R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    TINMAN82 said:
    It's not an R8 (have one already) and its GuitarGuitar not Peach. But its a NGD courtesy of the Gibson Memphis sale (ES-335 Figured, £2599). My camera phone doesn't really do justice to the very detailed, wiggly grain patterns all over the top.

Sorry these photos are links and not embedded, unsure how to do that so any tips appreciated.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    roberty said:
    TINMAN82 said:
    It's not an R8 (have one already) and its GuitarGuitar not Peach. But its a NGD courtesy of the Gibson Memphis sale (ES-335 Figured, £2599). My camera phone doesn't really do justice to the very detailed, wiggly grain patterns all over the top.

Sorry these photos are links and not embedded, unsure how to do that so any tips appreciated.

Cool, thanks, what had I missed?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 540
    Shit the bed, that’s gorgeous. My missus would have my nuts if I bought one right after the R8 but I find myself wondering g if I’d miss them much.... 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2018
    TINMAN82 said:
    roberty said:
    TINMAN82 said:

Cool, thanks, what had I missed?
    Click the 'attach image' button in the toolbar and paste the image url into the yellow box with no tags

I am so jealous of your guitar by the way!

edit: looks like just pasting the absolute url into the editor works too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    Adamski said:
    It’s ok guys, I will try my best to enjoy my guitar with it’s disgusting join line. I mean it’ll be tough, but I’ll do my best! 
    Goodluck! Report back with how you got on ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Whitecat said:
    hyperben said:
    “Figured top” R8 

https://imgur.com/gallery/iYL6DoS
    I guess they figured you’d fall for it..
    I think its perfect! I'd have that one...........if I didn't already have an LP that looks basically the same.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14808
    tFB Trader
    hyperben said:
    Went into GG in Epsom earlier and managed to swap the plain top washed cherry for a nicely figured top one! What’s more, it sounds wonderful and plays great! This ones just the right amount of flame for me. The guys in GG were absolutely excellent. I think the company mantra seems to be box shifting, but dealing with the people in the store today I got great customer service.

https://imgur.com/gallery/OanmWHP
    that more like it isn't it - Glad you got sorted out and in a very amicable way - enjoy it
    GG have a photo of each figured maple 335s top with its serial number:

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170823313734008-1910586--gibson-es-335-figured-antique-sixties-cherry-2018-11308

They must have been just hammering out the R8s, someone earlier in the thread said management had instructed them to get them out as quickly as possible

Or, more excitingly, maybe they've been spying on us!
  • I've really enjoyed looking at these.
    Hope everyone is enjoying theirs & thanks for posting the pictures.
    +1 for Peach Guitars too, for keeping up customer service by the sound of things, rather than just shoveling them out the door.

For the record & in case the phantom lol-er is about I'm not being sarcastic (which is unusual for me).
    Mods! Mods! look at page 52, there's five of them! I was enjoying this thread & now it's just a complete nightmare.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve seen a gorgeous relic R9 for £3999  

Hurry up and get some R8’s back in. £2499 was bad enough 
  • The 2019 Memphis range looks amazing. Much lower prices than 2018, so maybe wait a few weeks....
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The range is being condensed down, so it’ll make a lot more sense 
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    I'm now on holiday and keep going back to this thread just to look at photos of my R8 whilst I'm away. The good news is that I've finally found true love; my fiance is less enthused about the whole thing though.....
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    The 2019 Memphis range looks amazing. Much lower prices than 2018, so maybe wait a few weeks....
    Any news on Montana prices?
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited August 2018
    I was not in the market for a new guitar.

I've accepted I'm unlikely to get one of these via a retailer that puts up individual pics (I don't want cherry or pot luck on the top). The odds of getting one in the tiny window they're listed are low (esp with people, trading in mind I guess, buying multiples).

So now I'm seriously looking at Eastman SB59 on Peach.

Thank you @peachguitarsdotcom NOT.

• mortmort Frets: 720
    This time a week ago, Peach still had about 9 on their site to choose from at you leisure.  ;)

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    mort said:
    This time a week ago, Peach still had about 9 on their site to choose from at you leisure.  ;)

haha. it's cool buddy, in the big picture I am a very lucky guy. que sera sera. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16075
    two questions for y'all

have we seen the last of the 2.5k lemon tops?

and what price can we expect the 2019 58s to be?
    tae be or not tae be
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    These are seriously good guitars.  I've been playing Two-Face quite a bit over the last couple of days and I'm liking it more and more.  Definitely a hint of Duane Allman in the tone, due to the slightly hotter pickups in this particular guitar I suspect. The superlight (lack of) weight is giving it epic resonance which is making me play much less heavy handed than usual.  There's a wealth of subtleties in there.

I know we're talking about £2499, but what a bloody bargain these are!  An absolute keeper.  I can't wait to get some wear on tear on it, I think it'll really suit the subdued looks  :)

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    pmbomb said:
    I was not in the market for a new guitar.

I've accepted I'm unlikely to get one of these via a retailer that puts up individual pics (I don't want cherry or pot luck on the top). The odds of getting one in the tiny window they're listed are low (esp with people, trading in mind I guess, buying multiples).

So now I'm seriously looking at Eastman SB59 on Peach.

Thank you @peachguitarsdotcom NOT.

The Eastman SB59 is a really nice guitar. I am more than impressed with the Eastman range in general and will get one at some point down the line, whether it’s an SB59 or one of the semi hollows with P-90s. 

I dont think you’ll be disappointed with one at the price point.