Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Pros & cons for both ways of doing it I guess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33851
    Can we have a drum section s and can I be the moderator for it please?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27728

A Drums sub-section within Gear?

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    If we're going to cover more than guitars how about keyboards too?

I'm just concerned about whether there's the demand for more sections - yet.

It's a bit chicken & egg perhaps - if we create the sections then drummerists and keyboarderers might drop in - but unless there's some obvious content or direction within the section, they're likely to just drop out again.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26820
    TTony said:

I'm just concerned about whether there's the demand for more sections - yet.

It's a bit chicken & egg perhaps - if we create the sections then drummerists and keyboarderers might drop in - but unless there's some obvious content or direction within the section, they're likely to just drop out again.

OK, solution - no more section proposals unless the proposer is willing to come up with some editorial content to get it going? It's still not a definite "yes" (it would have to go by The Committee), but it would at least mean that such suggestions were properly considered as opposed to a "we must have everything!" situation.
    <space for hire>
    edited August 2013
    OK, solution - no more section proposals unless the proposer is willing to come up with some editorial content to get it going?
    And (ideally) for the proposer to have some virtual mates to bring along to any new section that we create on theFB, perhaps from another forum that they currently inhabit?
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    As this is "the fretboard" and thus has already staked it's claim as a guitar biased forum, the traffic for specific instruments outside of this is likely to be guitarists with other interests, so maybe an "other instruments" section would catch all.
    dindude said:
    As this is "the fretboard" and thus has already staked it's claim as a guitar biased forum, the traffic for specific instruments outside of this is likely to be guitarists with other interests, so maybe an "other instruments" section would catch all.
    That could be the way to go. :)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26820
    ddlooping said:
    dindude said:
    That could be the way to go. :)
    Aye - I was thinking more in terms of the suggestions which keep cropping up.

The sensible approach in terms of non-fretboarded-instruments would be to have the "Other Instruments" category, and then split it in the event that a particular instrument becomes over-represented in there.
    <space for hire>
    dindude said:
    so maybe an "other instruments" section would catch all.
    Still leaves the drummers with nowhere to go though ??
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    TTony said:
    dindude said:
    so maybe an "other instruments" section would catch all.
    Still leaves the drummers with nowhere to go though ??
    Nice work
    :))
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2381
    dindude said:
    good logic there :)

and then as digitalscream said, if it happens to get busier, then you could split it later into individual instrument sections.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17700
    tFB Trader
    I have had a drummer mate look at the site and complain, but I think most drummers are on Mike Dolbear and are unlikely to come on here when nearly everyone is a guitarist. 

The Drum section etc on MR was pretty much dead, so I didn't see the point of replicating it as ghost town boards make the place look bad. 
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    I have had a drummer mate look at the site and complain, but I think most drummers are on Mike Dolbear and are unlikely to come on here when nearly everyone is a guitarist. 

The Drum section etc on MR was pretty much dead, so I didn't see the point of replicating it as ghost town boards make the place look bad. 
    Send em over to me. ;)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2381
    Also a good point. The last thing you want on a new forum is for it to look like it's going to peter out.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7301
    I like drums.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6201

Any chance of having two sub-forums under Making and Modelling, one for pedal builders and another for amp builders? 

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17700
    tFB Trader
    equalsql said:

Any chance of having two sub-forums under Making and Modelling, one for pedal builders and another for amp builders? 

If they get busy enough we will split them.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27318
    I've got a weirdly formatted quote here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/10164/#Comment_10164

I deleted some of ICBM's post and bolded another bit and now it won't next in a grey box as it should. Code looks correct in the Source view.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires