Buying glasses to fit and suit... Kill me now (2021 Redux!)

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited May 2021
    I'd love to change my glasses now, but like most things, the reality of the process involved is FAR too much of a pita to make the effort.

I've always been a 'go to a local private optician'.......but as that was Oxford, they always had that "My next holiday funded' smug look on their faces when I went in.

Been through the Specsavers / Vision Express cattle market chains a couple of times now to diminishing satisfaction......last ones were from Boots - but I did note an uplift in prices from them.

Truthfully I don't really understand the on-line / post / try / get the fit right thing. 

Labrador & a white-stick may be in the future...... ;)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16676
    I found my last trip to specsavers to be really well organised. 

They gave me a tray to put the glasses I tried on for cleaning. No stipulation on how many I could try, but I did avoid trying too many on. I was free to lower my mask as long as I maintained social distance.   They did the adjustments on the ones I chose whilst I was there.  They were posted out once done, but I could have gone for final fitting if I had preferred.

a little more hassle as I had to carry a tray, a lot less hassle as I only had to go in once.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    WezV said:
    I found my last trip to specsavers to be really well organised. 

They gave me a tray to put the glasses I tried on for cleaning. No stipulation on how many I could try, but I did avoid trying too many on. I was free to lower my mask as long as I maintained social distance.   They did the adjustments on the ones I chose whilst I was there.  They were posted out once done, but I could have gone for final fitting if I had preferred.

a little more hassle as I had to carry a tray, a lot less hassle as I only had to go in once.
    I tried about twenty on in this setup and none of them fit, I wouldn't have tried that many but you can't see the measurements without touching them. Plus I had six month lockdown hair thus looked like Wolverine so even if I'd found any that fit, I would have had no idea what they would actually look like on me in normal mode.

They charged me £40 to reglaze the frames that cost me £25 from there last time (which included lenses). Which pissed me off way more than it should have

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom