Picard (contains spoilers)

What's Hot
1101112131416»

Comments

• RabsRabs Frets: 2627
    tFB Trader
    I managed to not watch it for three weeks and watched the last three last night..  What a great series this was.... 

It seems obvious they are going to do a Captain Seven and Jack Crusher series....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12336
    Rabs said:
    I managed to not watch it for three weeks and watched the last three last night..  What a great series this was.... 

It seems obvious they are going to do a Captain Seven and Jack Crusher series....
    Matalas the showrunner very much wants to, but he hasn't been given a green light yet.

No Seven, Jack and Raffi with Q on the Enterprise-G yet, sadly...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27698
    Just like SNW it will come. They’re leaving easy money on the table if they don’t 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Just like SNW it will come. They’re leaving easy money on the table if they don’t 

I love SNW and was basically praying for it after those characters appeared in Discovery Season 2 - and it worked out that time.

Star Trek has been a longer serving, more loyal friend than any other I've ever had.

A bit sad really, but hey.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    There was one thing I was confused about though watching the last few episodes.....

What happened to Dr Jurati?????   Surely she would have had something to do with this or could have stopped it?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27082
    Rabs said:
    There was one thing I was confused about though watching the last few episodes.....

What happened to Dr Jurati?????   Surely she would have had something to do with this or could have stopped it?
    It's the Batman Problem. When you've got Cuddly Borg in your corner, there's no credible threat left...so you just have to pretend they're not there at all in order to maintain the illusion of a credible conflict.
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:

It's the Batman Problem. When you've got Cuddly Borg in your corner, there's no credible threat left...so you just have to pretend they're not there at all in order to maintain the illusion of a credible conflict.
    That was exactly my thought..   Are they just going to ignore the last two seasons? 

I guess in a way this was almost more of a Next Generation reboot rather than being just Picard based like the first two seasons.

Hey.. Im not complaining, loved it  :)  
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5893
    That whole series was made with so much love for the Trek journey so far. So many beautiful little touches, from using screen graphics from Uhura’s station on the Enterprise in the original film to my absolute favourite, having Walter voice Anton Checkov in honour of Anton Yelchin. 

I really hope we see something born from this that’s as bold and brave as Discovery has been. 
    Rabs said:

In universe, the Jurati Borg were basically one huge ship grown over centuries and that had been touring the galaxy rescuing lost souls.  That ship is presumably still guarding the spatial rift a long way from Earth.

Presumably there were numerous people who would have reached Earth to help in a few days, notably the Klingons (not far from Earth) the Vulcans (who still have their own small fleet) and of course the rest of Starfleet.  Not everyone can come to the party, somebody still needs to be on patrol...

They seem to have had hours though, not enough time for anyone to get to Earth except the Ent D at the seemingly very local fleet museum, presumably no more than a couple of hours at warp 9.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24844

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Absolute genius. And, frankly, if I'd suddenly figured out how to drift the Enterprise round corners, I'd probably be grinning too.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    At the end of this week I am going to watch all 10 episodes in a row..   Quite looking forward to it  :)  
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5893
    Rabs said:

In universe, the Jurati Borg were basically one huge ship grown over centuries and that had been touring the galaxy rescuing lost souls.  That ship is presumably still guarding the spatial rift a long way from Earth.

Presumably there were numerous people who would have reached Earth to help in a few days, notably the Klingons (not far from Earth) the Vulcans (who still have their own small fleet) and of course the rest of Starfleet.  Not everyone can come to the party, somebody still needs to be on patrol...

They seem to have had hours though, not enough time for anyone to get to Earth except the Ent D at the seemingly very local fleet museum, presumably no more than a couple of hours at warp 9.
    I don’t think there is any sense to made of the plot ride in series three. 
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4696
    Still confused about the Borg Queen. She was killed in season 2, but carried on inside Jurati, so should not even have been on the Borg cube.
    Unless of course the queen nano bots, eventually destroyed Jurati and the body reverted back to itself. Then transformed the Borg spaceship back into a cube???????

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27698
    I’m gonna go with “ignore all of seasons 1 & 2 because they were pish”
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Still confused about the Borg Queen. She was killed in season 2, but carried on inside Jurati, so should not even have been on the Borg cube.
    Unless of course the queen nano bots, eventually destroyed Jurati and the body reverted back to itself. Then transformed the Borg spaceship back into a cube???????

The only Borg queen killed in season two was from an alternate universe... where the evil Federation killed off the collective with a biological weapon.

In OUR universe, future Admiral Janeway from the future good Federation... err... destroyed the Borg's transwarp network and planted a biological weapon that destroyed the collective... 

In theory freeing many billions of Borg but as it turns out forcing what was left of the Queen to build a mega-cube with all the remaining resources she had as a revenge plot alongside some changelings who were also pissed off...

...because the victorious good Federation militarily drove their fleet from the Alpha quadrant and forced a surrender using... a biological weapon developed by Section 31.

A bit like in Discovery where the Klingons were on top in a war with the Federation... so the Federation planted a planet destroying bomb and used it to blackmail them into a change in government.

So basically... don't fuck with Starfleet because they get a lot less cuddly real quick...
    edited April 2023

As far as I know, the lore is that there is one queen for the whole of the Borg. When Jurati merged with the queen, she was no longer the queen for the real Borg, just the Cuddly Borg - so another was made by loading the original's consciousness into another host.

But...
    I’m gonna go with “ignore all of seasons 1 & 2 because they were pish”
    ...yes.
    <space for hire>
    As far as I know, the lore is that there is one queen for the whole of the Borg. When Jurati merged with the queen, she was no longer the queen for the real Borg, just the Cuddly Borg - so another was made by loading the original's consciousness into another host.
    Voyager muddied the waters a bit on this.

In First Contact, Alice Krige's Queen was like the manifestation of the Borg collective, basically the personification of the allure of the sinister side of it, the conquest and killing, and the seduction of "perfection" - she apparently had sex with Data but let's gloss over that.

Basically any cube could assemble the Queen based on need, so she was with Locutus on the cube near Earth but obviously couldn't die, as they lost a cube, nothing more.

In Voyager, she not only seems to be an individual who is basically killed in "Endgame" but she is also from a specific species.  She changes actress to Susannah Thompson a few times, mainly because of Krige's availability and cost.

Voyager also pointed out that the Cube sent BACK to the Delta Quadrant Starfleet officers and even a child assimilated at Wolf 359... and sort of also implies the Queen skipped out as well.  This changes and renders more sinister the Wolf 359 story from the battle we see in Emissary... no doubt numerous escape pods left those ships, but the Borg scooped up a chunk of them and assimilated those on-board, including families from the ships (take your kids into battle why don't you...)

In Picard, we have had two Queens, the alternate universe Queen, all that is left of the Borg in her time where Picard's evil empire have destroyed them.  She merges with Jurati after her death and they go off to gather lost souls, and give them a choice to find solace in their new cuddly collective.  We can safely assume this was limited to the one mega-ship we saw in Picard S2.

Then we get the in-no-way Giger influenced Queen of Picard S3, very obviously what was left of the Queen after Admiral Janeway got to her in Voyager's finale.
    tFB Trader
    Just out of interest.. Seems like there is more coming....

https://i.imgur.com/Wwa56Nn.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Indeed.

A script is in the works, though far more likely for a TV movie than a theatrical one.

If they give it to Matalas, and it serves as a backdoor pilot for Legacy...