Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27736
    Sporky said:
    I WANT A LASER CUTTER.
    Is Mr Bond due to visit??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Suggestion: Some easy way to differentiate between the Classifieds and the straight chat. A couple of times I've gone to browse the classifieds and ended up on the discussion. Could just give one subgroup a different coloured background box or something?

But MAN, I am excited about this forum! I hope that we can find all of the people who might have found the MR forums. I've got such love for the work you chaps are doing here.
    THANKS!
     - Ed
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    EdGrip said:
    Suggestion: Some easy way to differentiate between the Classifieds and the straight chat. A couple of times I've gone to browse the classifieds and ended up on the discussion. Could just give one subgroup a different coloured background box or something?
    That'll be done at the first review of the site. :)
  • Sporky said:
    I WANT A LASER CUTTER.
    Why do you want to cut lasers?

Do you dislike them?

Do you blame them for the misfortune?
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28828
    LASERS!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • No need to shout!

Now lie back on the couch and tell Dr. Stoo all about it
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    No need to shout!

Now lie back on the couch and tell Dr. Stoo all about it
    Not in the Feedback thread, pretty please. :)
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6203
    Can we have a 'Personnel' section under the Classifieds section like we did in the old MR forum?
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    equalsql said:
    Can we have a 'Personnel' section under the Classifieds section like we did in the old MR forum?
    Good call, equalsql. :)
  • guitariguitari Frets: 19
    guitari said:
    equalsql said:

Hi.

Not sure if it's just me, but the forum's font appears very unclear on my PC. The letters: I f t T m M D H F look all or partially bold and the clarity of the others is poor. (I'm using a Samsung NC10 notepad).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes I'm getting the same using Chrome, but it displays perfectly in IE8, on PC.
    It seems to be a Chrome setting for me. Works/displays fine with Chrome on my laptop but not with my desktop pc at work? Any ideas?
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    edited August 2013
    At my work PC (Windows 7, IE8) the rich text box is unusably slow, with one letter appearing every few seconds. However, I recognise that this is because my work PC uses ye olde crappy software; just thought I'd mention for the sake of completeness. Typing in the HTML version is fine. My over-arching feedback is this: The forum is amazing, excellent job to all involved!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Sporky said:
    I WANT A LASER CUTTER.

There's one on it's way to you, together with a plasma cutter and a welder. ;-)

Good to you ain't I Sporky???

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5575
    Things I'd like to see:

A 'Recent Discussions' button on the mobile version of the site. I always use this button but have to use the 'full site' to get it, which throws the list of discussions off the screen.

Can we have post counts? It was good for knowing who was new and also for sussing out potential scammers in the classifieds.

I'm having a couple of problems writing posts on my phone too. When I tap on the text box, the thread shoots back to the top of the discussion and I have to scroll down again to get the text box. Also, the text box sometimes freezes and nothing seems to unfreeze it. If it helps any, I'm getting this on my Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 4.1.2 using Dolphin browser. I tried it on the stock browser too and the same thing happens.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7301
    DiscoStu said:
    Things I'd like to see:

Can we have post counts? It was good for knowing who was new and also for sussing out potential scammers in the classifieds.

+1, even better can we have our old post counts? :D
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • This forum is already an improvement on MR! A few points...

Post counts...yep.

I'd like to see consistent formats for timestamps (or user configurable): for new stuff we just see a time...for old stuff we just see a date...I would prefer to always see date and time.

As mentioned previously, the comment editor on iOS appears to default to source.

When a discussion is bookmarked, I get an email for every response...the old MR behaviour was very neat: one email and nothing more until I visited the thread.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27736
    I'd like to see consistent formats for timestamps (or user configurable): for new stuff we just see a time...for old stuff we just see a date...I would prefer to always see date and time.

As mentioned previously, the comment editor on iOS appears to default to source.

When a discussion is bookmarked, I get an email for every response...the old MR behaviour was very neat: one email and nothing more until I visited the thread.
    Re post counts; we keep having that debate.  There are pros & cons.

The other points are all good though.  I'll take them through to the discussion about the Dev list and report back when we've assessed what could be done, and when.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    edited August 2013
    TTony said:

Re post counts; we keep having that debate.  There are pros & cons.

The other points are all good though.  I'll take them through to the discussion about the Dev list and report back when we've
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    edited August 2013
    TTony. post counts are there aren't they? For instance you have,

46 Discussion

487 CommentsOk they're I know they're not showing on each of your posts, but all you need to do is click on anyone's user name at the top of each post to see what they've been up to. ;).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Mick said:

46 Discussion

487 CommentsOk they're I know they're not showing on each of your posts, but all you need to do is click on anyone's user name at the top of each post to see what they've been up to. ;).
    I think we missed the forest for the tree. :D
  • Mick said:

46 Discussion

Absolutely...I'm just used to seeing a post count without having to drill for each individual user. Superficial as it may be, it adds something to the context.

I've not seen the previous consideration of this point, so I don't know what the pros & cons are...I suppose, if it's there, a high post count is a form of reputation which may or may not be deserved :)