anyone on here shoot?

What's Hot
stedsted Frets: 259
As in sporting, not people or drugs!

always thought it very elitist but I'm amazed how very normal people do it and and how many disciplines there are. 
Sticking with clays for now though, not sure about the whole game scene just yet.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Pellets and tin cans.....many years ago I went with my cousin once using a bolt action 410 shotgun....I quite fancy trying it again ..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Raised on a farm so done a fair bit, not much since I became urbanised other than the odd clay session. I enjoy it (clays rather than game - I’m not rich / good enough for that) but it’s very rare these days. 
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    0.22 bolt action rifles as a young teenager. I rather enjoyed it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3628
    Did a bit of field target with air rifles back in the day and a bit of clays, very enjoyable.

FWIW I wouldn't shoot living creatures but as long as the dead game is eaten I certainly have no objection to others doing it.

Apart from air rifles any shooting sports can be a bit pricey though, and you are right, shooting is a very democratic sport now. 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I shoot air rifles, have hunted rabbits, pigeon and squirrel for the pot for years and also do rat clearance for people. It is my main hobby second to guitar playing.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15544
    used to do a lot of rifle shooting, but unlocked towers and book depositories are becoming harder to find, so nowadays stick mostly to drive by's. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27621
    I didn't bother with the shotgun  licence because this dealt with the excess rabbits, pigeons, rats, squirrels ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Wabbit.jpg 1.5M
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Never. MrsTheWeary did some when she lived in Arkansas ( I think it was obligatory along with listening to country music) so I’ve sometimes thought of finding some kind of shooting experience for a birthday but I’ve had no idea where to start. 
    My sister had a boyfriend who was in team GB ( or whatever it was called then) shooting stuff in the Olympics but that was a long time ago. I seem to remember her finding it a very dull spectator sport. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Bought an AA prosport ( springer ) last year , and have enjoyed some hunter field target at a couple of local places , would like to shoot clays again but it becomes quite spendy , my mates lad took me on one of his permissions it was a great day out and something for the pot , which was nice ....
    Why dont dropbox links work without right click view image  ( it creates a link for forums , id settle for the link to click )  ... bah
    TTony said:
    I didn't bother with the shotgun  licence because this dealt with the excess rabbits, pigeons, rats, squirrels ...

Very nice , is that a daystate / weihrauch tony ?

TTony said:

Nice, I do like Weihrauch's. I have an HW95K that I've just spent a fortune customising. I will also take possession of a Daystate Huntsman Regal next week, fully left handed as I was fed up compromising with ambidextrous rifles with right hand bolts. Really looking forward to receiving it and adding on my night vision scope for a bit of night time rat shooting.

west said:
    Bought an AA prosport ( springer ) last year , and have enjoyed some hunter field target at a couple of local places , would like to shoot clays again but it becomes quite spendy , my mates lad took me on one of his permissions it was a great day out and something for the pot , which was nice ....
    No doubt the best looking springer on the market, I had one but had to sell it as I'm a lefty shooter and it was just too uncomfortable to shoot left handed, if they decided to produce them left handed (there are a few out there but very rare) I would have one in a heartbeat! My TX200 lefty is a nice rifle to shoot but quite heavy. Is yours walnut?
    Ah looks like hw100 then ,  i looked at the hw97  but went with the prosport dont think theres much in it ...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27621
    west said:
    Ah looks like hw100 then 
    Yup, that's mine @west.

I'm left-eyed, but right-handed, so it works nicely. 

It's gathered a bit of dust over the winter, but the rabbits have re-appeared recently, so it'll be getting put to use again now.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    Yeah, I’m applying for my license now I’ve left the forces. I miss target shooting and I’m after a 308 or 338. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    zepp76 said:

west said:
    No doubt the best looking springer on the market, I had one but had to sell it as I'm a lefty shooter and it was just too uncomfortable to shoot left handed, if they decided to produce them left handed (there are a few out there but very rare) I would have one in a heartbeat! My TX200 lefty is a nice rifle to shoot but quite heavy. Is yours walnut?
    yep zep its a beautiful walnut stock i'm going to oil it soon  , but its a heavy beast , 5 hrs walking round church stretton with it did me in lol ... b.t.w im sure ive seen some nice aftermarket l/h stocks somewhere thumbhole too .
    west said:
    zepp76 said:

west said:
    yep zep its a beautiful walnut stock i'm going to oil it soon  , but its a heavy beast , 5 hrs walking round church stretton with it did me in lol ... b.t.w im sure ive seen some nice aftermarket l/h stocks somewhere thumbhole too .
    They are heavy aren't they, a sling is a must if you're in the field for more than a few hours! There are custom left hand stocks for the prosport but it's still a right handed loading port which makes it difficult for me being cack handed. 
    Ah of course , i forgot about the loading part of it ... my prosport has a sling but it still did me in lol  , getting old ....