What Football Team Do You Support?

What's Hot
timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
I'm a total football elitist, so you're only a supporter if you actually go to games or buy a shirt every season, otherwise you just follow a team on the TV/radio.

I'm a Tranmere Rovers supporter, i live 4 hours away from Prenton Park but i'm still a season ticket holder and over the past 3 seasons i've made it to over 40 home or away matches, including highlights like North Ferriby, Solihull Moors, Braintree and by far the shittest, Boreham Wood. Really hoping for promotion this year after last years Wembley disappointment, but our poor start may mean another agonising few play off matches.

So are there any other football supporters out there, lets hear about your teams, travels and how badly this season is going for you!
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I don't.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    Everton

*sigh*
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    tony99 said:
    Everton

*sigh*
    BOOOO, wrong side of the Mersey mate!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15518
    I used to live a couple of miles out from boreham wood, if you think the football ground is shitty, you clearly didn't see the rest of the town.

as for football, I'm not even a follower of the game on TV. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I despise the game. Utterly boring .
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    edited March 2018
    Inverness Caley Thistle 

due to logistics only been to one game in last couple of years ( Our Scottish Cup Final victory) , been to more Bradford City games than ICT games in last few years 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    hywelg said:
    I despise the game. Utterly boring .
    I agree at the top level, its not all that exciting to watch, i much prefer the lower league/ non league stuff. Players that actually play for a living and staying in a team and under contract is the only way to keep a roof over their heads.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    I don't have the shirt, but am a 'member'. Does that count?

Two of the worst, and both this season:
    Forest away in the FA Cup 3rd round, and Swansea away in the League ... you can guess the team .... but just don't go there, okay?!

Another clue? We don't want Brendan Rogers.

And another clue? We're still in one cup competition, but I doubt we'll get through to the next round.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Why, with every football thread, do people feel the need to comment saying how much they don't like football?

For me, Manchester United.  Very difficult to attend games nowadays due to kids and work.  Also refuse to pay £55 for a slightly different shirt each season.  So, not sure I qualify.  Watch every game without fail from home! Try and catch reverse matches when I can too (often more entertaining ha)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    joeyowen said:
    Why, with every football thread, do people feel the need to comment saying how much they don't like football?

For me, Manchester United.  Very difficult to attend games nowadays due to kids and work.  Also refuse to pay £55 for a slightly different shirt each season.  So, not sure I qualify.  Watch every game without fail from home! Try and catch reverse matches when I can too (often more entertaining ha)
    Sorry, you don't qualify. Please leave this thread now. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    edited March 2018

I grew up in Devon and had the misfortune to be young when Forest won the league, so ended up supporting them.  Almost everyone else at school was Liverpool, Arsenal, or scum.  There will be a similar unfortunate generation of kids now who will be saddled with supporting Leicester all their lives.

When I first came to London, I used to watch Forest most times they came here.  Later on I used to go and watch Exeter, but I've kind of lost interest these days.  I did go to the playoff final last year, but apart from that I don't think I've been to a match in 5 years.

The game has been ruined for me by two things:

Firstly is the money meaning that the Premier league is not competitive.  Apart from a once every 50 years fairytale like Leicester, there are only ever 3 or 4 teams who have a chance of winning it.  If you don't support one of those teams what's the point?

The other big problem I have is the way the game is refereed these days.  As far as I'm concerned, if you get the ball first it's a good tackle.  If you saw what a thumping Stuart Pearce tackle used to do to the atmosphere at the City Ground, then you will realize what has been taken away from the game.  People are getting booked for something that would have been a great tackle 30 years ago.

If it wasn't so expensive I might make the effort to go and watch Exeter when they are in or near London, but I'm not paying £23 to get into Barnet.  I might go if it was £12.  3 or 4 football matches is a nice pickup or a pedal.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    joneve said:
    joeyowen said:

Sorry, you don't qualify. Please leave this thread now. 
    Damnit.

If only I had enough money to buy shirts and season tickets so that United could keep paying high wages...
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4263
    Liverpool supporter. Went regularly in my youth, but having lived in Glasgow for the last 17 years, and with busy job and kids etc, don't get chance much any more. Couple of games a season... I have turned into more of a glory hunter now, going to cup finals etc., as my uncle gets tickets due to previously having had some shares. This will no doubt annoy lots of die hards that go week in week out, but like I give a f*ck.  

I think I have had all the highlights for a lifetime of football supporting, was in the ground in Istanbul on that amazing night, although was also there in Athens a few years later... Watched us lift FA Cups, League Cups etc. 

@timmysoft   I used to go to Prenton Park a fair bit also, not that I was a fan but it was a good laugh and often Friday night games. Used to be packed and quite a lot of Liverpool and Everton fans there just to get their footy fix on a Friday. Good times.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Saracens.........not Association Football 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    crunchman said:

I grew up in Devon and had the misfortune to be young when Forest won the league, so ended up supporting them.  Almost everyone else at school was Liverpool, Arsenal, or scum.  There will be a similar unfortunate generation of kids now who will be saddled with supporting Leicester all their lives.

When I first came to London, I used to watch Forest most times they came here.  Later on I used to go and watch Exeter, but I've kind of lost interest these days.  I did go to the playoff final last year, but apart from that I don't think I've been to a match in 5 years.

The game has been ruined for me by two things:

Firstly is the money meaning that the Premier league is not competitive.  Apart from a once every 50 years fairytale like Leicester, there are only ever 3 or 4 teams who have a chance of winning it.  If you don't support one of those teams what's the point?

The other big problem I have is the way the game is refereed these days.  As far as I'm concerned, if you get the ball first it's a good tackle.  If you saw what a thumping Stuart Pearce tackle used to do to the atmosphere at the City Ground, then you will realize what has been taken away from the game.  People are getting booked for something that would have been a great tackle 30 years ago.

If it wasn't so expensive I might make the effort to go and watch Exeter when they are in or near London, but I'm not paying £23 to get into Barnet.  I might go if it was £12.  3 or 4 football matches is a nice pickup or a pedal.

Even at non league level, i still frequently pay £18-23 to watch matches, Dagenham on Saturday is £21 on the Turnstiles and their roof leaks like a twat!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    Pompey fan man and boy, was there for the rubbish times, the good times, the rubbish times again and now okay.  Held a season ticket in league one, championship and premiership but don't have one now with two kids, missing every other saturday is not feasible.  I don't buy shirts generally but that's because I'm a clothes elitist and wearing football shirts is a no-no : )

Southerners la-la-la.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    timmysoft said:

Even at non league level, i still frequently pay £18-23 to watch matches, Dagenham on Saturday is £21 on the Turnstiles and their roof leaks like a twat!

The final straw for me was when Exeter were in the Conference.  Can't remember exactly when but it was at least 10 years ago as Exeter were in the Conference.  I paid £14 to watch a mid-week game a Aldershot.  What it is now I don't know, but I'm not paying that kind of money to watch a non-league match.

I just found an article on ticket price inflation.  You could get into Arsenal for £9 in 1990.  Adjusting for inflation £9 in 1990 is worth £14.30 now.  You can't even get into a League 2 game for that.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited March 2018
    I gave up on my local team ages ago, as they are also money grabbing barstewards. I'd rather spend my money on guitars now, and at least have something to show for it. Why pay a fortune for average journeymen footballers to live like kings?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I'd rather not say in the current climate.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom