Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Elon Musk's Space X Rocket Launch Tonight

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24702
    Kalimna said:
    Oh SirAxeman, you are a hoot :)
    By 'hoot', surely you mean "fuckwit" ?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1557
    You may say what you like, I could not possibly comment ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I've lost count of the number of times Siraxetwat's broken the first rule of The Fretboard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3531
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Emp_Fab said:
    Kalimna said:
    So someone can't have a different opinion to you without you calling them a fuckwit. Freedom of opinion and speech means nothing to you ... try engaging in a debate and drop the personal insults.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Kalimna said:
    So someone can't have a different opinion to you without you calling them a fuckwit. Freedom of opinion and speech means nothing to you ... try engaging in a debate and drop the personal insults.
    I don't think anyone is saying flat earthers shouldn't be allowed to speak. Just that the rest of us sane folk should be just as free to call them fuckwits. Because they are very obviously fuckwits.

Science isn't about opinions... But for those who don't understand, no amount of explanation will ever clear that up
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24702
    Thankyou Sticky.  Being denied the right to call SirTrollalot a 'fuckwit' would also mean we have to accept Trump's lies as 'alternative facts'.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Indeed, we are all allowed to have our own opinions. But in the same way that, should an adult continue to profess a sincere belief in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny, we are allowed to suggest that belief in a flat Earth is a bit stupid and the holder of that belief on the extreme end of the fuckwit spectrum.

• fobfob Frets: 1431
    Fretwired said:

In a country where millions can't afford basic healthcare a billionaire can fire one of his cars into space. Personally I think its pathetic - all those bright people and billions of dollars wasted shoving yet more junk into space. It's not rock n' roll. Its not even cool. 

Call me Mr Grinch, but Musk is just Howard Hughes MK2.

Charity begins at home!

I'm sure there are plenty of people in your area who could have their lives changed if you just sold a few guitars/gizmos/whatever you spend your disposable income on and decided to live more frugally and put the difference into whatever you thought would better their existence. Time too; instead of practicing, watching telly, internetting, you could be volunteering somewhere.

I don't know what Elon Musk's charitable contributions are but I'd bet my house they come to a lot more than the value of my house. He's moving humanity forward, as he sees it, and technological advances do tend to result in a better general standard of living.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • @fob completely agree. 

I have no idea re Musk's charitable contributions in cash terms, but what he's trying to do with solar & battery tech via Tesla will literally change the world. It's already made a huge difference in Puerto Rico after the recent hurricane.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/10/27/elon-musks-tesla-delivers-solar-power-puerto-rico-childrens/
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3702
    Fretwired said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Kalimna said:
    I don't think anyone is saying flat earthers shouldn't be allowed to speak. Just that the rest of us sane folk should be just as free to call them fuckwits. Because they are very obviously fuckwits.

Science isn't about opinions... But for those who don't understand, no amount of explanation will ever clear that up
    I think some people just have an over inflated ego and like to try and prove that they are one of  the chosen few "in the know" and the rest of mankind are just dolts.

It makes them feel better about themselves.
  • Does this mean the Death Stars are flat as well?
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What if.....  Elon Musk has just committed the most extravagant murder ever?
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Sassafras said:
    I've lost count of the number of times Siraxetwat's broken the first rule of The Fretboard.
    Didn't someone summon him by referring his name earlier in the thread?  Blame them.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2491
    For a while I though it was fun having our very own flat earther. You could sit and watch him froth and bubble, occasionally poking him with a stick if he failed to delight with yet more elaborate nonsense as to how the universe worked. Now, I must admit, I'm growing weary of it and the incessant streams of childish foolishness.
    I think this how kids must have felt about Furbies.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Emp_Fab said:
    Thankyou Sticky.  Being denied the right to call SirTrollalot a 'fuckwit' would also mean we have to accept Trump's lies as 'alternative facts'.
    Rubbish. So to you any debate is improved if you can shout 'fuckwit' whilst virtue signalling ... no wonder people like Trump are winning.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    But it isnt a debate, is it? It is one person trolling stupidity, and many others falling for it.

It is not a valid position to hold, and not all opinions are of equal value.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15883
    I gotta admit, I'm not a fan of people trolling him outside of those threads he has posted in (I saw some trolling of him in one of the music theory threads for example, that was out of order IMO, especially as he was posting good stuff) however,if he posts his nonsense in a thread (like this one for example) then he's gotta be prepared to take the flack. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    @fob completely agree. 

I have no idea re Musk's charitable contributions in cash terms, but what he's trying to do with solar & battery tech via Tesla will literally change the world. It's already made a huge difference in Puerto Rico after the recent hurricane.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/10/27/elon-musks-tesla-delivers-solar-power-puerto-rico-childrens/

And his call for a new space race could be interesting... during the last space race dozens of life-changing bits of tech came out and everyone benefited.
    Even the Soviets. They lost, went bankrupt and collapsed. Like i said, everyone benefited :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Saw this in the free copy if the Times at the airport this morning:-

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/uk-space-agency-to-help-detect-illegal-jungle-gold-miners-3kzwp5hjj

Just one if the many things a satalite can do for the good of humanity....and the cheaper the transport the cheaper the service.