Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• jmasterjmaster Frets: 19
    Today, having just got back from sailing on the solent, I am getting ready to move to London town next week (OH MY FUCKING GOD it's in a week)

This is a good thing, because it will be fun. As long as I don't die of malnutrition. Or of getting shot in Kilburn.
    "have a good time, all the time" Spinal Tap
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    When I got to this afternoon, and realised I hadn't finished the work I should have done. #-o
    that's what next week is for
    >:D<

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    And recently I've been much less mean and abusive than usual.

I thought you were flirting
    :-S

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    dindude;23967" said:
    I've just accepted a job offer and resigned from my present job, always find resigning strangely liberating. New package is a good 50% increase. Well pleased.
    Excellent! I think that makes it GAS o'clock ;)

In fiddle-land, I'm picking up the new car tomorrow, then flying home for a wedding on Friday. Can't wait to see some rain again!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    Yes, I think I do need a new-job-purchase, you are a wise man. As for rain, we've changed things around a bit since you've been away, hope you don't mind, but we now go for extended periods of sunshine with the occasion tropical downpour. It's working quite well.
    @Bigjon is borrowing my Strat for a jam night tomorrow. It'll be nice to hear it played by a proper guitarist/musician :)

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    stickyfiddle said: Can't wait to see some rain again!!
    Good luck with that.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    Lixarto said:
    stickyfiddle said: Can't wait to see some rain again!!
    Good luck with that.
    We're going to be in Edinburgh, so I have high hopes. Anythign less than 25 degrees would be wonderful..!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Ah, you didn't say it was Scotland. Carry on :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • I are have finished the paperwork :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself

Bigjon played my Strat, Sarah, this evening. I will say it was awesomes to hear what my guitar sounds like as a listener, rather than concentrating on what's being played.:D

It was also great to hear it being played properly, for a change 

• vizviz Frets: 10775
    edited September 2013
    Lol - and how was the evening in general? Did you play?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.

@Viz ; T'was a good evening all round. Yep I played, less badly than last week too. I was happy with the second solo I played. It was certainly better than the first one, well less jazz notes anyway.... ;)

Having Jon on guitar and Kev on bass definitly helped

Nice one!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.

You were right about having a good bassist, although having a good other guitarist helps too

It most certainly does!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a very lovely birthday, yesterday. We went to watch a free polo event.... think horses not mints ;-) They also had an awesome medieval jousting display. :D
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    In volkswagens??
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That would have been ace :-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28006

Just back from taking the dogs for a run in the back garden *...

* Technically, it's the farmer's field the other side of the back garden fence, but we don't mind sharing as long as he keeps it mown nicely.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.