Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Baldness cures?

What's Hot

Comments

• ClashmanClashman Frets: 176
    I wear a baseball cap but when I had hair I attracted far too many Women, I feel a lot more
    relaxed now but the Queue has gone but the memories live on ..Being bald doesn't prevent
    me from enjoying my life and I still get to talk to lots of lovely Girls who still give me hugs and
    kisses.Brains still work without hair.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sounds like a crap song title... Brains still work without hair..
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I went bald at 23. Bothered me only a little. I rationalised it when it seemed to me that whilst some girls were put off by it, it seemed a like only small proportion. Some girls dont like fat guys, some dont like short guys, some dont like nerdy guys and some dont like bald guys. As long as youre not all of those things, you should be fine :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    When I was at School the best Rock n roll guitar player at school lost his hair at 16
    think he still plays in cover bands super player..lol
    I'm extremelely clever and modest with it ,..but hey it's difficult being perfect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Get in sorted in Istanbul, cost about £2000.

• If there was a cure you'd already know about it.
     Are there methods to make it appear like you arent losing your hair? Yes

I considered Regaine a while ago as Im thinning on top but got to the point where I just didnt care. The wife still loves me (she says she does anyway) Im still dad to my kids and Im not particularly conscious about it.
     For some people it can be a serious issue, lack of confidence, worried about how people perceive you and general worry about looking older than you are.
    I basically dont give a fuck if I shave all my hair off to a number one or if I grow it and have a bald spot

Looks worse than it is because its a photo and the wifes shorter than me so she only sees it when I sit down :)
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Also, what they don’t tell you is how much it hurts! Tender bald spot.

I’m thinning on top -took me a while to realise why my head hurt whenever we were swimming  in the sun on holiday. Now I have taken to rubbing sun cream in my hair in the vague hope it might absorb or scatter some UV rays.

By the way, degree of baldness is proportional to testosterone levels/sensitivity - so it means us thinning / balding types are already real men :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I only came on this forum cos I thought it said fret bald forum I'm always fretting.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Clashman said:
    It's amazing when "Babies" are born everyone says what a beatiful baby without  hair on the head
    and later in life if you lose your recently grown hair you have some sort of major problem that makes
    you unattractive...A load od human derided bollax...
    Thing is I was born naked too and have yet to recieve a compliment in in 29 years of getting my junk out!

I get it, its life. But I guess because I’ve always had longish hair in all manner of styles and considered it my only body part I can have control over and feel great about, its definately depressing.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with coeliac disease, and that gets annoying the amount of great tasting takeaways or nights out that just aint the same without. 

Im 29 so, true I’ve not had a bad run but damn. 

Thanks for all the replies though!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    edited February 2018
    At 31(32 this year) my hair is still nice and thick but I’m getting very grey around the back and sides. I can see me being full Clooney in 5 years. 

I thought about dying it and then thought fuck it, just gotta get on with it! 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    I’m sorry it bothers you. It’s a very natural thing though...

Having shaved my hair since 21 I’m not in the slightest bit bothered about being a baldy.

Having to style my hair would annoy me 
    now...

There’s no cure - a hair system (latest name for a syrup) might be worth looking into if you are desperate.

Good luck.

My advice is buy some clippers, shave it all off and don’t look back.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23097
    People always say just shave it off, but a bald head doesn't suit everybody.

I'm small and skinny with a sort of bland baby face (although I am quite old).  If I shaved my head I'd look like one of those poor kids with that awful premature-ageing disease.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Philly_Q said:

I'm small and skinny with a sort of bland baby face (although I am quite old).  If I shaved my head I'd look like one of those poor kids with that awful premature-ageing disease.
    Haha aint it just. 

I have a massive forehead with what I have only just recently discovered through the thinning hair, a tall egg shaped head.

Gonna look like a fucking alien :/ 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    edited February 2018
    skunkwerx said:
    Philly_Q said:

Haha aint it just. 

I have a massive forehead with what I have only just recently discovered through the thinning hair, a tall egg shaped head.

Gonna look like a fucking alien  
    hair4all.com
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12426
    My crown looks like an egg in a nest or a monkeys arse. My hair options are -very short, wear a hat, krusety the clown or full egg head. I’m not bothered really. You get used to it just don’t try to hide it with a combover or the Francis Rossi distraction ponytail.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Clashman said:
    It's amazing when "Babies" are born everyone says what a beatiful baby without  hair on the head
    In my entire life I have never known a bald baby, pretty much all of them seem to be born with hair! my 4 had hair, my 7 nieces and nephews all had hair and everyone I have known who had a baby it had hair. I think that for some reason advertising prefers bald babies and that is why people think of it as a thing.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4323

(It will definitely be a conversation piece)

Or

(Other brands are available)

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I think babies are born with hair, then it all falls out, then regrows, often a different colour. That’s what happened with our daughter, anyway.
    Anyhoo..
    I’m sorry the op is losing his hair. It can be very upsetting for a chap. Two of my best school friends lost their hair in their 20s. Bald as eggs. It shocked me when I first saw them bald. They’d both had good heads of hair. Fast forward 30 years, and one is still egg like, and the other has a very convincing, and I imagine expensive, syrup.
    We all deal with stuff differently. Two of my aunties had very thin hair from quite a young age, one especially thin. Imagine being an attractive young woman, and losing your hair..!
    As for myself. Although I probably come across as about 14, most of the time, I’m fast approaching 56. When I was younger I had hair so thick, you wouldn’t believe it. Now, as well as being quite grey, my hair is thinning on top, and receding. I would much rather have the hair I had in my youth, but it ain’t happening. It will thin and recede more as time passes. I’ve kept it around 3/4” since it got noticeable, about 20 years ago. Progress has been slow, I suppose. I suppose I’ve been quite lucky. I’ll do whatever, if and when it feels necessary. As it is, I’m ‘ok’ with things as they are..
    Apologies to anyone who was bothered by my previous post. I didn’t mean to upset anyone. Maybe I was making light, or whatever..
    Baldness is something many of us will have to deal with, one way or another, at some time. I think acceptance is probably a healthier first step.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• I'm under the impression you inherit baldness or otherwise from your mum's dad. My father never went bald, neither did his father, but my mother's father went as bald as a coot, and I blame him for it happening to me. I don't like it but there's naff-all I can do about it.

I used to work with a chap who had a comb-over. There were several of us outside the pub on Friday lunchtime on a windy day and after he'd re-arranged his comb-over for the 3rd time, by then I'd drunk so much beer that I just blurted out "Alan, why don't you just cut it off? Everyone knows you're bald and nobody thinks any less of you for it". The following Monday he showed up neatly trimmed all round. Nobody teased him, and we all liked him just as much.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself