Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TTony said:

Just back from taking the dogs for a run in the back garden *...

* Technically, it's the farmer's field the other side of the back garden fence, but we don't mind sharing as long as he keeps it mown nicely.

I recognise that as the way to the magpie if you walk across the field from the back of Nobby's place :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @TTony - excellent taste in canine companions, Sir!
  • Just bought some shopping and it turns out my bottle of Diet Coke has my (real) name on it! Quite pleasing.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Just bought some shopping and it turns out my bottle of Diet Coke has my (real) name on it! Quite pleasing.
    Your real name is...Aspartame..?!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Your real name is...Aspartame..?!
    Of course not! Although something of a suprise that coke print bottles with Oi Fat Bastard on them...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29194
    I am still recovering from a bit of a shock this morning - I'd booked a plumber, and he actually turned up and did all the jobs he was meant to. This does not correlate strongly with my general experience of plumbers.

I await the bill with interest. Not the financial sense of interest. Just to be clear.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    And presumably not the platypus sense of bill?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29194
    You are spot on.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Phew!! Relief all round ...
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • nor even the "old" sense of bill ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • software for latest product is put to bed. Filed in the release dept, with a release note & everything stashed on the server :)
  • My mum had a heart-related "incident" on Saturday and got whisked into hospital but they've let her out this afternoon and apart from tiredness 'cos you can't sleep in a hospital she says she feels "fine". My sister went yesterday, stayed overnight at mum's, and will stay for tonight returning home tomorrow assuming no further trubble. Natch, had I been told it were serious, I'd have gone too, but this seems to have been one more in a list of incidents that have been occurring since mum was a little girl...
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I'm glad you've got a lid on things Phil :)

In other news, I'm writing a sonnet for the first time in about four years.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28042
    Local garage fixed my old workhorse car with three cable ties this morning.

Stealer would have charged close to £400 for parts, probably half that for labour, plus VAT.

I had to persuade the garage to take a tenner.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    tFB Trader
    Nat West offered to shift my existing credit balance to a new card with 0% then when I took the card out they told me they couldn't actually shift the balance because it was a Mint card which is also RBS (I specifically asked this at the time). As a result I asked them to cancel the card which they completely failed to do. 

So far so "Boils My Piss", but I recently discovered it is a "reward points"based card which has been earning me points despite my never having used it (or even activated it). As a result I just claimed £25 despite not having used the card for anything :D

Also NAD!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    TTony said:
    Local garage fixed my old workhorse car with three cable ties this morning.

Stealer would have charged close to £400 for parts, probably half that for labour, plus VAT.

I had to persuade the garage to take a tenner.
    Sounds like the good old windscreen wiper mechanism fix? Vectra?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Front door?
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    engine mount?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hubcap? Roof?
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    flange?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom