R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Still costs less than a decent trombone :-)

Just found this comment on LPF re: 2017 CS Standard neck profiles:

Here's what my buddy at the Custom Shop said regarding your question: "They're spec'd out .9" at the nut and 1.0" at the 12th fret for the 4-9s. However they get shaped/sanded different. More "cheek" taken out of the 59. They all come out unique with the human element involved."

Add a pinch of salt to that.

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?205195-2017-Gibson-Custom-Shop-s-Les-Paul-Std-separating-fact-from-rumor

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871
    This thread would be interesting reading for a psychologist :) there is a strong sense of collective insanity ;)
    Gibson cashing in on collective lust for shiny things. The Dutch Tulip Mania of our times :)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    JerkMoans said:
    This thread would be interesting reading for a psychologist :) there is a strong sense of collective insanity ;)
    Gibson cashing in on collective lust for shiny things. The Dutch Tulip Mania of our times :)
    Yes, but that implies that they will become worthless overnight........
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1679
    I think these guitars will actually hold their value.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Ossyrocks said:
    I think these guitars will actually hold their value.
    Undoubtedly 
    mort said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Or we’ll all start eating them when plague hits :mask: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    JerkMoans said:
    mort said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Or we’ll all start eating them when plague hits :mask: 
    I hate to sound a pessimist but I can't help feeling we'll be seeing a few more les Paul's for sale in the coming months on here or elsewhere. Hopefully not with inflated prices :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    I hate to sound a pessimist but I can't help feeling we'll be seeing a few more les Paul's for sale in the coming months on here or elsewhere. Hopefully not with inflated prices :(
    That’s the long game for we carrion crows of the forum :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3452
    edited August 2018
    JerkMoans said:
    mort said:
    JerkMoans said:
    This thread would be interesting reading for a psychologist there is a strong sense of collective insanity
    Gibson cashing in on collective lust for shiny things. The Dutch Tulip Mania of our times
    Or we’ll all start eating them when plague hits mask 
    I hate to sound a pessimist but I can't help feeling we'll be seeing a few more les Paul's for sale in the coming months on here or elsewhere. Hopefully not with inflated prices
    Let’s be honest - Gibson have set a precedent of dumping stock at lower than RRP since 2015. They are not going to suddenly stop and the buying public is not going to suddenly forget that if you wait a few
    months another epic inventory blowout will occur. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited August 2018
    I like plain tops - the Iced Tea and Dirty Lemon are lush. Am I right the R8s have right chunky necks? (I have lickle hands and play a first run BFG and a 97 Classic).

/stopityouidiotyourenotbuyingone
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5011
    These R8's have a 59 neck, slightly less chunky than a 58 but not a 60's slim either.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5461
    @pmbomb buy one, and if you decide you don't like it, I'll look after it for you whilst you take some hormone therapy to grow your paws, or something.  Or give you £1250 for it, because obviously it's a shit guitar if you can't play it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Snags said:
    @pmbomb buy one, and if you decide you don't like it, I'll look after it for you whilst you take some hormone therapy to grow your paws, or something.  Or give you £1250 for it, because obviously it's a shit guitar if you can't play it.
    I find your lack of convincing argument disturbing..
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1157
    I'm sure some will pop up for resale soon, after all some were lemons...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    I'm sure some will pop up for resale soon, after all some were lemons...
    ...durty lemons
    Snags said:
    yeah there you go ... I already got burned once on resale of an expensive new guitar, promised myself never again ...

and luckily Colchester's a 2 hour drive from here, a tad far to nip over for a try.

phew.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4293
    edited August 2018
    59’ is fairly chunky but does sit well in the hand. But is a noticeable difference between my BFG 50’s and Standard 60’s profile Les Paul’s 
    dat lemon one tho ...
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I’ve got second degree GAS - went to the Peach site to check out the great bargains you guys were getting then clicked on the link to Basses and Acoustics. Grrrr
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom