Discovery Sport or Jaguar F Pace

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    munckee said:
    I bought a Discovery Sport last year, fully aware of the potential hassles with Diesel.  I am expecting this to be the last diesel car I ever buy. JLR are developing a petrol hybrid.
    The Discovery has been a great family car, plenty of room, feels safe. 
    If you are concerned about reliability, JLR are much the same as any of the German cars and some of those are surprisingly bad compared to Korean and Japanese manufacturers
    When I was doing my research the big KIA and HYUNDAI consistently came out on top.
    I got a sportage brand new as a 3 year lease car last year, got a lot further up the spec than I would with the BMW x1 which was too small or the Tiguan and I was just a little bored of VWs, sportage is absolutely great all leathers, sat nav, DAB apple radio sliding glass roof, 2.0 diesel auto is fast enough, lovely to drive big boot.

Main sellers for me was more leg room in the rear than Mazda CX5, Nissan Xtrail, Renault whatever that thing is and Ateca's and USB points in the rear for chargers.

Only downside is not pretty MPG as AWD auto but otherwise really enjoying driving it.
    Mmm....we had 2 Kia's at work and both suffered a horrible death...dreadful customer service, and zero resale value.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3446
    edited January 2018
    rlw said:
    Girly?

It’s not particularly butch looking, is it? Kind of like a friendly little frog. Older brother to a Juke, maybe? Or perhaps the illicit love child of a VW Beetle and Tiguan?

its at least not as howfing as the bigger version, whatever it’s called. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29048
    Dominic said:
    Stop pussying around and commit to the full-fat Bentayga with all the options ............
    Ideally,get a black one and you too can pretend that you are a London Black cab from a distance !
    Try hailing one.

No, really. It's very funny. They get so angry.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    This thread is of interest as we are thinking of renewing our car, probably for an "Urban SUV" but none of them really grab me. 

Macan looks nice but not sure I want spend that much.

Alfa is interesting but I feel like I'd want something less lunatic than the Quadrofoglio but spicier than the base model.  

My wife likes the look of the Merc GLC. Anybody have thoughts on those?
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    GLC - nice cars, but I don't like the Merc interior, prefer the BMW style. Dunno, too many circles in the Merc, could be it. Good cars though, especially the more powerful ones. Not sure the quality is as good as BM. I had a GL (the big one) for a few days - crap really. BLand drive. Took it all over the place, just left me feeling a bit "meh". All very nice, but not particularly engaging to drive. The GLC will be better though.

I had a look at a Macan - my view was, save your money and buy a Q5. They are quite small, something not quite right about them. The Cayenne isn't that big either.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    At that level I'd be looking at the new XC90 personally.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    thanks @Snap. Haven't seen the new Cayenne but I thought the old one was ugly. Q5 I find uninspiring. 

@FX_Munkee - agree Volvo merits looking at. 

My heart still says Alfa though......
    jellyroll said:
    thanks @Snap. Haven't seen the new Cayenne but I thought the old one was ugly. Q5 I find uninspiring. 

As an ex-Alfa owner and genuine lover of (most things) Alfa. I'd say you should get the Volvo.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    @jellyroll

Lexus NX?
    edited January 2018
    jellyroll said:
    Alfa is interesting but I feel like I'd want something less lunatic than the Quadrofoglio but spicier than the base model.  
    There's a 280PS version that look reasonably perky.

For some reason a lot of Alfa fans don't like the Giulia and Stelvio even though they're obviously the best cars AR have made in many decades.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Snap said:
    @jellyroll

Lexus NX?
    Too pointy
    FX_Munkee said:
    jellyroll said:

As an ex-Alfa owner and genuine lover of (most things) Alfa. I'd say you should get the Volvo.
    As an ex-Alfa owner myself, you're probably right. I've had two Alfas, the pretty-but-slow late 90s Spider and my favourite ever car - the apparently dull but beautiful to drive 155. I still have dreams about the handling of that car. True story - I gave the car away to my postman. 
    Sporky said:
    jellyroll said:

For some reason a lot of Alfa fans don't like the Giulia and Stelvio even though they're obviously the best cars AR have made in many decades.
    Oooh I hadn't seen that one. Not sure why the hate for these models. The Giulia has had good reviews. There's a part of me that thinks "fuck it I'm gomnna get the Giulia/Stelvio Quadrofoglio" I know stats aren't everything but an SUV doing 0-60 in 3.8 secs....
    Sporky said:
    jellyroll said:

I like the Giulia, it's the Stelvio I have an issue with. It's just... wrong, like that horrendous Bentley SUV thing. Alfa and SUV shouldn't be 2 words in the same sentence.
    FX_Munkee said:

Alfa and SUV shouldn't be 2 words in the same sentence.
    It's not 1970 any more - get over it. ;)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Sporky said:
    FX_Munkee said:

Alfa and SUV shouldn't be 2 words in the same sentence.
    It's not 1970 any more - get over it. ;)
    I've no problem with Alfa making an SUV, but the Stelvio doesn't really sit well with me - the styling is wrong. It has a massive bulbous arse, which I know means a big boot but it looks pretty weird from some angles.

The Giulia looks great though, and if I was in that market I'd have one over a 3 Series or an A4.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    The quadrifoglio, wow, that's a beast isn't it?