Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Apart from Me!

What's Hot

Comments

• I assume Geoff Capes must have had a really small willy - how else can you breed budgies? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckee said:
    Not sure who's the most famous at this point in time...I've swapped emails (and phone calls) with both Pat Badger and Rob Chapman, so there's that.

Mike Soldano's another one, I suppose, but I suspect he's pretty low-key compared to those two, as is David Wallimann (nearly ended up doing a website refresh for him). And, in a different space entirely, I suppose you could count Sam Roddick.

Also, Geoff Capes once tried it on with my wife (he opened a gym in my town, and wifey worked there briefly until it became clear that he wouldn't stop with his unwanted advances). That involved a lot of angry shouting (and mild terror) on my part.
    The Geoff Capes story reminds me of Ricky Hatton's one joke about what do you do if you find Mike Tyson in bed with your wife, tuck him in.  Of all the people to take a shine to your missus.  Did you tell your mates "hold me back, no really hold me back!!"

Of course the answer is it doesn't matter how tough they are if you run them through with a bayonet!
    It's actually quite amazing how much excess confidence you gain when a) you're young, and b) there are witnesses.
    <space for hire>
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8140
    Captain Sensible.  Shared many beers with him since.  
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2489
    Takuma Sato (Super Aguri F1 driver). I was making their simulator at the time.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
     Re  June fretboard jam !
    forgot to mention the good news!
    Special Guest is Geoff Capes! anyone know him?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ha-ha. :) He's 73 now - I reckon that between the 25 of us, we might be able to take him.
  • Ha-ha. :) He's 73 now - I reckon that between the 25 of us, we might be able to take him.
    Meh, he's just a (really) fat old dude now. Just need to make sure it's on the first floor...I suspect a decent flight of stairs would finish him off ;)
    <space for hire>
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3119
    edited February 2018
    I bought a pedal from ex Whitesnake and Black Sabbath bassist, Neil Murray on ebay. He seemed like a really top chap.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny Thompson on the occasion of John Martyn’s death and PJ Moore from The Blue Nile.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11429
    Ex-president of Nigeria.

Bastard owes me a fortune.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Matt Chamberlain - genius drummer
    Jon Thorne - double bassist from lamb
    Ane Brun - Norwegian Singer Songwriter

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12578
    Ha-ha. :) He's 73 now - I reckon that between the 25 of us, we might be able to take him.
    Meh, he's just a (really) fat old dude now. Just need to make sure it's on the first floor...I suspect a decent flight of stairs would finish him off ;)
    I'm going so I'll crouch down behind him and you run at him and see if you can push him over!
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    57Deluxe said:
    only last week... Paul Jones from BBC R2 when I msg'd him re sorry he is leaving his great show... He mailed back thanking me for my kind wishes...
    All part of a major Radio 2 revamp, news of which totally passed me by. Not sure Simon Mayo had a choice to share his show with Jo Whiley and see this as a stepping stone to Mayo moving on next year if it works out. It’ll definitely jostle the drive time listenership some. Shall miss Paul Jones. Not sure on Cerys Mathhews. What’s she like?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    edited February 2018
    I’ve swapped messages with mike Bisping and meisha Tate both MMA fighters , Jim bob and fruit bat from Carter USM and I once got chatted up by that bird out of republica back in 98. 
    Oh and fist bumped Andy cairns from Therapy. 

so thinking on, quasi famous people only in most circles. 
  • fandango said:
    57Deluxe said:
    only last week... Paul Jones from BBC R2 when I msg'd him re sorry he is leaving his great show... He mailed back thanking me for my kind wishes...
    All part of a major Radio 2 revamp, news of which totally passed me by. Not sure Simon Mayo had a choice to share his show with Jo Whiley and see this as a stepping stone to Mayo moving on next year if it works out. It’ll definitely jostle the drive time listenership some. Shall miss Paul Jones. Not sure on Cerys Mathhews. What’s she like?
    Just looked this up - Jo Whiley on drivetime! No!!! Hateful, stupid woman. 

I haven't listened to Paul Jones for ages and whilst I can't see how Cerys is qualified to take over I guess I can't complain either. 

But Jo Whiley FFS :angry: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Jacky Stewart 
  • munckee said:by
    Ha-ha. :) He's 73 now - I reckon that between the 25 of us, we might be able to take him.
    I'm going so I'll crouch down behind him and you run at him and see if you can push him over!
    I foresee a problem.  If you misjudge the angle of descent it would be like a family car landing on you.  You'd just see your hands and feet splayed out underneath him.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Never boast about famous people you've met or heard from .. it's distasteful .. Bill Clinton gave me that advice.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24675
    Brian May & Billy Bragg.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
    fandango said:
    57Deluxe said:
    Just looked this up - Jo Whiley on drivetime! No!!! Hateful, stupid woman. 

I haven't listened to Paul Jones for ages and whilst I can't see how Cerys is qualified to take over I guess I can't complain either. 

But Jo Whiley FFS :angry: 
    in fairness she does have great legs though - shame won't be able to see them on the radio at that time. Mayo will though...so bonus there at least

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jo+whiley+legs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjW0un2lqjZAhVBDMAKHTdIAC0Q_AUICigB&biw=1402&bih=643#imgrc=jZqPFDQcvMGLUM:
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>