Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Peach Guitars left the forum - well done you Cnuts

What's Hot

Comments

• p90fool said:
    I've been offline and out of the loop for six weeks or so, but is the same Peach who've just hoovered up around a hundred grand in a week or so from this very forum? 

Sometimes I think some of these shopkeepers ought to learn to take the rough with the smooth now and again. 

That's akin to saying that it's OK to verbally abuse railway staff because they get paid for doing a job. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    edited September 2018
    This is not good at all - If it is similar to the Andertons debacle then this is getting beyond ridiculous.

Why do people think it is ok to act so rudely? It is not on and if that is what happened I'm not surprised they've left.

As an aside, any chance we could remove the incredibly offensive word from the title?

I get that language can get a little blue in individual posts but in the title it is a bit much - especially when you have other people sharing the same computer. 

Considering that such language probably forms part of this issue, why don't we all try to keep it a bit more dignified?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Why should I? It's how I feel and it perfectly describes the individual(s) in question. I'm sorry it offends your delicate sensibilities but it's a valid English word, and I use it frequently. Apologies if it offends you, but I'm not changing the title. 

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Boromedic said:
    Why should I? It's how I feel and it perfectly describes the individual(s) in question. I'm sorry it offends your delicate sensibilities but it's a valid English word, and I use it frequently. Apologies if it offends you, but I'm not changing the title. 
    It's more that I have this forum as a favourite and there are kids about. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    I've been offline and out of the loop for six weeks or so, but is the same Peach who've just hoovered up around a hundred grand in a week or so from this very forum? 

Sometimes I think some of these shopkeepers ought to learn to take the rough with the smooth now and again. 

That's akin to saying that it's OK to verbally abuse railway staff because they get paid for doing a job. 

Of course it's not OK,  but it is down to an individual, not down to the forum. Anyone who works in customer service can confirm that the world is full of pathetically rude people.

It's a shame that peach have walked away. Personally would have prefered they had posted about the event, confirmed it's not acceptable and the customer/individual is banned from them and then carried on supporting their customers and potential customers who choose to be on here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5001
    edited September 2018
    Ditto... I have 2 teenagers and a young un about. Look I'm sorry it bothers you but I'm not gonna be censored by someone on an internet forum, besides the fact it's not the point of the thread. It's also not spelt correctly as you probably noticed. 

If it bothers the mods I apologise, stick it BCD if you like. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Boromedic said:
    Ditto... I have 2 teenagers and a young un about. Look I'm sorry it bothers you but I'm not gonna be censored by someone on an internet forum, besides the fact it's not the point of the thread. It's also not spelt correctly as you probably noticed. 

If it bothers the mods I apologise, stick it BCD if you like. 
    Sorry buddy really not trying to come across all holier and thou or censor you. You do as you do. :)

I've just got friends over who are very strict parents, and whose kids are using our machines and are quite, shall we say, inquisitive. I'll boot them all off the computers to stay safe!

I do in general though think that it doesn't exactly make the forum look inviting to others when a word often cited as the most offensive in the English language is used so conspicuously. 

But I do get that this is in the context of very frustrating news.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    I hear you and I'm trying not to be obtuse, but unfortunately it's part of my vernacular and I don't consider it particularly offensive. I get some people do and understand why, where I'm from its frequently used so I guess it's a different ball game in other places. It also describes this person perfectly as well as the situation, so apologies again but I'm afraid it's just different strokes for different folks. 

Anyway, back on topic, hope the cretin outs himself soon!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    What on earth could have upset someone so much to call John and give him a load of verbal?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:

I don't understand this attitude or why the comment has substantial wis's. Why should they expect any 'rough'. 
    It is not as if Peach forced anyone to buy an R8. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:

Of course it's not OK,  but it is down to an individual, not down to the forum. Anyone who works in customer service can confirm that the world is full of pathetically rude people.

It's a shame that peach have walked away. Personally would have prefered they had posted about the event, confirmed it's not acceptable and the customer/individual is banned from them and then carried on supporting their customers and potential customers who choose to be on here.
    With respect I’d have preferred it if the cowardly son of a bitch hadn’t given abuse in the first place!

Unfortunately we don’t know for sure who it was, (we do know they were a forum member, and their abuse was based on a specific thread,) so banning them isn’t possible. Unless of course they wanna have the guts to own up here?

I’m sure Peach will continue to offer great support to their customers as they always have through their social media, YouTube, web and in store service. Unfortunately though this forum seems to breed self entitlement & I think it’s fair enough if he wants to walk away.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    edited September 2018
    Can I just ask what went on in the Hudson Broadcast thread (I've been in my own R8 bubble for weeks now and have barely ventured beyond Gibson stuff)?
  • Few ridiculous comments blaming Peach for Hudson delays I think.

edited September 2018
    P.s. You got the triumvirate packed away whilst the guests are there? @terada ; I'm wary around my little un!

• Boromedic said:
    Few ridiculous comments blaming Peach for Hudson delays I think.
    Shops set themselves up for that by accepting pre orders.... seems to happen a lot across multiple retailers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Boromedic said:
    P.s. You got the triumvirate packed away whilst the guests are there? @terada ; I'm wary around my little un!
    Ha! Absolutely - all off the walls and in cases! 

It's a right malarkey having children about, so much extra stuff to think about.

Although to be honest the parents are almost as much work ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    Yeah I understand that but once again it's expectations versus reality and it was a special Peach run. It's not Jons fault if Hudson fail to deliver on their lead times is it? @Teetonetal ;

• terada said:
    Boromedic said:
    Ha! Absolutely - all off the walls and in cases! 

It's a right malarkey having children about, so much extra stuff to think about.

Although to be honest the parents are almost as much work ;)
    Lol, goodo!

• stickersticker Frets: 869
    Boromedic said:
    Yeah I understand that but once again it's expectations versus reality and it was a special Peach run. It's not Jons fault if Hudson fail to deliver on their lead times is it? @Teetonetal ;

I read that thread following this one and thought the comments were more about Peach not keeping customers up to date with info than blaming them for delays ...