R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    hyperben said:
    “Figured top” R8 

https://imgur.com/gallery/iYL6DoS
    I bet if you'd have seen that before buying it you'd have said no - Call them and have a chat about it - Better this way IMO then a load of e-mails
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5001
    I guess GG "figured" you wouldn't notice maybe?!! @hyperben ;

In all seriousness though the suggestion to call is spot on, let us know what they say once you've been in touch.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    For anyone who has missed out on one of these amazing R8 deals, you'll be happy to hear that my Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster is still for sale in the classifieds at a very reasonable price.

17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Just a quickie.. is everyone that bought one from GG happy with the setup/intonation/quality control etc etc ?
    As its a much bigger operation that Peach, i'm sure they cant have the same attention to detail, but wondered if anyone apart from @roberty has had any problems from GG bought R8's.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    hyperben said:
    “Figured top” R8 

https://imgur.com/gallery/iYL6DoS
    I bet if you'd have seen that before buying it you'd have said no - Call them and have a chat about it - Better this way IMO then a load of e-mails
    Yes exactly. Would save faffing about. Will give them a call.
  • DanDan Frets: 448
    Anyone got the neck depth dimensions at the 1st and 12th?
  • mli3 said:
    Just a quickie.. is everyone that bought one from GG happy with the setup/intonation/quality control etc etc ?
    As its a much bigger operation that Peach, i'm sure they cant have the same attention to detail, but wondered if anyone apart from @roberty has had any problems from GG bought R8's.

We’re big operation with small operation customer service and attention to detail!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • DavemateDavemate Frets: 68
    Here's a point , has anyone thought forward about these r8's when players start to move them on.
    In fact it has started already i spotted a couple on gumtree one for over 3 and a half grand.

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Davemate said:
    Here's a point , has anyone thought forward about these r8's when players start to move them on.
    In fact it has started already i spotted a couple on gumtree one for over 3 and a half grand.

It’s poor form for people to flip them like that. 

But people will always do it
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    mli3 said:

We’re big operation with small operation customer service and attention to detail!
    And low, low prices... call now! :-p
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • terada said:
    Davemate said:

It’s poor form for people to flip them like that. 

But people will always do it
    It's probably still on finance ...good way to release equity eh? :/

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    mli3 said:

There were three GG guitars with nicks sent to forum members that GG offered part refunds for that I'm aware of (I was PMd)

Mine needed a little tweak of the truss rod and at least one other GG owner's did, too

Having said this I knew what I was getting and am confident with setup. After the first batch of Peach guitars went so quickly I wasn't taking any more chances
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 540
    idiotwind said:
    @idiotwind as nice as that looks I'd call that a plain top, not a figured top
    Agreed.  I basically ignored the mention of "figured top" on their listing as part of their sloppy approach to this whole thing.
    To be honest, I didn't even register that they'd said figured on the listing!  I knew exactly what I was buying. 
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I was on the edge of buying one of these but the join lines really put me off. For me it ruins the guitar. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a nice plaintop!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11516
    mli3 said:

Mine is fine.  Action is very low, and free of buzz, but that might be Gibson's Plek machine at the factory.  The nut seems to be cut ok, unlike the last new Gibson I had.
    mli3 said:

Mine has arrived in excellent nick and the setup is pretty bang on.  Action is lovely and everything as it should be.  I must confess I haven't really checked the intonation yet - just plugged in and played, but I didn't notice it sounding poorly intonated.  I'll check later when I change the strings for my usuals. 
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    rico said:
    I was on the edge of buying one of these but the join lines really put me off. For me it ruins the guitar. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a nice plaintop!
    The join line between the two pieces of maple?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

rico said:
    Like this? 

There's a line, but it's barely noticeable - the noticeable lines will be more prevalent on the R9s to be honest. 

Dan said:
    I have some callipers. I'll check this afternoon when I get in. 
    SteveF said:

Dan said:
    I have some callipers. I'll check this afternoon when I get in. 
    Officially it's .9"/1"

My Traditional feels like a slim now when I go back to it!