was dangerously crap - slow and unresponsive, so bad it was distracting. The Disco Sport is a bit dull too, a bit school run and fleece. The F Pace is interesting IMO. There's a lot about too, and you wouldn't be getting a first gen model (no bad thing), if new, so less chance of faults etc. The F Pace looks a reet beast as well, with that big grill. Loads of good tech in them as well. Drive well.

Skodas? Seats? Yawn city, you only live once and both those make dull boring cars.

Off road - I've had quite a few 4x4s over the years, and unless you live in the sticks or Scotland, the off road ability is meaningless. Given that we hardly get any snow, and when we do, its only a couple of days, I wouldn't worry about it. I had a Nissan X trail, 2.5 petrol - really good off road, but rough as hell on road. Didn't last long.

Jeep Grand Cherokee - kept it 4 years. Unstoppable off road, like a barge on road, dull but comfortable, and laughably thirsty.

Since then, I'm on my 3rd BMW 4WD (all X6s), and tbh I can't fault them in any department. I like the XDrive system for its onroad drive, not bothered about what it's like off, as I don't need to do it. Latest one is the M50D, and its ludicrously fast, but I love it. Not particularly good in the recent snow, better than a standard car, but not as good as Landrovers or Jeeps. Besides, they all skid downhill no matter what.

So, all depends on what you need the car for and where you live really (in respec of off road ability), IMO.

Nice choice to have though :)

• ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Why go for either?

BMW 530d or 520d touring - if you want something big, fun with 4wd
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27618
    Snap said:

Since then, I'm on my 3rd BMW 4WD (all X6s), and tbh I can't fault them in any department.  

So you've never seen one from the outside? ;) :P 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom