R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 540
    @Twinfan - pretty! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    PRS always have better maple than Gibson, but those tips wouldn’t suit a vintage style les Paul so it’s all good
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    WezV said:
    PRS always have better maple than Gibson, but those tops wouldn’t suit a vintage style Les Paul so it’s all good
    Exactly - they'd look too modern.  It's partly to do with how they stain them though, left more natural they might work.
  • idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 517
    edited August 2018
    AlexO said:
    I've also blindly ordered a Iced Tea from GG. I prefer plain tops over figured but would be happy with either.

Those who have ordered from GG what have you got plain or figured? 
    Mine was an Iced Tea gamble from GG.  It's plain, but there's still quite a lot going on.  Here's another shot of it (8lb 3oz for those keeping score)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
     Gibson never went for that grade and PRS spent a few decades buying as much as they could.  

The stain to pop figure only works if it’s highly figured to begin with.  Gibson have tried that trick on lower grades and it ends up looking by dirty 
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1157
    @idiotwind as nice as that looks I'd call that a plain top, not a figured top
  • Is this a figured top? https://instagram.com/p/Bl2u4_plqAa/
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1157
    yes deffo
    Is this a figured top? https://instagram.com/p/Bl2u4_plqAa/
    If you sold it me as plain at the appropriate price I would not correct you ;)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

idiotwind said:
    AlexO said:
    I've also blindly ordered a Iced Tea from GG. I prefer plain tops over figured but would be happy with either.

Those who have ordered from GG what have you got plain or figured? 
    Mine was an Iced Tea gamble from GG.  It's plain, but there's still quite a lot going on.  Here's another shot of it (8lb 3oz for those keeping score)

It’s a different cut to some of the other plain tops we are seeing, but it’s still a plain top
  • idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 517
    @idiotwind as nice as that looks I'd call that a plain top, not a figured top
    Agreed.  I basically ignored the mention of "figured top" on their listing as part of their sloppy approach to this whole thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s all gone a little quiet on the Coda front.  Thought they were expecting some this week?
  • I've really enjoyed looking at these.
    Hope everyone is enjoying theirs & thanks for posting the pictures.
    +1 for Peach Guitars too, for keeping up customer service by the sound of things, rather than just shoveling them out the door.

For the record & in case the phantom lol-er is about I'm not being sarcastic (which is unusual for me).
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've started a poll via a VERY quick google form...should take you two seconds to answer. Cheers!

For anyone who's not seen or answered the buyers/owners poll ^^^^^^^
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    I've started a poll via a VERY quick google form...should take you two seconds to answer. Cheers!

For anyone who's not seen or answered the buyers/owners poll ^^^^^^^
    Great idea. Will be interesting to see the results.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9594
    Is this a figured top? https://instagram.com/p/Bl2u4_plqAa/
    Can I respectfully ask that you don’t post pictures like that. I’ve already brought one guitar from you this week and my wallet can’t stand another 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5106
    I know this might be a crazy notion but surely how it plays/feels/sounds should be the most important things?
    And how much it weighs!  ;)
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8221
    LuttiS said:j
    Adamski said:
    Here’s mine, can’t believe I’ve gotta wait a week to pick her up! 

Hmm.. now here's my issue...  I'm not disputing that it's not a super pretty guitar (it is).. but that big ole line down the centre really irks me. Seen it on lots of them.. is it just the way the light is shining? Would it look more even straight on? 

*Before I'm accused of being the green beast - I don't like Les Pauls.. but I do appreciate a pretty guitar. That is a pretty guitar, but personally I can't see past that unmatched centre line. Still, bet it will feel/sound amazing :)
    Same here. Just don't like an emphasised line down them. Thought it was just me as lots of people seem to think otherwise. 

I might make an exception for that one though...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5001
    This is just the best thread ever!
    With regards to the line seen in the pic above like Wez said its more the angle of the pic and the lighting/filter etc. than anything else. Each to their own like regrding it but it looks lovely!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    Adamski said:
    Here’s mine, can’t believe I’ve gotta wait a week to pick her up! 

that is 'effing awesome IMO - character without going OTT
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom