R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    I’m grateful for the free advertising that Luke from GG gave me on their Facebook live stream page today. I would go back with something witty but I’ve been too busy selling amazing guitars to you lot! 
    @peachguitarsdotcom And we appreciate it (even if our other halves may not!)

Is that it for your ones or are there yet more to come?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I know this thread has been a bit manic, but I just wanted to pause and say that @peachguitarsdotcom , @DougCoda  and @guitars4you have all shown just how brilliant our suppliers are and how great it is to have them on here interacting together! 

Yeah, OK they are making money out of us - but it’s great to have a community like this to be “in the know” and snaffle the deals when they do come along!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2018
    mort said:

Here's mine - Dirty Lemon (87338)

You only live once..........

First dibs when you sell it 
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • terada said:
    I’m grateful for the free advertising that Luke from GG gave me on their Facebook live stream page today. I would go back with something witty but I’ve been too busy selling amazing guitars to you lot! 

We sent back a fair few that had marks on them, so we’ll expecting replacements for those.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• terada said:

We sent back a fair few that had marks on them, so we’ll expecting replacements for those.
    I’m very fussy though. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    This thread has even got me interested in another les paul and definitely can't afford one lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5006
    Lol, I thought it made them look a bit silly tbh, wasn't funny in any century and glad you didn't stoop as low! Good luck with the rest of the sales, keep up the good work and as others have said lovely to have you and Coda and Mark at G4U chiming in. Luckily our resident mardies have behaved themselves so far too. ;)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• DanDan Frets: 448
    So tempted! Got to remember im not a massive fan of LP's and I cant afford it!
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2627
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader

Man...  This thread is odd...

Not cos of whats just happened but cos most of the time on here we have people slagging Gibson off... Like real proper moaning and sometimes even hatred.  Yet look at this 11 pages long and 30 odd custom guitars sold in like 24hrs...

This is why Gibson will always win..   They make very desirable guitars. And if anything this thread has shown what the "right" price is...  Maybe even that's the point of price inflation.. So when they have a blow out people say WOW that's an incredible deal. (please sir may I have some more  :) )

Amazing really.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2018
    Britain's GDP set to rise 2% for this quarter.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5006
    Freebird said:
    Britain's GDP set to rise 2% for this quarter.
    Just because of R8 sales?!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    terada said:

Good to hear you aren't afraid to send back the duds. That's the difference between a good retailer and a box shifter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    Strat54 said:
    This has been a pretty interesting thread to watch, it just shows what discount  or rather a price point needs to be to get punters digging in their wallets. I'd bet that never in the recent history of Uk Gibson sales have so many been sold in a week before. Just proves that they have been too expensive for some time now in the eyes of the buyer.
    Personally when 'custom shop' guitars were in the £1800-2500 price range I bought a hell of a lot. Now those same sort of guitars have gone into the £3200-£5000 price range my wallet has retreated. I have the money, but that's not the point. For me £2500 is a bit of a mental barrier, especially where a bolt on neck instrument is concerned like Fender. 
    I'm sure this has been an interesting exercise for the dealers and Gibson too. So who has been taking the hit on margins guys?   

This is a very rare deal from Gibson and generally the dealers take the hit.
    Right now for you as buyers it's a great time to buy as there are some stupid price wars going on,margins are at an all time low on pretty much everything.
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    edited August 2018
    Regarding the neck profile, I bought one of these in July before they were discounted. I had a Les Paul traditional at that time too. The traditional had a big neck. The 58 undoubtedly has a slimmer neck, but not hugely so. When I got the 58 I too was excited about the 59 neck. However I was surprised that it was still a nice handful. 

Disclaimer ...I've never played a 59 neck! The above is more about expectation V reality
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    RMJ said:
    Regarding the neck profile, I bought one of these in July before they were discounted. I had a Les Paul traditional at that time too. The traditional had a big neck. The 58 undoubtedly has a slimmer neck, but not hugely so. When I got the 58 I too was excited about the 59 neck. However I was surprised that it was still a nice handful. 
    A 58, a 60 and a 59 neck ? I'm lost already which is why I have to try before I ever buy 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    RMJ said:
    A 58, a 60 and a 59 neck ? I'm lost already which is why I have to try before I ever buy 
    Definitely not a 60 neck
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5203
    edited August 2018
    I bought a lovely Telecaster last year, untried...I couldn’t play it comfortably, as the neck was too big for me.....That has really put me off buying unseen..I know there are distance selling regs etc.. I can’t see Mansons selling at these prices either s
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    There is nothing wrong with a 60s neck
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.

Agreed. 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2627
    tFB Trader
    RMJ said:

Agreed. 

Same here..  a 50s neck often gives me hand cramps after like 10-15 mins of playing.. So its 60s all the way for me which I can play for hours with no problem. And I would call my hands medium... Not huge, no way small either.