Picard (contains spoilers)

What's Hot

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3889
    Yes far better than I expected. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1809
    I do think Pat Stewart is back bringing his A-game and it looks to be a great story arc way better than I expected to.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    LuttiS said:

Are they living in a Borg cube at the end?

Yes .. it's a Borg cube. This is a thread with a spoiler warning .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • kurokuro Frets: 26
    Thoroughly enjoyed that, watched it with a bit of relief that it was so good. It's also made me realise how much stuff I binge watch now though.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    I quite like that some things are still one-a-week, because it means you can interleave them easily into a packed schedule of binge watching.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1768
    It was like welcoming back a friend you've not seen for years but despite the time that had passed it felt like you'd never been apart.

Except they've now moved onto Decaf tea........
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12336
    Fretwired said:
    LuttiS said:

Are they living in a Borg cube at the end?

Yes .. it's a Borg cube. This is a thread with a spoiler warning .. :-)

Will be very interesting how that pans out, given Picard's history with the Borg.

In the novel series, the Borg have by the new show's setting been removed from the galaxy through almost-literal Deus Ex Machina, however, they are unlikely to feel bound by this - maybe the collective is still out there?

The last we know from the show of the Borg is that Voyager destroyed their Transwarp network while returning to Earth, and killed the Queen (though she dies all the time).

No sign of Alice Krige on the cast list for THIS series of Picard though - maybe series two?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27700

No sign of Alice Krige on the cast list for THIS series of Picard though - maybe series two?
    Honestly if she (or at least the character) is going to be in it I would expect them to move heaven and earth to keep it a secret. I don't mind if it ends up being the endgame after 2.5 seasons.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

Honestly if she (or at least the character) is going to be in it I would expect them to move heaven and earth to keep it a secret. I don't mind if it ends up being the endgame after 2.5 seasons.

Would explain the synths going crazy wouldn't it...? ;)
    Someone else is rumoured to be back .. the was a sneak peek at his glove in a pic .. ;-)

Q

Fretwired said:
    Someone else is rumoured to be back .. the was a sneak peek at his glove in a pic .. ;-)

Q

Five Queens suggest it...
  • Watched the first two with MrsTheWeary as she has the interest in this. 
    If that vineyard is actually in France I’ll eat my beret. Poor dog with it’s clipped ears. 
    That aside it’s thoughtful and complex and although I find much about the Star Trek franchise to be a bit hokey I found it interesting enough to ignore all those bits. Stewart is very watchable, I’d watch him read the phone book ( or holophone book as the writers of Picard think that putting the word holo in front of everything makes it sound more futuristic). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Episode two was good .. its darker than TNG and the f-word wasn't necessary. Worth watching ..

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6414
    Ep 2 has a LOT of plot to keep up with - might rewatch it.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1397
    i liked episode one, but two was just a load of cop show mystery babble and angry conversations.

"you were a good cop, Jean-Luc, but now you're too old! i can't put you back out on the streets"
    "but chief i gotta lead! gimme a gun and a badge"

etc.
  • Just came across this clip of outtakes from the new Picard series.

I think this gives a real insight to the mindset of the cast & crew during filming. Interesting.

• ....aaand, as I suspected, episode 3 shows us exactly why two Romulan ex-secret-agents are working as "housekeepers" on Picard's vineyard.

One thing seems out of place is that the Federation appears to have turned into a matriarchy. Which seems rather odd, given everything else that's happened in the timeline (that we know about).
    <space for hire>
  • Just watched number 3 and I am enjoying it. I do agree that setting the historical context with a feature-length opener gives you much better context as you move through the storyline rather than spending episode 3 backtracking through past events that shape the current narrative. maybe I just like my storylines linear LOL.

Do wish I could binge the whole season
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Watched three episodes so far and I am disappointed with the slow pace, lack of action, poor story line and most of all  Patrick Stewart's geriatric  acting.

Only Geri Ryan can rescue this now.

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1397
    Wolfetone said:
    Watched three episodes so far and I am disappointed with the slow pace, lack of action, poor story line and most of all  Patrick Stewart's geriatric  acting.

Only Geri Ryan can rescue this now.

i think the writing/direction/whatever is just weak, with little care or understanding as to who Picard was and what he represented. every dialog scene (of which there have been too many!) feels like they only did one take or something. except the picard/data scenes in ep1, they were great.