Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Apart from Me!

What's Hot
JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
Who is the most famous person youve had a message/email from on the internet and what did they say. You can count youtube etc.  But i must reiterate you can not count me!   ie I dont count so dont  even go there.   I will go first because its my Thread!  
David Walliman said Thanks!  made my day.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nigella Lawson

"Stop loitering around my house or I will take legal action".
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 588
    Paul Gilbert.

A friend didn't tell me but sent him a cover I did of one of his tracks and gave him my email address.  He sent me a really nice message saying he enjoyed it.  Which was almost certainly a lie, but a very, very nice one.
    2reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    Without being so crass as to name names, I've had quite a few emails over the years from  members of various royal families.

Mainly Nigerian.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    39reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've told the long version of this a few times on here but the short version is email correspondence with Steve Cropper ( okay, about the BBC snooker theme tune). 

I've also had online replies from Joe Bonamassa and Mary Spender ( well, she's kinda famous here). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • A certain Gaz Coombes (in part thanks to a very nice chap on here).

Greg Koch

Frank Bruno and Stephen Fry ( both work related)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KiniooKinioo Frets: 19
    ...few emails from lovely far east/Africa people saying there is a fault with my PC and if I could get in touch with them...ideally with my bank/PIN details...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12578
    Fish from Marillion, the bass player from jamiroquai and a girl from emmerdale I had never heard of, all work related.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15861
    Mike Harding, he thanked me for my erm, decorating tips.

Oh and Phil Beer said will do when I asked him to let me know if he decided to split the two fiddles he was selling. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Trump speaks to me regularly on Twitter.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Joey Bull thanked me for my funny email about 10 years ago ...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    Had an email from John Snow, the C4 newsreader once. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited February 2018
    Football commentator and former Liverpool player Jim Beglin. Last year I sent him a photo of my guitars and amps and we had a little email exchange about it.

WTF!?! Guitars, I hear you say! We were neighbours in Liverpool when I was a teenager - he was with me in Rushworth's music shop when I bought my first guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ron Thal, years and years ago when he was less busy.
  • ^ ^ I remember reading a Ron Thal webpage years ago, something about Vigier guitars which IIRC mentioned "James Went, from Wales, England". :) That's geetarfreak, innit! :)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
    edited February 2018
    only last week... Paul Jones from BBC R2 when I msg'd him re sorry he is leaving his great show... He mailed back thanking me for my kind wishes...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27086
    edited February 2018
    Not sure who's the most famous at this point in time...I've swapped emails (and phone calls) with both Pat Badger and Rob Chapman, so there's that.

Mike Soldano's another one, I suppose, but I suspect he's pretty low-key compared to those two, as is David Wallimann (nearly ended up doing a website refresh for him). And, in a different space entirely, I suppose you could count Sam Roddick.

Also, Geoff Capes once tried it on with my wife (he opened a gym in my town, and wifey worked there briefly until it became clear that he wouldn't stop with his unwanted advances). That involved a lot of angry shouting (and mild terror) on my part.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15861
    just to check, restraining orders don't count. right?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
    axisus said:
    Joey Bull thanked me for my funny email about 10 years ago ...

surprised she remembered it from that far back...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Mike Soldano's another one, I suppose, but I suspect he's pretty low-key compared to those two, as is David Wallimann (nearly ended up doing a website refresh for him). And, in a different space entirely, I suppose you could count Sam Roddick.

Also, Geoff Capes once tried it on with my wife (he opened a gym in my town, and wifey worked there briefly until it became clear that he wouldn't stop with his unwanted advances). That involved a lot of angry shouting (and mild terror) on my part.
    The Geoff Capes story reminds me of Ricky Hatton's one joke about what do you do if you find Mike Tyson in bed with your wife, tuck him in.  Of all the people to take a shine to your missus.  Did you tell your mates "hold me back, no really hold me back!!"

Of course the answer is it doesn't matter how tough they are if you run them through with a bayonet!