R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1679
    RMJ said:
    Coda have the Les Pauls now too
    There’s no mention of a ‘59 neck profile on the Coda guitars. This was important for me. 

Rob
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    hootsmon said:
    hootsmon said:
    Do fender CS ever do/plan to do something like this any time soon?
    doubt it - Fender C/S are moving to a custom order basis shortly _ they will carry no stock in the UK/EU or USA - All stock will be pre-ordered - Be it via you the customer - us the dealer or via limited runs via NAMM etc

We are having to look at a 50 piece or more order for delivery during 2019
    Thanks 4you

What brought this on?
    New CEO in the USA - brought in from the business world - plays guitar but an element of business first aimed at improving the value of the business

Inventory costs money - So let the dealer finance it - Fender get paid in 7 days, as against having 100's of C/Shop guitars, through out the world, sat on shelf's waiting to be sold - Won't make any difference to you the customer regarding choice of stock as Fender C/Shop are only looking for a small selection of 'dedicated dealers' to stock the guitars anyway - it will also mean that apart from NAMM runs and guitars listed in say the 2018 collection, that what each dealer stocks will be more 'unique' - Coda will order 50 different guitars to me - Same theme overall, but different pick-ups, neck profile, frets, finish etc etc

Think in the UK Coda, Guitar Guitar, GAK and Peach are the top 4 Custom Shop dealers - Not sure which order - I sneaked in at 5 which I was chuffed at, taking into account the town and size of my operation
    Well done Mark - I’m glad you made the list as you’ve done a lot for the CS brand over here. Come to think of it - you’ve probably been instrumental in giving Fender the option to do this over here..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16951
    WezV said:
    hootsmon said:
    doubt it - Fender C/S are moving to a custom order basis shortly _ they will carry no stock in the UK/EU or USA - or stock will be pre-ordered - Be it via you the customer - us the dealer or via limited runs via NAMM etc

Sounds like something deserving of being called a custom shop
    basically as inventory costs money - so sell before build - And let the dealer finance it
    I am sure you are right.

To me a “custom shop” shouldn’t be doing production runs in the first place
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Ossyrocks said:
    RMJ said:
    There’s no mention of a ‘59 neck profile on the Coda guitars. This was important for me. 

Rob
    There only seems to be one guitar on Coda?
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    The 59 neck was only mentioned at Peach, everywhere else, including GG where I bought mine states 58. Maybe a typo by Peach?.

• robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    edited August 2018
    MikeS said:
    The 59 neck was only mentioned at Peach, everywhere else, including GG where I bought mine states 58. Maybe a typo by Peach?.

I'm curious about that too having ordered from GG. @adampeter says his is '59

The SKU on my GG R8 is CSLPSTDPSL11325, don't know if the specs can be inferred from this somehow

The GG description and specs look generic/incomplete

Hoping for tall frets anyway

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5510
    roberty said:
    MikeS said:

I'm curious about that too having ordered from GG. @adampeter says his is '59

The SKU on my GG R8 is CSLPSTDPSL11325, don't know if the specs can be inferred from this somehow

The GG description and specs look generic/incomplete

Hoping for tall frets anyway

If GG can’t help I’d email Gibson Customer Service with the serial once you have it... I’m sure they’ll tell you. 
    MikeS said:

I hope not. I have asked this question in emails and on the phone multiple times. The Peach guitars are ‘59 profile. I guess I will know for sure on Wednesday when mine is delivered.

I have a ‘59 replica here built by Terry Morgan, so it will be interesting comparing the two next week, if it’s still here. I might even do a video!

Rob
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    Ossyrocks said:
    RMJ said:

Rob
    Ours are the same guitars 2017 Spec R8's. Every regular 58 from about 2013 has had the 59 neck, they re introduced the bigger neck this year, but to be honest it's still not as big as some of the older R8's which were defiantly on the chunky side 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    WezV said:
    WezV said:
    hootsmon said:
    doubt it - Fender C/S are moving to a custom order basis shortly _ they will carry no stock in the UK/EU or USA - or stock will be pre-ordered - Be it via you the customer - us the dealer or via limited runs via NAMM etc

Sounds like something deserving of being called a custom shop
    basically as inventory costs money - so sell before build - And let the dealer finance it
    I am sure you are right.

To me a “custom shop” shouldn’t be doing production runs in the first place
    We and most of the top Custom Shop Dealers have been spec'ing our own guitars for years, I hardly ever buy any catalog guitars but will buy Namm Limited Runs, we get guitars in specs and colours that we want
    DougCoda said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    RMJ said:

Rob
    Ours are the same guitars 2017 Spec R8's. Every regular 58 from about 2013 has had the 59 neck, they re introduced the bigger neck this year, but to be honest it's still not as big as some of the older R8's which were defiantly on the chunky side 
    Thanks for the clarification Doug. Good to see you here.

So there you have it, buy with impunity!

Rob
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    edited August 2018
    Cheers @DougCoda good info. I'm guessing all the suppliers are blowing out the same batch?

TFB: The kids are R8
    Twinfan said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    RMJ said:

Rob
    More arriving next week
    DougCoda said:
    Twinfan said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    RMJ said:

Rob
    More arriving next week
    Oh heck........
    Ossyrocks said:
    It does.....we've mainly iced tea and washed cherry arriving next week, Peach nabbed all of the Dirty Lemons
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    John_A said:
    ellwood said:
    871470. Dammit. I blame you lot...
    Wondered how long it would be :)  Bought a PRS SC and a Navigator in the last week, so I'd better not!I 

I resisted for at least a day. And then thought screw it why not...
    DougCoda said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    It does.....we've mainly iced tea and washed cherry arriving next week, Peach nabbed all of the Dirty Lemons
    Doug, please post here when the guitars go “live”. I feel a second purchase coming on.....
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    Boromedic said:
    ellwood said:
    871470. Dammit. I blame you lot...
    I wondered if the temptation would get you mate! Nice looking that one.
    It usually does...... ;)
  • hootsmon said:
    doubt it - Fender C/S are moving to a custom order basis shortly _ they will carry no stock in the UK/EU or USA - All stock will be pre-ordered - Be it via you the customer - us the dealer or via limited runs via NAMM etc

He told me 100!