R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5521
    Twinfan said:
    I nearly bought two - 8 7393 was in my basket for a while.  Did anyone on here buy that one?  It's a Lemon Drop with flecks on the top.

I'd like to claim "first dibs" if you don't bond with it or want to sell it at any point in the future  :)

That one was probably my favourite of the Dirty Lemons...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2045
    That's the nicest one I've seen ^

This thread brings me back to when everyone was raving about the PRS sc58 and I got caught up in the hype. Ended up going back to an SG1000 at half the price.

You bunch o crazies, but I hope you enjoy them. Peach have got so many other nice things in that bracket. I'd be going acoustic at £2k+ and not Gibson.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2354
    Gerz6558 said:
    Just how many are there?! 

If we get the Classics in Pelham Blue at a low price before Xmas I'm in trouble.
    Is that the P90 model? I think they are reduced to 1299 in some places. 

I snagged a goldtop for 1299 a few months ago, no brainer.
    Aye they look awesome!! 
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Twinfan said:
    I nearly bought two - 8 7393 was in my basket for a while.  Did anyone on here buy that one?  It's a Lemon Drop with flecks on the top.

I'd like to claim "first dibs" if you don't bond with it or want to sell it at any point in the future  :)

That was the one I was looking at too - I'd say that's the best looking of the lot. Did I read that Peach are getting a third wave?
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Whitecat said:

It was my favourite looker, but I've seen/owned/played lots of 8.5lb to 9lb Les Pauls over the years.  An 8lb solid body is a rare thing, so I've gone for what I think will be something different tonally.  Lighter, airier with no mud is what I'm hoping for as I don't get on with thicker more compressed tones.  I like something I can get light and shade from.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    johnl said:
    Twinfan said:

That was the one I was looking at too - I'd say that's the best looking of the lot. Did I read that Peach are getting a third wave?
    Peach said that there were a number that they sent back for blemishes etc, and that they were expecting replacements for those.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2354
    edited August 2018
    How can there be blemishes at this level of money?! I mean they are £3300+ normally...

Good on peach for noticing.
    How can there be blemishes at this level of money?! I mean they are £3300+ normally...
    I hate to push the 'internet wisdom', especially as I usually position myself against such sweeping reasoning, but:

Its GIbson
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2018
    Twinfan said:
    Whitecat said:

It was my favourite looker, but I've seen/owned/played lots of 8.5lb to 9lb Les Pauls over the years.  An 8lb solid body is a rare thing, so I've gone for what I think will be something different tonally.  Lighter, airier with no mud is what I'm hoping for as I don't get on with thicker more compressed tones.  I like something I can get light and shade from.
    Indeed - look forward to hearing your tone report. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an 8lb non-chambered LP available for sale, so it’s a cool score. 

I’m just pleased mine is under 8.5... trade off for the mad near-R9 grade top on it I guess, and still not even the heaviest of the lot. 

Good on peach for noticing.
    Yeah, there are less scrupulous dealers out there who would have just sold them on and called it part of the VOS charm... nice that Peach give af!
    Whitecat said:
    Twinfan said:
    Whitecat said:

Indeed - look forward to hearing your tone report. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an 8lb non-chambered LP available for sale, so it’s a cool score. 

I’m just pleased mine is under 8.5... trade off for the mad bear-R9 grade top on it I guess, and still not even the heaviest of the lot. 
    This is the hope for my the tone of mine too, bright and not muddy. At 8lb 10 I'm hoping it'll have that characteristic

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Whitecat said:

Me neither, so that's what swung me in the end  :)

I like the distinct sides of the top too, I'm calling it "Two Face":

2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • terada said:
    This is the hope for my the tone of mine too, bright and not muddy. At 8lb 10 I'm hoping it'll have that characteristic

Only had a chance to have a quick go on mine but if anything like yours it sounds plenty bright enough for a lester.

Super happy with it!
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • It's annoying as we've got one with an absolute belter of a feathered flame top but it's got a tiny ding on the back where it looks like they've dropped a screwdriver on it. Gibson won't offer us any discount on stock like this, instead it goes back to the distribution centre to have it's head chopped off and send back to Nashville.

If someone wants an absolute ripper that doesn't care about the mark then speak up before it goes back!
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's annoying as we've got one with an absolute belter of a feathered flame top but it's got a tiny ding on the back where it looks like they've dropped a screwdriver on it. Gibson won't offer us any discount on stock like this, instead it goes back to the distribution centre to have it's head chopped off and send back to Nashville.

If someone wants an absolute ripper that doesn't care about the mark then speak up before it goes back!
    That's pretty wasteful of Gibson.

Someone buy this to save the planet!

PS what colour is it? :-)
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I might be happy to swap it for the one I have bought as I couldn’t care less @peachguitarsdotcom ;

I bought no: 87284

If you could email a couple of images over?
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 497
    It's annoying as we've got one with an absolute belter of a feathered flame top but it's got a tiny ding on the back where it looks like they've dropped a screwdriver on it. Gibson won't offer us any discount on stock like this, instead it goes back to the distribution centre to have it's head chopped off and send back to Nashville.

How much is that pls? Got any pics?
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6942
    edited August 2018
    This thread is hilarious - everyone wanking over Gibsons for a change instead of slagging them off for various reasons including the alleged poor QC.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10916
    wesker123 said:
    It's annoying as we've got one with an absolute belter of a feathered flame top but it's got a tiny ding on the back where it looks like they've dropped a screwdriver on it. Gibson won't offer us any discount on stock like this, instead it goes back to the distribution centre to have it's head chopped off and send back to Nashville.

How much is that pls? Got any pics?
    Someone here might snap it up with full disclosure.  Be a shame to pulp a light one with a frilly top
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2045
    Iamnobody said:
    This thread is hilarious - everyone wanking over Gibson’s for a change instead of slagging them off for various reasons including the alleged poor QC.
    And then you look at two face, where they put plaintop with flame...So much for bookmatching.

I'll be the consistent moaner in this thread, while you lot wank away. 

I want one of those Vigier swirls anyhow (but with a Floyd rose).