Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10773
    Nice :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    Yesterday, I played a "gig".

That's the first time that I've been able to say that for 31 years.

It wasn't a big gig, it was only a musical distraction to a BBQ party, but I'm still claiming it.

Sounds & Video here (should you be feeling both brave and bored on a Sunday evening).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15860
    awesome tt, good work

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    VimFuego said:
    awesome tt, good work
    Thank you sir.  

I did quite enjoy it.  Probably best if I don't leave it another 31 years before the next one.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    +1.

I shall check out that footage when Mrs Z isn't watching "Young Guns".
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • TTony said:
    Yesterday, I played a "gig".

That's the first time that I've been able to say that for 31 years.

It wasn't a big gig, it was only a musical distraction to a BBQ party, but I'm still claiming it.

Sounds & Video here (should you be feeling both brave and bored on a Sunday evening).
    'Twas fine :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    I'm allowed out to a blues jam tonight, hurrah!!!!

And you played like a magician >:D<

Still, it would have been less fun if I hadn't fucked up Black Magic Woman, It was only about the 3rd time I'd played it, and the first in about 5 years.....

:| :((

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Thank you for the compliment and it really wasn't your fault, the bassist didn't know the basic structure of that song or the 2 others, and there's no way two guitarists can stubbornly play the right thing against a deaf bassist, so we both had to go with what he was doing, the cretin. Anyway the important thing is we played, and we learned some truly disgusting and offensive jokes from @photek. :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @Viz, I didn't help that I got the Am7 and Gm7 the wrong way round..... 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

A7 ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Just as well I started playing A5 then........

:)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    I prefer to start off big - A0 or A1 at least. It does mean having a plotter on my pedalboard, but it's worth it. I mean you could fit A5 in a coat pocket - that's not rock n roll at all.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    viz said:
    A7 ;)

Not to piss on your fireworks or anything, but having checked, it seems I was right* (Am7)........

*I'm making the most, as it doesn't happen too often

:D

Well it's A with a dom 7th (ie with a maj 3rd and a minor 7th), so not Am7 which would be a minor 3rd and a minor 7th. At least that's what the keyboard plays, carlos noodles all over the chords playing any number of major and minor notes.

Ah, I have a transcription which lists as Am7. I shall probably stick with A7 no 3rd for safety sake >:D<

Incase it gets thrown at me again in another 5 years

Yeah I often do that! Though going from Asus4 to A7 works v nicely.

Yep, I did try a couple of A7sus4 chords last night.

Having a good bassist would have definetly  helped last night too....

He was playing the notes in the correct order, but they weren't the right ones.
    I might have had the same issues..........