R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• RabsRabs Frets: 2627
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    Here's mine.  It's a 59 rather than a 58.

Hell yeah..  that looks amazing...   That pickguard needs to come off though  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I was questioning if an extra £1000 for flames was worth it.

Now I’m thinking maybe yes as that’s stunning @crunchman ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2250
    I've got a 59 in the post. Could've had a lemon but went for iced tea. 

Buying blind but confident it'll be Lightweight and pretty.

(I was listening to elegant gypsy and on my 5th gin when I ordered). 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27692
    terada said:
    A brace of R8's

That left hand one is *perfect*

If you ever want to sell...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mortmort Frets: 720

Image and video hosting by TinyPic '>Image and video hosting by TinyPic '>

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    :) My dirty lemon
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    edited August 2018
    terada said:
    A brace of R8's

Thanks @stickyfiddle . the left one is my 2014 R8. The best bit about that one though isn't the looks, it is the tone. That one in particular resonates like no other les Paul I've played.

Here's another pic of the two together

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mort said:
    Stunner. Enough said
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    @terada Could I call second dibs on the one on the left? ;)

I remember the pics from when you bought it - it's a stunner! How does it compare to the new one? Is the neck a lot bigger & can you really feel the rolled fingerboard of the 2017?

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27692
    terada said:
    terada said:
    A brace of R8's

Thanks @stickyfiddle . the left one is my 2014 R8. The best bit about that one though isn't the looks, it is the tone. That one in particular resonates like no other les Paul I've played.

I'm sure the new one is better and therefore you should sell the other because obviously you'll never use it now. I will give you *several* curly wurlies in return... :D 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    terada said:
    mort said:
    Stunner. Enough said

Thanks! I'm really pleased with it - in low light indoors it almost looks like a goldtop!

edited August 2018
    breadfan said:
    @terada Could I call second dibs on the one on the left?

I remember the pics from when you bought it - it's a stunner! How does it compare to the new one? Is the neck a lot bigger & can you really feel the rolled fingerboard of the 2017?

Thanks @breadfan . It has given me many years of fun so far! 

It has been quite interesting to compare. Tonally they are quite different, the 2014 is very bright, almost tele bright, but with a lot of warmth at the neck. The 2017 is definitely fuller and fatter across the spectrum on the bridge, and more smooth at the neck. Surprising how different two can be! The 2014 sings with my orange amp, while the 2017 makes my Marshall scream.

The neck thickness is not so different, I find the 2017 to have less shoulder, almost as if it is more of a slight v profile, whereas the 2014 is a more full and rounded profile. Both are great to play though.

I was most surprised by the rolled edges of the 2017. They are pretty noticeable indeed!

edited August 2018

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2018
    terada said:
    terada said:
    A brace of R8's

I'm sure the new one is better and therefore you should sell the other because obviously you'll never use it now. I will give you *several* curly wurlies in return... D 

I do quite like curly wurlies...
  • pmgpmg Frets: 301
    terada said:
    breadfan said:
    @terada Could I call second dibs on the one on the left? ;)

It has been quite interesting to compare. Tonally they are quite different, the 2014 is very bright, almost tele bright, but with a lot of warmth at the neck. The 2017 is definitely fuller and fatter across the spectrum on the bridge, and more smooth at the neck. Surprising how different two can be! The 2014 sings with my orange amp, while the 2017 makes my Marshall scream.

The neck thickness is not so different, I find the 2014 to have less shoulder, almost as if it is more of a slight v profile, whereas the 2014 is a more full and rounded profile. Both are great to play though.

I was most surprised by the rolled edges of the 2017. They are pretty noticeable indeed!

My strat has rolled edges and the first time I played it was a bit of a wow moment.  
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    These are some mighty fine guitars. It’ll be torture waiting until Tuesday for mine
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    terada said:
    breadfan said:

The neck thickness is not so different, I find the 2017 to have less shoulder, almost as if it is more of a slight v profile, whereas the 2014 is a more full and rounded profile. Both are great to play though.

Thanks for the comparison! I wonder how much of the difference is down to weight - have you weighed both of them?

I've not tried a guitar with a rolled fingerboard - it certainly sounds nice :)

I was so tempted to jump on one of these but I really didn't want to buy without first trying & - more importantly - the disposable income just isn't there at the moment! 

The top carve on the 2017 is stunning!

breadfan said:
    terada said:
    breadfan said:

Thanks for the comparison! I wonder how much of the difference is down to weight - have you weighed both of them?

I've not tried a guitar with a rolled fingerboard - it certainly sounds nice :)

I was so tempted to jump on one of these but I really didn't want to buy without first trying & - more importantly - the disposable income just isn't there at the moment! 

The top carve on the 2017 is stunning!
    The 2014 is 9lb dead (or 8lb15oz if you remove the custom shop badge)
    The 2017 is 8lb 10oz (or 8lb 9oz as above)

I expected the lighter one to be brighter, but no, I guess they all just have their own voice
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5001
    edited August 2018
    Wow it's been an amazing day on here! Some cracking guitars, congrats all and that Tokai looks lovely too fella.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• My mate got his yesterday too, so chuffed for him, completes the set of 4 beautiful Les Paul's (Standard, Traditional, Classic and R8), what a sublime collection!!!...

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom