Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Baldness cures?

What's Hot

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Still, easier said than done.

I agree that it's best just to shave it off and get on with it, and sometimes a bit of facial hair helps even things out.  Trouble is, for some of us, the shaven look just doesn't work unfortunately - certainly in my case.  Oh well...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23221
    Iamnobody said:

hair4all.com
    Why do all the models on there look like they just shaved their heads for the "before" pictures?  They have suntan lines!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    Philly_Q said:
    Iamnobody said:

hair4all.com
    Why do all the models on there look like they just shaved their heads for the "before" pictures?  They have suntan lines!
    Because they have! You have to grow it out so there’s something to blend into at the back and sides. Then the top of the bonce is shaved to glue the ‘system’ on.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    Iamnobody said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Iamnobody said:

hair4all.com
    Because they have! You have to grow it out so there’s something to blend into at the back and sides. Then the top of the bonce is shaved to glue the ‘system’ on.
    Ah, understood... it doesn't give much of an indication of how their pattern baldness looked before though, does it? 

A cynic - not me, of course - might think they got people with their own full heads of hair for the "after" pictures, then shaved them into the Terry Nutkins/Champ Kind look for the "before" pictures.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    edited February 2018
    What you seek is here

https://www.instagram.com/hair4all_com/

I should add I have no real affiliation with the co. but do have a mutual friend with the guy who owns it.

When baldness threads pop up on here I link to the site to show people what’s out there. Other hair system providers are available!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    edited February 2018
    That's better! 

I do actually have hair and hope never to visit them, but nice to see they're legit.

Edit:  Having scrolled right through those hair4all Instagram photos I'd have to say that although the hair systems look very authentic, quite a few of those guys actually suited the thinning/bald look and maybe should have saved their money.

I'd also observe that, just as not everyone suits a shaved head, not everyone suits an Olivier Giroud hairstyle...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Wear a syrup.
    Or a combover:

Carlos Santana agonised over this in his song 'Oye Como Va'.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4309
    edited February 2018
    I'm under the impression you inherit baldness or otherwise from your mum's dad. My father never went bald, neither did his father, but my mother's father went as bald as a coot, and I blame him for it happening to me. I don't like it but there's naff-all I can do about it.
    One look at my uncle tells you there’s only one way my hair’s gonna go, and that’s down the plug hole. I’m already thinner on top than I’d like, but a decent cut hides it to a degree. Not necessarily long, either - that doesn’t always help. 

I understand and why my barber has a spotlight brighter than the sun right above my head, but it really doesn’t help my self-image

He doesn’t do my ears yet, I’m still at ‘eyebrows and down the shirt collar’. Pretty sure my shoulders are now sporting the hair from my crown. It’s like I’m some sort of weird play-doh machine gone wrong. 

Anyway, when it’s gone it’s gone. Fuck all I can do about it, nor about the fact that I look like an escaped convict with a no. 1.

If it’s bothering you, have a look at any number of successful men with pattern baldness. His films may be unwatchable shite but lack of barnet never did Statham any harm. Like me, I bet you’ve got balding mates who look great with cropped hair and a bit of stubble or beard. 

Have a look at them, then consider Jimmy White and ask yourself how bad it could be. 

As for the cures, as above - only one of them works. A bit. For some people. 
    Sassafras said:
    I bet it’s been agony having that one stashed away, waiting for a hair-related thread to happen along ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6882
    Well I woke up this morning and took a couple pictures of my head from different angles... mainly because people in work keep noticing. My job involves a lot of crouching and a lot of general public (assholes). 

So I’ll be honest I don’t have many mates except a girl from work, so I sent said pictures to me old mam and said, what do you think of this. 

After a chat on the phone I went down the barbers and took the first few passes of the shaver myself lol. 

I was hoping that with my facial hair Still intact I’d come out looking like Mark Tremonti. 

Turns out that with my moobs, I now look like a fucking male to female transgender lady inbetween wig swaps. 

Upside is, quicker to get ready and play guitar now. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    skunkwerx said:
    Turns out that with my moobs, I now look like a fucking male to female transgender lady inbetween wig swaps.  
    I shouldn't laugh, but that's a great line!
  • Philly_Q said:
    skunkwerx said:
    I shouldn't laugh, but that's a great line!
    It is, and compares well with this from a chap who's son I taught for a while: "If I wore makeup I'd look like some old bag just come back from chemo"
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    randella said:
    Sassafras said:
    I bet it’s been agony having that one stashed away, waiting for a hair-related thread to happen along ;)
    You've no idea how many years I've been waiting for the opportunity to drag that one out.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    randella said:
    Sassafras said:
    You've no idea how many years I've been waiting for the opportunity to drag that one out.
    Well I’m glad you did, you got a lol out of me at least. :)
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I started going a bit at 20, really started going at 23 and just shaved it off. Every now and again I wistfully remember such things as "combs" and "gel", but I soon get over it. 

Just remember that the biggest critic of your image is yourself. Most people wont notice, or if they do they won't care. It's not like bald/shaved heads are uncommon!

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• Get a tan after you've razzed it of, I think it'll make it less obvious, if I go bald that's what I'm gonna do.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited February 2018
    Mine is getting much thinner much faster... Only a little bit at the front and it's thinning all the way to the back. Yeah, it's depressing. It's salt on an already raw wound. I look like a thug with it short - I suit my hair.

There are things you can do. 

DUT hair transplant. 

Propecia / finasteride tablets. These work for most men and stop hair falling out but it's a lifelong subscription and in some (2%??) men it gives sexual problems. I know folk who take it who luckily have had no problems and still have full heads of hair.

I think I might just have to live with it. It would be much better if I could rock a Jason Statham look but I can't.

Don't underestimate how depressing this can be for guys! As if I'm not depressed enough!