Discovery Sport or Jaguar F Pace

What's Hot

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    Snap said:

Since then, I'm on my 3rd BMW 4WD (all X6s), and tbh I can't fault them in any department.  

So you've never seen one from the outside? ;) :P 
    lmao! Yeah, I know plenty think they are a real eyesore, but the look of them was what first drew me in. LIke some massive beast of a thing. The drive is unbelievable though: very clever tech, it handles like a coupe. Amazing handling. BIt weird at first, but great all the same.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27618
    Snap said:
    Snap said:

Since then, I'm on my 3rd BMW 4WD (all X6s), and tbh I can't fault them in any department.  

So you've never seen one from the outside? ;) :P 
    lmao! Yeah, I know plenty think they are a real eyesore, but the look of them was what first drew me in. LIke some massive beast of a thing. The drive is unbelievable though: very clever tech, it handles like a coupe. Amazing handling. BIt weird at first, but great all the same.
     I must admit I'm slightly biased as those (and Audi Q5/7s) are owned by universally terrible drivers out here. I'm sure they're a good car once you're inside though
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Chelsea tractors

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Chelsea tractors
    so what though?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29048
    Snap said:

Skodas? Seats? Yawn city, you only live once and both those make dull boring cars.

Thanks Jasper.

Thing is, pretty much everyone who reviews cars for a living disagrees with you there - plus you just suggested the coma-inducing X3!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • supessupes Frets: 185
    @spark240 - I’m more intersested in how you’ve found your Freelander 2. Just looking at buying one now, few years old. Anything to look out for? Any reason you wouldn’t buy another?
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4951
    Looks as if JLR might have made the decision for you - reducing production of Disco Sport as of Q2 this year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42779699

• I bought a Discovery Sport last year, fully aware of the potential hassles with Diesel.  I am expecting this to be the last diesel car I ever buy. JLR are developing a petrol hybrid.
    The Discovery has been a great family car, plenty of room, feels safe. 
    If you are concerned about reliability, JLR are much the same as any of the German cars and some of those are surprisingly bad compared to Korean and Japanese manufacturers
    When I was doing my research the big KIA and HYUNDAI consistently came out on top.
    edited January 2018
    Sporky said:
    Snap said:

Skodas? Seats? Yawn city, you only live once and both those make dull boring cars.

Thanks Jasper.

Thing is, pretty much everyone who reviews cars for a living disagrees with you there - plus you just suggested the coma-inducing X3!
    Jasper!! brilliant.

Reviews for a living  - c'mon, its all supported by advertising and sponsorship. I take most reviews of most things with a pinch of salt. I wouldn't pick a car based on reviews, and I bet you woudn't either. You'd trust your own nous and test them out yourself.

Besides, there are very few rubbish new cars, the differences between them are small and often down to personal preference. Also, so many of them are built on the same platform, again making real world differences marginal.

or VWs too. No question that they are good cars, but they just leave me a bit bored. I had a Seat Leon for a bit. Yep, it was well built, everything worked, but it was just bland. As someone who likes4WD cars, the ones that all these brands make are just (IMO) average - not really that interesting, don't look good. Do everything well enough, but given a choice I'd always have a go at something a bit different. Hence my punt for the F Pace.
  • I’d agree, the motoring press are worse than Guitarist for useless reviews and recommendations. They’ve spent the last decade telling almost everyone to buy diesels, for which they deserve nothing but contempt :)

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4212
    The 4x4 contingent at my workplace have plumped for Volvo XC90’s and have absolutely no regrets at all
    the new XC90 is supposed to be very good. Big, plush, lots of kit, and a good hybrid too.
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    I’d agree, the motoring press are worse than Guitarist for useless reviews and recommendations. They’ve spent the last decade telling almost everyone to buy diesels, for which they deserve nothing but contempt :)

Fake news! ;)   I think the Government deserves the contempt on this, not the press.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16267
    Stop pussying around and commit to the full-fat Bentayga with all the options ............
    Ideally,get a black one and you too can pretend that you are a London Black cab from a distance !
         Driving through North London this morning I have seen at least 8 or 10 on the road .......Wow, do people really have such little regard for what represents value for money .......they don't even look good
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1014
    Dominic said:
    Stop pussying around and commit to the full-fat Bentayga with all the options ............
    Ideally,get a black one and you too can pretend that you are a London Black cab from a distance !
         Driving through North London this morning I have seen at least 8 or 10 on the road .......Wow, do people really have such little regard for what represents value for money .......they don't even look good
    The interiors do look lovely though.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    sweepy said:
    The 4x4 contingent at my workplace have plumped for Volvo XC90’s and have absolutely no regrets at all
    Nice but a little too expensive....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    @spark240 - new XC60 then? Looks nice. Dunno if they have the hybrid engine, but the T8 on the XC90 is a bit of a beast.

@Dominic

Yeah, Bentaygas - so ugly. Not keen on the Levante either. I think Alfa are doing/have done an interesting looking big SUV. Recently saw pics of Lambo's big SUV.  Very nice. Mad pricey, but v cool looking.

Enough of this nonsense. What we all need is a Vauxhall Frontera 2.2 D.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12505
    I bought a Discovery Sport last year, fully aware of the potential hassles with Diesel.  I am expecting this to be the last diesel car I ever buy. JLR are developing a petrol hybrid.
    The Discovery has been a great family car, plenty of room, feels safe. 
    If you are concerned about reliability, JLR are much the same as any of the German cars and some of those are surprisingly bad compared to Korean and Japanese manufacturers
    When I was doing my research the big KIA and HYUNDAI consistently came out on top.
    I got a sportage brand new as a 3 year lease car last year, got a lot further up the spec than I would with the BMW x1 which was too small or the Tiguan and I was just a little bored of VWs, sportage is absolutely great all leathers, sat nav, DAB apple radio sliding glass roof, 2.0 diesel auto is fast enough, lovely to drive big boot.

Main sellers for me was more leg room in the rear than Mazda CX5, Nissan Xtrail, Renault whatever that thing is and Ateca's and USB points in the rear for chargers.

Only downside is not pretty MPG as AWD auto but otherwise really enjoying driving it.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4757
    Girly?

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    I’d agree, the motoring press are worse than Guitarist for useless reviews and recommendations. They’ve spent the last decade telling almost everyone to buy diesels, for which they deserve nothing but contempt :)

Probably it’s because that’s all what the manufacturers give them to test.