Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    That's certainly the idea now.

I was thinking of it for emergencies only - it hadn't occurred to me that there are recreational applications too. Thanks!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844

This morning, I had my first shit after my operation! I can honestly say it was the most painful shit of my life, sat on the khazi, holding my wound whilst straining and wailing. Childbirth? Pfft!

I just thought you should know.

mrs f hates it when I tell of her cancer stories, but she said the 1st shit after her surgery (which was 8 hours long, involved moving most of her lower organs around, cutting off a lump of her bowel and left her with a 10" scar) was by a factor of at least a million the most painful part of the whole process.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844
    and in other news, I'm on day 2 of relearning the guitar. I'm still shit, but noticeable less shit than I was yesterday.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2043

I have in my grubby possession (or will do when my wife gets home*) the contract that officially confirms I no longer have to worry about where my next freelance contract comes from.  I've only gone and re-joined the rat race.  But like rats I'm a sociable creature and working from home, in my shed was driving me to distraction.  I'd happily trade a few hours commuting for the chance to be around people older than 5. 

*My wife works for the company I'm going back to.  The same company that I worked at for 18 years before being made redundant 5 years ago.  It's complicated. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573

Congrates Jules, and all the best with the new/old job. Regular income means more frequent NGD/NPD/NAD's we hope.

edited August 2013
    dindude said:

Congrates Jules, and all the best with the new/old job. Regular income means more frequent NGD/NPD/NAD's we hope.

@dindude Oh yes indeedy.  I would really like to treat myself to Shugz's '69 goldtop (re-fin), but have been reminded in no uncertain terms that it is not a priority even if it is from my birth year; we're having £50k worth of house extension, involving a remortgage, so I suppose Mrs Toot may have a point.  I'm allowed an iPad though...

This morning, I had my first shit after my operation! I can honestly say it was the most painful shit of my life, sat on the khazi, holding my wound whilst straining and wailing. Childbirth? Pfft!

I just thought you should know.

Probably the wrong thread for that post :)

@chilidoggy Get a bottle of lactolose. Costs about £3, tastes nice and will make your life a lot less painful.

I second that (e)motion: it's supposed to be the business.

I'll get my coat. 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Senakot. That's all I'm going to say.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Went to Brighton today.

In GAK, I had a spin on one of those 30-fret RGs (horrible), and a Tele Custom (fantastic... bet you weren't expecting that!). And in the various record shops around there, I picked up the following:

Sylosis - Edge of the Earth
    Wildhearts - Earth vs the Wildhearts
    Joe Pass - Virtuoso
    Funkadelic - Motor City Madness compilation

And the crown jewel, which I'd been looking for for quite some time - "Songs About Fucking" by Big Black. Brilliant album.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    I played Rocksmith again for the first time in ages and didn't completely suck at it. Also I had two letters from HMRC. One said they owed me £10.80 and the other was a cheque for 10.80.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    Senakot. That's all I'm going to say.
    That is exactly what you don't want!
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    First 'new girlfriend' post of mine on the new 'smily happy thread' ;) 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Holnrette starts work on Tuesday. I should be getting some temp work soon, albeit 12 hour shifts at minimum wage with only two 15 minute breaks, but I need experience and can't be fussy.
    My V key is broken
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Holn that's fantastic news. Congratumalations

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I picked up Guy Pratt's book "My Bass and Other Animals" this afternoon. Pretty good :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

2-0 win for mr beloved West Ham makes me feel all happy.

Also, just had Pizza for dinner, and have enough left for breakfast (Ok lunch) tomorrow.

Getting ready to go to the rock Jam in Cambridge with the frankly awesomes @bigjon

All in all a pretty good day

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Oh, I did home made lamb burgers and chips - I was reading the above book while waiting for the burgers to finish.

Served with garlic bread and champagne :D
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    Lixarto said:
    I picked up Guy Pratt's book "My Bass and Other Animals" this afternoon. Pretty good :)
    Great book. 

He's played with some awesome people and is an all round lucky bastard. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Had a Facebook chat with Bernie Tormé last night, about uileann pipes :D
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    Roast lamb with sweet potatoes, broccoli, sweetcorn and the last of my cranberry cider for dinner.  Added bonus - plenty of lamb left for tomorrows lunch!