R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• Loves those 13/14 r8s @TINMAN82 ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiS said:
    JerkMoans said:
    FWIW if anyone is hell bent on a dirty lemon, mine's going back to GG tomorrow...
    Of all of them, i think yours was my favourite :) Shame its going back.
    Awww thanks for the kind words.

Imagine it more as ‘being re-released’ :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Been playing mine all night. Effing awesome. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Been playing mine all night. Effing awesome. 
    Nice one congrats
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    TINMAN82 said:
    A brief interlude from all the lovely 2017 washed cherries and iced teas, here’s a slightly more unusual 2013 R8 in “kindred burst”, basically a dark tobacco. Totally non vintage correct of course!

https://imgur.com/gallery/a8RUcTf

You say non-vintage correct, but I believe the Kindred Burst finish was based on Joe Perry's darkburst.
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    roberty said:
    mli3 said:
    My a string buzzing all the way along the fretboard, low and high notes... not what I’d expected reading all the posts here so far 
    Try loosening the truss rod a touch. If anything the neck will have shifted since factory setup
    I tried loosening the truss rod a bit but buzz still there and only happens on the A string. Any other ideas ? Really grating on me now grrrrr. 
    mli3 said:
    roberty said:
    mli3 said:
    My a string buzzing all the way along the fretboard, low and high notes... not what I’d expected reading all the posts here so far 
    Try loosening the truss rod a touch. If anything the neck will have shifted since factory setup
    I tried loosening the truss rod a bit but buzz still there and only happens on the A string. Any other ideas ? Really grating on me now grrrrr. 
    At the top of the neck or the bottom mate? By the nut is usually truss and at the top is usually bridge. Maybe the bridge needs raising a hair on the bass side. The two adjustments are interactive IME (someone with more knowledge feel free to correct)
    All along the neck really from fret 4 to 15 
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    edited September 2018
    Brize said:
    TINMAN82 said:
    A brief interlude from all the lovely 2017 washed cherries and iced teas, here’s a slightly more unusual 2013 R8 in “kindred burst”, basically a dark tobacco. Totally non vintage correct of course!

https://imgur.com/gallery/a8RUcTf

You say non-vintage correct, but I believe the Kindred Burst finish was based on Joe Perry's darkburst.
    Yup but the Perry was a 59. As far as I'm aware there weren't any darkbursts made in 1958.

mli3 said:
    No harm in raising the bass side of the bridge a hair. Slacken the strings off first, there's no friggin bushings on these things which makes me slightly nervous
    Thanks @roberty will try. 
    I shouldn’t have to F around with this on a 2.5 le geetar 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    edited September 2018
    mli3 said:
    It’s pretty normal. The setup is pretty likely to move slightly in transit....its come a long way!
  • I always get a new guitar professionally set up to my requirements anyway. Everyone has different preferences - I like heavy strings and high action so standard set ups are never right for me. Some people don’t mind some fret buzz to get a low action. £30 or so for a set up is nothing to get the guitar playing how you want it.
  • I always get a new guitar professionally set up to my requirements anyway. Everyone has different preferences - I like heavy strings and high action so standard set ups are never right for me. Some people don’t mind some fret buzz to get a low action. £30 or so for a set up is nothing to get the guitar playing how you want it.
    Indeed! Once I've got mine, and my hand is well enough to play properly, I'm intending to give @SteveRobinson a shout to weave his spell over. I suspect he might have a queue of R8s outside his workshop by then!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    TINMAN82 said:
    mli3 said:
    Mate, its normal. The setup is pretty likely to move slightly in transit....its come a long way!
    It will have been set up in the factory on or near the date on the certificate. The dealer should give it a tweak before sending it out really. All guitars need seasonal adjustment
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11519
    mli3 said:
    If it's only one string, it could be a dodgy string.  Have you changed the strings?  If you haven't, it would be worth trying that.
    I always get a new guitar professionally set up to my requirements anyway. Everyone has different preferences - I like heavy strings and high action so standard set ups are never right for me. Some people don’t mind some fret buzz to get a low action. £30 or so for a set up is nothing to get the guitar playing how you want it.
    Same when buying online. When buying in store they'll usually let you bring it in once or twice for a tweak. I wouldn't trust a nut cut at the factory in any case
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3492
    edited September 2018
    Are the nut cuts generally ok on this bunch? Mine seems ok, but im not really an expert on these things.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Been playing mine all night. Effing awesome. 
    Me too. Can’t get over how good it is