Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

End of relationship.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• The relationship thing has been covered but I'd say don't ever give up your life for work, unless it's something you want to do beyond everything else in life. It's never worth losing out on life 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The relationship thing has been covered but I'd say don't ever give up your life for work, unless it's something you want to do beyond everything else in life. It's never worth losing out on life 
    I'm trying not to.

I work with people with autism, various learning disabilities etc - so it's quite demanding mentally and can be quite challenging when it comes to working hours and such. At the moment at work it's really difficult as well as one of our clients has just been diagnosed with brain tumor. May not even survive the op. 
    Whereas I've been advised to stay busy and keep my mind occupied so I won't have too much time to worry about my relationship work has been a grim distraction unfortunately.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Sorry to hear the news mate - I went through a similar stage about 7 years ago; was with a girl for about 7 years, moved in together and actually had a mortgage. Gave up playing guitar for all that time as well. Relationship fell apart after I found her OD'd in our bathroom, which was a nice surprise.

However, the time to myself allowed me to get back into guitar playing and really channel my energy into it. I'm now in a relationship with a superb woman, living together, and am in 2 bands - and love playing the guitar (which the mrs also loves me doing as well).

Chin up - it's a crappy time to start with, but I promise you things will get better - just focus on YOU and what YOU want from your life at this stage.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • My sympathies for anyone going through a break up. I'll have been married 24 years in May and this is the only 'serious' relationship I've ever had so I've no advice whatsoever.*
    Even in my fantasies about the senior admin woman at work MrsTheWeary has died in a tragic but painless accident rather than us breaking up. But I remember the heartbreak from various women saying 'let's just be friends' after a few months so if I multiplied that hurt a few times it must be a bad time. 
    Hope it all works out for everyone. 

* Maybe I'm just still in it because I don't know any better! 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • When a door closes a cat flap opens.........get a cat.
    If you can read this then my time machine works.

My feedback thread is here.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57602/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    My sympathies for anyone going through a break up. I'll have been married 24 years in May and this is the only 'serious' relationship I've ever had so I've no advice whatsoever.*
    Even in my fantasies about the senior admin woman at work MrsTheWeary has died in a tragic but painless accident rather than us breaking up. But I remember the heartbreak from various women saying 'let's just be friends' after a few months so if I multiplied that hurt a few times it must be a bad time. 

Omg! I could have written the same thing, almost word for word!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    usedtobe said:
    My sympathies for anyone going through a break up. I'll have been married 24 years in May and this is the only 'serious' relationship I've ever had so I've no advice whatsoever.*

....MrsTheWeary?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    The gist of it was the same. I’ve never imagined Mrsthe weary’s untimely demise, honestly..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

We do have a cat actually. 
    This will be a difficult one as she brought the cat so technically it's hers. 

• FarleyUK said:
    usedtobe said:

....MrsTheWeary?

I've given a LOL but damn beaten to it really :anguished: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 176
    Plenty more fish..
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    As my Dad always says:

”One door shuts, another one slams in your face”.

Absolutely no help whatsoever, cheers Dad.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    I was in a relationship for 7 years and then it ended amicably. We had no kids or mortgage and werent married. It was sad but then after a while i realised that we had been doomed anyway, and I actually kicked myself for not splitting up earlier coz really we were flogging a dead horse. I then had fun trying to hump everything in sight before meeting and marrying my missis. 

I hope you get through this OK. 
  • Constantly amazed at the number of people
    Who think being in a relationship is something worth aspiring to.

Yeah it can be nice, but there is so much life out there. Go find it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Constantly amazed at the number of people

I agree with you that life can have a lot to offer and being in total and independent control of it sounds great. 
    It's just that at the end of the day I wouldn't want to come back to empty home and things I enjoy - I would like to share with someone close to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    I hope that it will all work out ok in the end & dare I say it, you will probably be happier.  It might not work for you, but I find thinking selfishly & then writing out a list of what I really want helps and gives me something to work/look forward to.  Getting it down on a ‘piece of paper instead of jumbled up in my head seems to focus me more.

I've heard that the splitup can be amicable regarding the house, the car, the kids, the record collection etc ... and then gets really acrimonious over the subject of who gets custody of the cat.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    edited February 2018
    Clashman said:
    Plenty more fish..
    Hes just lost two pussys! doubt a fish will cut it!

Get back out there mate and enjoy yourself. Your at the ideal age for the womens. Your  a Rock Star!  an Italian Stallion!  Your Rocky The Rockstar. Time and Tide waits for no man.
    Good luck  chin up.
  • My advice is to not leave the dating thing too long.

After more than 10 years since separating I could no more go on a date than fly. The whole caper is well and truly over for me now. Not an outcome I’d recommend to anyone.....
    You can drink what you like when you like. You choose the music on your stereo. Takeaways for 1 are usually half the price of takeaways for 2. What's not to like?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I've heard that the splitup can be amicable regarding the house, the car, the kids, the record collection etc ... and then gets really acrimonious over the subject of who gets custody of the cat.
    Yeah, I mean who wants a fucking cat in their life.
    You have it
    no you.
    etc.

Constantly amazed at the number of people

I agree with you that life can have a lot to offer and being in total and independent control of it sounds great. 
    It's just that at the end of the day I wouldn't want to come back to empty home and things I enjoy - I would like to share with someone close to me.
    See, every time I go away I relearn who much better life is when you are by yourself. I'm a total loaner at heart. I generally find being with other people deeply irritating and annoying. My poor wife!!