Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Baldness cures?

What's Hot
Is there anyone whos tried regaine?

Im going poxy bald on top and its starting to really piss me off. I’m not quite at the stage of just shaving it all off, and to be honest the thought doesnt appeal at all.. 

Gonna see the docs soon but I imagine it will be a waste of time, cos baldness is pretty much just life innit. But as its come on worse over the last year, I’ll ask if theres any other potential causes or if its just hereditary.. 

Dont know if theres other options, but any medical stuff thats not on the nhs, wouldnt be an option due to never being able to afford it, hence thought I’d ask if anyones tried the over the counter regaine stuff. 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    Question: why are you concerned about baldness?  Is it prevalent in your family, your Dad, Uncle, Grandfather etc. ??

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15620
    I find the increase in hairgrowth from my ears and nose compensate for the loss on top.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28698
    I believe the only cure is not caring.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 29reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12426
    Regaine works for some people, but not all. My stepson has used it in the past and although it stopped his hair loss, it didn’t grow back. Be aware you’ll need to use it for life though: as soon as you stop using it the hair loss will kick in again. Frankly it’s easier to just go bald, the only person who probably really cares is you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    My nephew was 21 and very depressed about his hair thinning a lot. He decided to shave it all off. He now looks really cool, it has really worked for him as a look and it has really boosted his confidence. Personally I think that is the best option.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Buy a few nice hats..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    edited February 2018
    Fucks sake just shave it off and stop whittling. I lost my hair at 24 and sported a No.1 for many years and am now wet shaved bald. Chicks love it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    It's funny isn't it, anything that happens to a man is generally answered with "man up and get on with it", but billions are spent on solutions to things women deem problems.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • Is there a cure? No. 

Mine started going at 17. Once you accept it's happening then you'll be in a better place. Grade 1 and stubble has worked for me!
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3180
    tFB Trader
    I started thinning out on top bang on my 30th birthday, got quite depressed at first and tried the usual caffeine shampoos and other crap available in the shops - they don’t work.

Now I’ve changed my mindset and realised there’s nothing that I can do, so not worrying about it anymore. I’ll get my hair cut really short when I start to look like St Benedict but I reckon I’ve got a few years yet.

Also, what they don’t tell you is how much it hurts! Tender bald spot.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• HoofHoof Frets: 494
    edited February 2018
    underdog said:
    It's funny isn't it, anything that happens to a man is generally answered with "man up and get on with it", but billions are spent on solutions to things women deem problems.
    Indeed. Why should you just accept it? If you don't like it and something can be done then go for it. If you were fat and it bothered you then no sane person would discourage you from going to the gym would they?

I'm bald and I hate it. I have the choice of two hairstyles now: Grant Mitchell or Tom Cruise in Born On The 4th Of July!

If I could afford hair transplants I've have it done.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    FWIW the chicks really dig a combover, honest. 

14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ignore the holier than thou responses, so if you're seeing it as an issue then it's an issue  but the problem is their is no real cure, hats and alternative hair styles will work in certain situations but really a number one cut is the way to go, dobtd forget you will see it as  more of an issue as anyone else. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Assuming you’ve ruled out a transplant - and I can well understand if you have - most of us would prefer to stick with our existing heads - a syrup is probably the only other option....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    have you considered wearing the scalps of your defeated enemies? yes, it does raise some initial questions, but one quick flash of the flensing knife and they soon disappear.

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JadenJaden Frets: 251
    a wig cures baldness 100% of the time :pensive: 
    Jaden Rose Guitars :: Jaden Rose Guitars on Facebook :: My Facebook :: YouTube

The young do not know enough to be prudent, therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28698
    Hoof said:

Why should you just accept it? If you don't like it and something can be done then go for it. If you were fat and it bothered you then no sane person would discourage you from going to the gym would they?
    If there was a solution for hair loss as simple as there is for being overweight then it'd be different, but eating less and doing more doesn't make your hair grow back.

Regaine doesn't work for everyone and is jolly expensive 'cos you have to keep using it for the rest of your life. Plugs, wigs and combovers all look ridiculous to varying degrees (unless you spend a crapload on either of the former). You can't wear a hat all the time. Thus the only successful approach is acceptance (I include #1 clippers and full-on shaving in that).

Nothing "holier-than-thou" (as someone else put it in a hilariously ironic holier-than-thou post) about it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14573
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 176
    It's amazing when "Babies" are born everyone says what a beatiful baby without  hair on the head
    and later in life if you lose your recently grown hair you have some sort of major problem that makes
    you unattractive...A load od human derided bollax...
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited February 2018
    Clashman said:
    It's amazing when "Babies" are born everyone says what a beatiful baby without  hair on the head
    and later in life if you lose your recently grown hair you have some sort of major problem that makes
    you unattractive...A load od human derided bollax...

I think for some men it's a sign of age, I've never understood it, but as I approach my 40th I get it now. I'm not going bald ( and looking at my father and grandfather don't think I will) but we all see signs of age as we grow older and it can be unpleasant.

I'd imagine going bald in your 20s or 30s can be crippling to self confidence, and probably almost as bad in your 40s or 50s.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom