What Football Team Do You Support?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    Blackpool FC here, my home town, although I haven't been for decades, but still watch out for their scores.

In my late teens (late 1960's) I used to work on the turnstiles at Bloomfield Road - my then girlfriend's dad got me in.  We used to charge up until half-time, then they would open the gates.  We'd go and cash up, then could stay and watch the second half.

I remember one memorable occasion (1968? 69?) when at half time we were 3-0 up against Chelsea.  I went out to watch the second half, only to see them chuck it away and lose 4-3.  Happy days.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4840
    Boromedic said:
    Up the fecking Boro!!! If you hadn't guessed from my profile name.

Can't believe in 4 pages there's no other Boro fans yet!

I suppose in recent years I'm defined as a follower rather than Middlesbrough supporter due to logistics but I've been to many a game and bought shirts, watch them when I can on the TV.

I stood in the Holgate end as a kid, that was an eye opener for a young lad thats for sure, £6 and a Bovril and Offal pie, not bad! The fans have certainly changed their tune over the years, some of the stuff I used to hear was outrageous!! Followed them to the Riverside with Robson, stood in the stands the day Juninho was unveiled which was utterly insane. Watched Ravanelli tear up the Premier League, saw us finally lift a trophy in a major final (up yours Big Sam!). Then watched in amazement as we made 2 amazing comebacks and made the UEFA Cup final (couldn't go to the games unfortunately). What a rollercoaster ride all that was, unfortunately the wheels inevitably came off but what can you do. We punched above our weight for a while and paid the price.

We are back to where we belong now really, somewhere between the Premier League and Championship which is fine for me. Some fans are a tad unrealistic these days. Not had a bad season, was unsure of Monk and glad Gibson got rid, he has the reputation of being patient but has changed his tune of late ( I'm not a fan of sacking managers normally, but the game has changed somewhat). Pulis, despite the idiots on social media, has done a decent job. Got us organised, is picking players on merit and actually in position. Seems to be working as we are unbeaten in 5 now (and beat dirty Leeds recently!) making a late surge for the playoffs. Don't think we will win them but good end to the season and next year we will take an automatic spot hopefully. We shall see!!

UTFB!!!

I too have a soft spot for Boro since my University days at Liverpool in the late 90's. My housemate was from Boro and a mad fan; I experienced the highs and lows he went through during those years. I also managed to understand his accent after a few weeks, it was so strong. I saw them play once. I went with my mate to see Everton v Boro and sat with the blues fans at the Gladys Road Road end. Gazza was playing for Boro; he was tragic and they were thrashed 5-0. My mate had to hide his disgust in the middle of all the celebrating Everton fan. I still look out for their results.

I'm a Liverpool supporter though I only get to the odd game every couple of years these days. I used to go with my Dad and brother a lot in the early 90's - we were at the game when we last won the league, beating QPR 2-1. Twenty eight bloody years ago, sob.

I also follow my hometown team in the League of Wales, Newtown. Haven't seen them play for a few years and feel guilty about it.

Cool! Yeah my accent has diminished over the years, a keen ear can pick it out but when I first moved to the midlands I may as well have come from another planet the way some folk looked at me.... I think quite a few folk have a soft spot for us for some reason, which is nice. Plus we've generally always got on with the red and blue sides of Liverpool. I thought our fans showed real class during the 20th anniversary of Hillsborough remembrance when we played you in the FA Cup too. All my mates were also Liverpool supporters growing up (for obvious reasons!), so I like to see them doing well. Hoping you can take the league title once again soon, fingers crossed.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom