Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10778

Absolutely delighted to announce that I've just renewed our home insurance and see that I'm insured for up to 85K for damage to frozen food and 10 Million quid for damage to my domestic staff.

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    You have domestic staff? And frozen food?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    are one's outdoor staff also covered?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17918
    tFB Trader
    viz said:

Absolutely delighted to announce that I've just renewed our home insurance and see that I'm insured for up to 85K for damage to frozen food and 10 Million quid for damage to my domestic staff.

If you slaughter and freeze disobedient staff for later consumption and then a power failure causes them to be spoiled, how much are you covered for?
    These things always skip over the details.
  • are there any contents policies that don't have such a stupidy high excess as to require you to have lost a whole freezer full of lobsters before you can claim for lost food in a power cut or that don't clobber you if you do have to claim?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:
    are one's outdoor staff also covered?
    Yours are probably in the freezer....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Outdoor staff are covered by the shed insurance which is on a separate policy.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    edited September 2013

One of our lovely ladies has, this morning told me that she'll miss me when I'm on holiday after thursday next week. As, "You're nice, and the sensible one".

And, I've only got until thursday lunchtime left to work this month..

• New Simon's Cat video. :)

today I chopped 4 kilos of green toms, 1.5 kilos of onions (I may have blubbed at one point) and half a kilo of courgettes in preparation for making chutney on the morrow. I now have two large mixing bowls filled with the mixture covered in salt. Think I'm gonna have a lot of chutney this year.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Just been sent the pre-mastered version of basement jaxx's new song - I'm on it for all of 14 seconds hahahaha - it's just a little guitar solo near the end. Sounds pretty freaky though which I'm really pleased about :)

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Good work that Viz >:D<
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have just finished coding (in PIC assembler) the code that makes our "I/O board" use the message protocol that I designed earlier this year. The protocol is in use on another product, and I was instructed to do an upgrade for this product. Natch, we have to prove that it works, but not having written any PIC assembler before it's nice to think that I've now got something ready for testing.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29194
    I have had my new Nexus 4 for just shy of a week now and heart it very much. It's got glass on the back! On the freakin' back! What a world we live in.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17918
    tFB Trader
    I went to the shop and bought some smaller trousers :D
  • I went to the shop and bought some smaller trousers :D
    Your son is growing up quick ;)

mrs f fancied a pasty (cheese and onion as she is weird vegetarian folk) but our local bakers was shut today, so for the 1st time I had a bash at making some. Even though I say so myself, they were pretty damn excellent, though richer than you normally buy.

I may be needing bigger trousers after them.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Amazing.
  • Got my £352 insurance claim for a replacement winscreen on the Hire Car reimbursed this week. Phew! not a pleasant experience but a pleasant outcome nonetheless.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.