R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• MikeS said:
    The 59 neck was only mentioned at Peach, everywhere else, including GG where I bought mine states 58. Maybe a typo by Peach?.

Definitely not a typo 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133

Definitely not a typo 
    Good to know, thanks

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14783
    tFB Trader
    hootsmon said:
    Do fender CS ever do/plan to do something like this any time soon?
    doubt it - Fender C/S are moving to a custom order basis shortly _ they will carry no stock in the UK/EU or USA - All stock will be pre-ordered - Be it via you the customer - us the dealer or via limited runs via NAMM etc

We are having to look at a 50 piece or more order for delivery during 2019
    He told me 100!
    recall 100 - 5% or 50 - 3% 
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Looking forward to the run of even cheaper R8s in the classifieds once various wives and girlfriends start asking questions.....
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    Since purchase all the info on the page has been removed, in fact the GG holding page has changed guitars. Luckily I take screen shots of everything prior and after purchase. Here's the specs prior to purchase.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    johnl said:
    Looking forward to the run of even cheaper R8s in the classifieds once various wives and girlfriends start asking questions.....
    I sure all the wives and girlfriends will be super happy for us...

..I mean, the purchase is just such a sensible one ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    MikeS said:
    Since purchase all the info on the page has been removed, in fact the GG holding page has changed guitars. Luckily I take screen shots of everything prior and after purchase. Here's the specs prior to purchase.

That's a typo - the 2017 R8s have R9 neck profiles.
  • I'm keen on one of these now that a forum purchase has fallen through

I quite like a 50's profile les paul and i love a 60's neck so which one of these vos models should i be looking at profile wise?  I dont really understand a 58' profile though my Joe Perry custom is said to have a 59' profile

Advice would be much appreciated

thanks 
  • I'm keen on one of these now that a forum purchase has fallen through

I quite like a 50's profile les paul and i love a 60's neck so which one of these vos models should i be looking at profile wise?  I dont really understand a 58' profile though my Joe Perry custom is said to have a 59' profile

thanks 
    these are all the same...a 58 with a 59 neck profile.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    I'm keen on one of these now that a forum purchase has fallen through

thanks 
    yes I'd like to know that as I get confused with then and their terminology. I like a C profile which I think is standard for a led paul ? Is that a 60 or a 58 profile ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5005
    adampeter said:
    Mine has arrived, first impressions are,
    1. very light (8.1lb)
    2. Love the plain top

Looks mint mate, nice one. Did Peach send any goodies too?

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 720

r85 '>

Here's mine - Dirty Lemon (87338)

You only live once..........

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2452
    edited August 2018
    This has been a pretty interesting thread to watch, it just shows what discount  or rather a price point needs to be to get punters digging in their wallets. I'd bet that never in the recent history of Uk Gibson sales have so many been sold in a week before. Just proves that they have been too expensive for some time now in the eyes of the buyer.
    Personally when 'custom shop' guitars were in the £1800-2500 price range I bought a hell of a lot. Now those same sort of guitars have gone into the £3200-£5000 price range my wallet has retreated. I have the money, but that's not the point. For me £2500 is a bit of a mental barrier, especially where a bolt on neck instrument is concerned like Fender. 
    I'm sure this has been an interesting exercise for the dealers and Gibson too. So who has been taking the hit on margins guys?   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Strat54 said:
    This has been a pretty interesting thread to watch, it just shows what discount  or rather a price point needs to be to get punters digging in their wallets. I'd bet that never in the recent history of Uk Gibson sales have so many been sold in a week before. Just proves that they have been too expensive for some time now in the eyes of the buyer.
    Personally when 'custom shop' guitars were in the £1800-2500 price range I bought a hell of a lot. Now those same sort of guitars have gone into the £3200-£5000 price range my wallet has retreated. I have the money, but that's not the point. For me £2500 is a bit of a mental barrier, especially where a bolt on neck instrument is concerned like Fender. 
    I'm sure this has been an interesting exercise for the dealers and Gibson too. So who has been taking the hit on margins guys?   
    Wiz'd. Prices have been silly for ages.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2018
    adampeter said:
    Gonna kill the used market
    Used R8 price is now officially £1650 for a mint condition model. My Les Paul Standard is probably worth around £600 if I am lucky
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Freebird said:
    adampeter said:
    Gonna kill the used market
    Used R8 price is now officially £1650 for a mint condition model. My Les Paul Standard is worth around £600 if I am lucky :'(
    They will go back up and normailse
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    Why am I looking at these?

I dont even like Les Pauls
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Why am I looking at these?

I dont even like Les Pauls
    Peer pressure
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    (I even looked at a Les Paul bass online today ffs!)
  • I’m grateful for the free advertising that Luke from GG gave me on their Facebook live stream page today. I would go back with something witty but I’ve been too busy selling amazing guitars to you lot! 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom