Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10781
    ;)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2013
    Damnation, double post. Have to think of something else to say. But can't.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    May I suggest a better joke?
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Heh heh :)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Found out my Gibson V's birthday - input the serial number to the Guitar Dater Project site and found it was made in the Nashville plant on the 28th of January, 2009. Don't know why that makes me happy, but it sort of does.

Also used a Fender one for my dad's Burgundy Mist Strat, which we both thought was from the mid-2000s - turns out it's from 1998-9.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17948
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    I managed BISCUIT once. The BISC bit of it was even quite sensible and appropriate.
    In one of our APIs at work we have a FEC Off call. 
  • I just got a SOAP client communicating with a SOAP server that communicates to my program. Previously I had a test program which pretended to be a SOAP server to exercise that interface. I hoiked lumps of code out of the test program and called them from the SOAP server. And they worked :)
    Today I removed the printfs from the code that glues the server to the public interface of my program, and halved the average turnround time of a SOAP request, streamlined the server building mechanism, and exercised the dummy client on a machine other than the one the rest of the software runs on - so now we see it working as it should, on separate machines. And the turnround time is not bad either :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15923
    I've just eaten one of the best tasting apples ever. From a tree in our little orchard. No idea what the variety is, and they look very unappealing, but when you eat them fantastic. Really sweet, with an almost honey like flavour and a citrus under flavour. We have 3 tree of this variety, the oldest of which must be 50+ years old, so I suspect they're an old Devon variety. Keep meaning to go up to Rosemoor when they have an apple day up there, see if they can identify it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one Vim :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    VimFuego said:
    I've just eaten one of the best tasting apples ever. From a tree in our little orchard. No idea what the variety is, and they look very unappealing, but when you eat them fantastic. Really sweet, with an almost honey like flavour and a citrus under flavour.
    I'm not exactly an expert but from the sounds of it what you have is a lemon that a bee has weed on.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    yum, beewee.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    VimFuego said:
    I've just eaten one of the best tasting apples ever. From a tree in our little orchard. No idea what the variety is, and they look very unappealing, but when you eat them fantastic. Really sweet, with an almost honey like flavour and a citrus under flavour. We have 3 tree of this variety, the oldest of which must be 50+ years old, so I suspect they're an old Devon variety. Keep meaning to go up to Rosemoor when they have an apple day up there, see if they can identify it.
    If you have a rare 50 year old apple tree you should try are propagate from it. Using the fruit from the tree is notoriously unreliable for apples (as I'm sure you are aware they grow but not necessarily as the same variety). So lots of cuttings or use a young sapling (apple preferably) and splice/graft a cutting from the old tree onto it to ensure you get more of the same. I would imagine that would be quite satisfying and rewarding. having someone identify it is a good call too.

oddly enuff, I have been trying to find if there are people out there who sell retail quantities of root stocks. If you know anyone, be good to know.

VimFuego said:
    oddly enuff, I have been trying to find if there are people out there who sell retail quantities of root stocks. If you know anyone, be good to know.
    The only people I know of are Walcot Nursary over that side of the country and I've never bought anything from them myself. I think a search on apple rootstock will reveal a decent selection and then have a punt.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    ESBlonde said:
    If you have a rare 50 year old apple tree you should try are propagate from it.

You sick f*cker. I suppose I should be thankful it's not a 13 year old tree.
    ESBlonde said:
    If you have a rare 50 year old apple tree you should try are propagate from it.

You sick f*cker. I suppose I should be thankful it's not a 13 year old tree.
    Look it gives me wood OK!

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Happy because My Bloody Valentine.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29224
    Bucket said:
    Happy because My Bloody Valentine.
    Film or band?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17948
    tFB Trader
    I'm under 16 stone for the first time in about ten years. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    what's his name?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom