Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• @TTony brought my T shirts round (personal delivery eh?). They're nice, I like them, and if anyone asks about the colour, it's CHARCOAL GREY.

Looked in the mirror ... hmmmm I shall have to lose weight, they fit, but if I get any fatter they won't 
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Every time I do a stir-fry, I think what an excellent idea is the Wok. Even if the inventor is a chinese who's been dead for 3000 years, I'll buy him a pint.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I got back to work today, first thing asked was "How did the hospital go?" made me feel kinda loved...

I got to work today and found a package on my desk. It contained 2 Tshirts....

And I still got a load of Cornwallish fudge to eat

:D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27868
    Sometimes it's the little things...

Haircut today. First time in a new place in a new country. Mildly terrifying, but it went well :)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Sometimes it's the little things...

Yep, it is.

Moreso, when the girl who asked, specifically came to ask me.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    MOT day success. The same "front brake disks pitted and worn" warning that I got in 2010 and every MOT since for the same car. Focus brakes are immortal!
    But you're not, so let's hope they don't fail before the next MOT. ;)
  • After all the (slightly heated) technical arguments from my colleague - who has changed his mind about the interface between his code and mine several times but won't admit it and who insisted yesterday that his proposed method was the only sensible one ...

... this morning when I got in he said "I've been thinking about what you said yesterday and I reckon it's the right way to go". I can't say that he won't change his mind again tomorrow, but for now it feels good that I just made my case without getting wound up (although sometimes I do get wound up, but not this time), and logic prevails! ;)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I just heard a vocal harmony in "Second Hand News" by Fleetwood Mac that I've never heard before, despite having listened to the song many times. It's at 2:00 here, panned to the right. It's quite quiet, try it with headphones.

Brilliant.

Now listening to Songbird. I just love Rumours.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."

I has laptop back.

The motherboard went south on a 6 month old 'puter. All fixed now.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28086
    edited October 2013
    On the beach this morning ...

Those colours may not look natural ... but the shot is as it came off the camera.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29214
    Lady BMcH wants to know if she can have the one on the left.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28086
    edited October 2013
    Sporky said:
    She'd have to fight Mrs TT.

It wouldn't end well.

Believe it or not, the one on the left and the one in the middle are brothers.  Just 2 years between them.

[edit]
    Just realised that you cant really see the one in the middle to see ow different the two of them are.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17942
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    Is that the one she reckons has the most eatin on it?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29214
    She's not a monster!

Well, not that sort of monster.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I have just rescued two ladybirds from the inside of our office window. How they got in I have no idea but they're both sitting on the windowledge outside now, and are probably thinking about doing whatever ladybirds usually do with their time.
    Not only is it friday, but we've had cakes. Mostly as I'm awesomes and got some last night :D

• vizviz Frets: 10780
    You got some? With whom?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    At work, tea and cakes. MMM.MMM.MMM.

• Got into the habit of skimming the scum off the top of my coffee. Its amazing how much better it tastes without the calcium carbonate from the kettle. Even Nescafe Gold tastes almost drinkable.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    Good Weekend, three coats of preservative on the drive gates. Three pints and a meal in the local pub saturday evening. 3.5 mile walk and a couple of pints in the pub Sunday lunchtime.

Yep good things seem to come in threes.